Team-BHP - Honda acknowledges Hyundai....at last!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda acknowledges Hyundai....at last! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66889-honda-acknowledges-hyundai-last.html)

Source: :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Quote:

Honda CEO: 'Hyundai is awesome'

Honda’s CEO Takanobu Ito has said he sees Korean manufacturer Hyundai as a huge threat to the future of Japanese automakers.

The Korean firm has seen strong sales growth across the world in the last few years and it is currently the top selling manufacturer in Britain for retail sales.

“Hyundai is awesome,” said Takanobu. “They are undoubtedly a threat because their products are cheap, and the quality is improving.”

Hyundai and its sister firm Kia have been successful across Europe and America in various scrappage incentive schemes. Smaller models such as the i10, i20 and i30 have proved particularly popular.

Takanobu’s comments have also been echoed by designer Shiro Nakamura from Nissan.

“Hyundai is the biggest threat for the Japanese automakers,” he said. “They have the technology, but they seem to have cheaper labour.”
Japanese surely are wary of this Korean Auto major.

They should be wary of all competition, not just this specific case. However, there is an inevitable learning curve in this industry, and Hyundai is going up the same curve which the major Japanese players climbed on some decades back. They are still climbing, and what matters is that they keep on doing that.

Definitely the quality and features offered are improving which is good sign. is Maruti Suzuki/TATA/ TATA-FIAT listening ?

Kudos to Hyundai team - wish they improve in their Service too.
Not that they are bad, but there is definite scope for improvement.

Feels proud to be an owner of Hyundai vehicle. and also not 1 but 2 :)

Is there some problem with the link? When I click on it I get a page "Service Unavaliable" :(

I think at the end of the day what matters is Highest Possible Quality at most competitive price. Whosoever does that, wins it all.
Latest Hyundai offerings prove that quality is affordable. It high time that Japanese stop resting on their laurels/brand image and bring in "Value for Money" factor in order to stay in hunt in next 5-10 years.

Is the link working fine ? Knock knock

Good work Hyundai. Honda should learn from Hyundai atleast on the A.S.S offered and customer treatment.

Thats working , may be the fire wall in the office network blocked it first

Kudos hyundai

The link was working fine earlier but right now it's not. But here's the quote from the website.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Quote:

Honda’s CEO Takanobu Ito has said he sees Korean manufacturer Hyundai as a huge threat to the future of Japanese automakers.

The Korean firm has seen strong sales growth across the world in the last few years and it is currently the top selling manufacturer in Britain for retail sales.

“Hyundai is awesome,” said Takanobu. “They are undoubtedly a threat because their products are cheap, and the quality is improving.”

Hyundai and its sister firm Kia have been successful across Europe and America in various scrappage incentive schemes. Smaller models such as the i10, i20 and i30 have proved particularly popular.

Takanobu’s comments have also been echoed by designer Shiro Nakamura from Nissan.

“Hyundai is the biggest threat for the Japanese automakers,” he said. “They have the technology, but they seem to have cheaper labour.”

06/10/2009

The effort which they have put over the years to bring confidence in their products is surely showing results(Hard work will reap results ). Now Honda, Nissan has agreed rest will follow.congrats Hyundai.

Aha, Hyundai started off selling rebadged Mitsubishi`s and subequently platform engineered Mitsu`s, if I`m not mistaken, and now just its automotive division is bigger than Mitsu too.

That itself is saying something.

Hyndai is indeed doing great....per my expirience thay are making awesome product & if they can able to keep the price in competitive manner they can be the leaders

Kudos Hyundai Motors!!!