Team-BHP - Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66632-production-ready-vw-polo-spotted-pg-11-23-a.html)

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's VW Polo Testdrive report has been uploaded at this linky. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

This thread = closed.

hey guys.. saw three VW polo s parked next to empire hotel on church street last night.. There were two sedans - 1.6 petrol and 1.9 tdi.. and a hatch.. all three had a german registration ( i think)..
The driver was friendly, said the germans were testing it all over south india!! accordin to him they're supposed to be launched in 2010.. guess he was wrong..
Got to sit inside the car for a short run.. seems very very well built for the segment, and quite sturdy..
got a pic, but basic cell phone quality ..quite bad.. will try p[ostin it later..

btw... also saw a new red nissan 350 z... looked hot!

A polo sedan ? Or was the sedan a Jetta ?

Post the picture dude!
It is quiet amazing they actually allowed outsiders to sit and feel the car and even go on a drive. Congrats bro!

BTW, VWs are known for their solid build. Hope the Indian version of Polos are going to be the same too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 568647)
A polo sedan ? Or was the sedan a Jetta ?

ACI did report that VW was working on launching a stretched Polo Sedan for India. They also said that VW had frozen the design of the new Indian Polo. I guess it will take on Fiesta, NHC, SX4, Vios while the hatch will take on GP, Fabia and Honda Jazz.

But why south India? Their plant is coming up in Chakan and at the moment their assembly operations for the Passat are on in Aurangabad.

While in Goa last weekend I saw a convoy of the VW Polo, Jetta, Golf and Passat. While the Passat had a MH-20 regn, the remaining pack sported international plates. The Polo was dark Blue in colour. Nice looking cars those!

I guess India is progressing now - I can say this finally - never have I ever before seen such Rapid Launches by companies - I suppose by 2010 we will have all the cars in India !!

We need the Pics Bro !!! :)

hey..ya..polo sedan.. badge said.. POLO Classic.. looked quite good, the hatch was hot!! seems like fiesta, sx4 competition only.. ohh, these were RHDs only.
need a lappy with IR to upload, wait up .. im lookin for one, but very dark pic.. ill look for the cars again tonight..
only driver was there.. too happy with all the attention..hence the opportunity
sedans were silver, hatch - black

Picture mate, you can post what you have till such time you come upon a better one. Why tease us this way..lolz

2010....dont believe him. Herr VW-driver was just kidding. Expect it much before that. ronk, pictures please mate!

Post the pic, buddy *tongue hanging out*

Moral, you sure there was a Golf in that convoy? A sign of good things to come, I hope! :)

Heres a pic of a similar incident. I saw and met the German TESTERS with hi tech data loggers & stuf. I spoke to one of them for some time. He also showed me the Cars from inside but dint allow interior pics.

The 1st from Left Passat, 2nd Polo Diesel , 3rd polo petrol, 4th (dont rem) Golf i think

hey finally the pics.. sorry.. had to transfer by IR to another phone, then bluetothh to laptop!

Can't paste image.. check this link out..
Image019 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think I've found my next car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 569338)
I think I've found my next car.

Likewise! :)

Nice pics dude. Looks like some serious contender in the Indian car market.