Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 20:13   #16
BHPian

thanks for the info!!will check up with the service station soon!!
Old 8th October 2009, 20:17   #17
BHPian

This looks like a " Low cost Recall thingy" to me. Lucky for ford it isn't something life threatening.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks fo rthe info vnabhi. My car is 2007 too. will take it to the A.S.S soon.
Old 8th October 2009, 21:46   #19
BHPian

Why is FORD not doing something permanent rather than this Desi "jugaad" sort of thing. Though its nothing serious but as per the thread started its not the way to rectify a manufacturing fault.
Pushing the pipe away
Old 8th October 2009, 23:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I'm on my second Ford, who knows, maybe I'll get my third
+1 to that.. me too on my second (ikon followed by a fiesta) and won't mind a third
Old 9th October 2009, 17:06   #21
BHPian

Just called Lathangi Ford , they instructed me to come down to "align" the power Steering Rod.
Going there Tomorrow.

Thanks again vnabhi for the information.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats wonderful!
Voluntary caring is absolutely fantastic and appreciable - So Ford is really caring for
its valued customers.
Now,those who are doubtful about FORD service can go for ford cars without any hesitation?
Cheers
Old 9th October 2009, 17:20   #23
BHPian

Can someone post a photo of engine bay with this pipe. I would like to check this in my car, eventhough mine is not a Ford
Old 9th October 2009, 17:39   #24
BHPian

Hope the power steering is the only defect.

Speaking of such defects, has there been any product recall of any car in history because of manufacturing defects?
Old 9th October 2009, 19:16   #25
BHPian

We have a 2007 Fiesta - but Diesel, not Petrol. The power steering went kaput in just 20 months (around 35000 KM). They replaced it under warranty - but it took 8 days for the parts to arrive and we were asked not to use the car unless absolutely necessary.

And now less than a year after replacement, the power steering is acting up again. And get this - the dealer says "there is no warranty on parts already replaced under warranty". So if a part fails and the dealer replaces it with a poor-quality part then he is home free as he doesn't have to bother about it again. Anyway, I am sure this is just nonsense and the service guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I called Ford and they assured that is not the case - as long as the car is under warranty, all its parts are under warranty (we have 4-year warranty on the car).

Anyway, the point is that it doesn't inspire much confidence when the steering of a 8-lakh car fails under 2-years, and the replacement also starts showing bad signs less than a year. I do hope our car is an exception as I haven't heard or read about such failures.

Thought I'd share it here since everyone is talking about Fiesta power steerings.

Cheers.

Edit: Woo Hoo, my 100th post!!

Last edited by H3LIOS : 9th October 2009 at 19:20. Reason: Edit: Just wanted to add - Woo Hoo, 100th post!! :)
Old 10th October 2009, 14:53   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Pat on the back to Ford for owning up to an error, and pro-actively calling customers for a check & repair. Hey, I even appreciate them sending a chap over to Vnabhi's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
He showed to me that it was almost touching the engine, so he twisted it away and it is now about 3 inches away. He said it would now stay put that way and I need not worry about it.
Sounds a little like the Mahindra & Tata jugaad I've frequently seen. Still, just the fact that they are running a nationwide check seems to suggest that this fix will work. Who would want to go through this all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Can someone post a photo of engine bay with this pipe. I would like to check this in my car, eventhough mine is not a Ford
Bombatt : Relax, man. I don't think every car with a power steering has its safety at stake here.
Old 10th October 2009, 18:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys. Just called up Shaman and they say that this fix is ONLY for the cars sold in 2006 and 2007. I don't know how credible this statement is, but this is their final statement. I don't know what to do now.
Old 11th October 2009, 14:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Ok guys. Just called up Shaman and they say that this fix is ONLY for the cars sold in 2006 and 2007. I don't know how credible this statement is, but this is their final statement. I don't know what to do now.
It might be true---when I got a call from Mody Ford, the lady told me "since yours is a 2007 petrol Fiesta, we need to inspect the power steering'. Perhaps they rectified it in 2008 models.

Here are the pics someone requested for:-

1. Notice the gap between the engine block and the wall on whiich the wipers are fixed---there is a silver coloured hose pipe
Ford India orders inspection of power steering of all petrol Fiestas-fiesta-001.jpg

2.Now here is a pic for that narrow gap---note the pipe is twisted away from the engine block

Ford India orders inspection of power steering of all petrol Fiestas-fiesta-002.jpg

3. Here is a zoomed pic:-

Ford India orders inspection of power steering of all petrol Fiestas-fiesta-003.jpg

Hope this helps.
Old 13th October 2009, 00:37   #29
BHPian

Hi Vnabhi did they twist the pipe in your car,in my car 2006 model there is a distance between the block and the pipe.
Old 13th October 2009, 02:27   #30
BHPian

This is a great info, I need to pass this to my neighbor who got a Petrol Fiesta
Thanks Yajaman99

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks