Team-BHP - Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66948-fav-car-politicians-businessmen-sports-stars-film-stars-macho-toyota-suv-line-up.html)

Guys I think Toyota now has complete range of SUV's in India at each and every price points ! What Say ?

My fav would be Fortuner & Land Cruiser, even though they are extremely priced. What about you?

Let me know your opinion / feedback on this.

my vote is for the fortuner ..It rulez

In the lineup the fortuner looks more areodynamic (greenhouse wise), sleek (not really the face but the sides and rear etc) and is the best value price wise I can live with the Innova interiors as long as they offer auto soon

IMHO, with the kind of money they have, nothing less than a Landcruiser is their cup of tea!

I would also go for the Landcruiser and the Fortuner.

Landcruiser would be my choice. The politicians in Chennai have already changed their old SUV (Safari, Sumo) to Toyota.

Maybe OT, but now with gifts more than Rs 50,000 being taxed I fervently hope our politicians get less and less cars "gifted" to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCS (Post 1519730)
My fav would be Fortuner & Land Cruiser, even though they are extremely priced. What about you?

The Fortuner is extremely well placed in terms of pricing.
Hon'able Sri Sharad Pawar had an LC long long back before it even
launched here in India. I think he also had the Range Rover. He visited our
college in one of those.

In the pic above the smallest range Fortuner looks and actually is bigger than the expensive Prado.

SUV's are popular in politicians may be beacuse they represent size, road presence and power.

The New endy looks closer to the Massive Landcurser upfront than any of the other members of the toyota family.

the headlamps and front grill of the New Endy emulate the Landcruser.

The Prado in profile has many elements that look like the Safari without the rear door mounted spare wheel.

With the Fortuner you`ll see many more politicians shift to Toyota SUV`s. Eventhough these 'humble servants' generally have mucho money, not all of them would be available to get hold of a 40 L Prado, let alone an 80L LC.

So expect to see some white fortuners with red lights and white towel seat covers with shady lace curtains!

Money no bar, of course the Landcruiser. However, the Q7 is even more popular with the filmi types. The Landcruiser in their circles is "yesterday".

Expect a ton of white Fortuners serving politicians. All thanks to the pricing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo (Post 1520788)

So expect to see some white fortuners with red lights and white towel seat covers with shady lace curtains!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1523240)

Expect a ton of white Fortuners serving politicians. All thanks to the pricing!

I guess because of their bookings there is a wait for 4-5 months on the Fortuner. Common man can wait while the so-called VIPs get first preference

since when have the "gifters' and "receivers" paid tax in those circles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffsoft (Post 1520171)
Maybe OT, but now with gifts more than Rs 50,000 being taxed I fervently hope our politicians get less and less cars "gifted" to them.

and since when is someone who can afford a Fortuner ,a common-man? ;-)