Team-BHP - September 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   September 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66913-september-2009-indian-car-sales-figures-analysis.html)

Maruti sales up 17.3pc in September
1 Oct 2009, 1125 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Car maker Maruti Suzuki India today reported 17.3 per cent jump in sales for September at 83,306 units. In the domestic market, Maruti sold 71,594 units from 64,682 units in September last year, an increase of 10.7 per cent, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.

Exports of the company surged by 85.4 per cent to 11,712 units from 6,318 units in the year-ago period, it added.

Sales of the company's once bread-and-butter model M800 declined by 7.5 per cent at 3,207 units compared to 3,467 units in September 2008, while A2 segment (comprising Alto, Wagon R, Estilo, Swift, A-Star and Ritz) witnessed growth of 15.1 per cent at 52,508 units compared to 45,621 units in the same month a year ago, the release added.

A3 segment sales (consisting of SX4 and DZiRE) decreased 0.8 per cent to 7,356 units compared to 7,413 units in the corresponding period last year, the company said.

The production of its mid-sized Sedan SX4 was halted during the month for a change over to an upgraded version.

MSI's passenger car sales rose by 11.7 per cent at 71,368 units against 63,917 units in the same month in 2008, the filing said.

(Courtesy The Economic Times)

NEW DELHI: Hyundai Motor
India Ltd has recorded highest-ever sales of 53,804 units in September 2009, according to a company press release. </IMG>

After months of slowdown the domestic market, buoyed by the strong festive season sales, recorded a growth rate of 25% after months of fluctuating sales. The overseas sales grew at a modest 9% as the export market slowed down with the scrappage incentive coming to an end in most European markets.

HMIL's total sales for September, 2009 stood at 53,804 units as against 46,218 units in September 2008. The domestic sales accounted for 27,803 units as against 22,311 units in September 2008 while the overseas sales grew from 23,907 units last September to 26,001 units in September 2009.

Commenting on September 2009 sales, Arvind Saxena, Sr. V-P - marketing and sales, HMIL, said, “The sales for September were promising as we not only recorded the highest figures in our 11 years of operations but also this year the festive season has been encouraging as customers returned to the showroom. We hope this will be the turning point for the automotive industry and if sales remain strong during the coming Diwali, then we can look at double digit growth figures for the current year.”

Hyundai's segment-wise cumulative sales for September 2009 are as follows: A2 Segment (Santro, i10, Getz & i20) 49,482 units; A3 Segment (Accent & Verna) 4,269 units; A5 Segment (Sonata Transform) 52 units; and SUV Segment (Tucson) 1 unit

I wonder why Honda has not still released the Sept Sales:confused:

Let us wait for Vasudevas report and GTOs analysis.

The best one to look at numbers. No Bhashan, all about number crunching and upto the point.

Lot of companies/corporates buy before sept. end to claim half yearly depreciation benefits in their books. That could also be one of the reason for higher sales in September 2009.
Again, last year in september, due to the sub-prime crisis, many would have waited to see the impact, which could be the result for low sales in 2008.

This is good news for Maruti and the industry overall. We should not get too carried away by an increase in sales at this time of the year as it's seasonal demand. A lot pf pent up demand gets fulfilled this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1510059)
We should not get too carried away by an increase in sales at this time of the year as it's seasonal demand. A lot pf pent up demand gets fulfilled this month.

Why should *we* be happy about increase in car sales. For the common man, it means more traffic, more pollution and more chaos on roads. :(

This article was published in T.O.I. on next day after Dussera.

Dussehra Sales Up 40% Over Last Yr

Ahmedabad: There was an unprecedented mad rush to buy cars across Gujarat on Dussehra because of the tradition of buying cars on this festival, coupled with the lucrative depreciation benefits for businessmen and professionals under the new tax laws for buying cars before September 30.

There was a heavy rush, particularly in the premium segment, where the depreciation benefits are significant. Such was the rush that many buyers were left disappointed as dealers ran out of cars. Those who got deliveries on Dussehra had booked well in advance. Dealers of brands like BMW, Mercedes and Audi, who deliver one or two cars a day, were under pressure to deliver in double digits. Dealers in Ahmedabad sold 10 Volkswagens, 13 Mercs, 15 BMWs and 17 Audis. Compare that to 73 Skodas which a dealer in Ahmedabad sold on Monday. Toyota and Honda in Ahmedabad sold 100 cars each.

In Ahmedabad alone, Hyundai delivered around 350 cars and Maruti close to 500. Almost all dealers said sales were up by 30-40 per cent over last Dussehra. “I’ve never seen such rush, we’ve run out of i10 and i20s,” said Hyundai dealer Surendra Sharma. General Motors, Ford and Mitsubishi showrooms too were abuzz with activity. Tata Motors sold 175 cars, of which bulk were Tata Vista.

Honda Jazz was another car in demand. Maruti ran out of Swift and Dezire models. Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja wanted an Audi Q5 model on Dussehra. However, his busy cricketing schedule forced him to take delivery two days in advance. Among other high-profile buyers of Audis was Nirma chairman Karsanbhai Patel. Chintan, a Vadodara builder, came to pick up a Mercedes C-class sharp at 3 pm — as suggested by his astrologer. Many customers insisted on a particular time of delivery and most dealers had organised a priest to carry out puja. Among those in this Dussehra race was Asfaq Shiliwala, CEO of a leading BPO in Surat. He drove away with a Volkswagen Jetta. “Dussehra has always being an auspicious day for me. I bought all my previous cars on this day,” he said.

Ravindra Jadeja (R) with his new Audi

Hyundai could sell ONLY a single Tucson:Shockked:. Has Fortuner eaten up the sales?

Hyundai Motor India Ltd records highest ever sales

To hell clap:with the impression that City is overpriced. But Jazz?

Check the sales figures below for Honda, Sep '09:
City: 4281; Jazz: 504; Civic: 695; CR-V: 1; Accord: 313

Source:
Honda press release

Maruti will report positive growth as long as they dont have competition for Swift D and Dzire D. Though City is over priced, for the killer looks and brand value, I would still love to own one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 1510102)
Why should *we* be happy about increase in car sales. For the common man, it means more traffic, more pollution and more chaos on roads. :(

A robust car industry would mean we get better models in the future. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmbabu (Post 1510572)

Source:
Honda press release

Why Honda why, why did you kill such an excellent car with your insane pricing?

Is Terracan still being sold? Or packed off to gallows, like all good Hyundai outputs that die an unnatural death due to bad pricing and positioning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmbabu (Post 1510572)
To hell clap:with the impression that City is overpriced. But Jazz?

Source:
Honda press release

Great that the sales of city have ticked over 4k units :thumbs up. However, this must be a stock pile up production due to the festive season. Nevertheless this is some seriously good number.

A couple more months will tend to give a better picture.

Jazz is jazzy in pricing too. Not too many people buying it inspite of festive season. HONDA please wake up.

Civic - not a bad number from 300 odd. Again a couple of months will give a better picture with the sales war with Altis.

CRV - they sold only one. Huh

Accord - A decent number, now need to compare with the superb and see how they fought in September. Edit: Thansk Sid: 313 Vs 257. Good going for accord

Skoda sales: 1854

superb: 257
octavia+laura: 684
fabia:913 (discount effect?)