Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 00:24   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
in Hyderabad, there are in descent number operating as Airport TAXIs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Bhai, come to bangalore, every Meru is a logan and there are 100's of em .. Its the same old indica story, as long as the taxi drivers run ogan you are not in trouble. You will have support.
That should be the initial buy. I wonder if they ever added new logans to the fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
But FYI - Meru etc are going after indigo XL CNG in delhi - NOT Logans. Despite logan having a factory fitted CNG (or suchlike) kit available!
+1. I do see many Marina in Bangalore for airport Meru cabs. Not sure if all these was new or other cab moved in this segment. Bcs, the sales chart of Marina was also not in big number.
Old 9th October 2009, 07:43   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj2402 View Post
Logan was a really good car, screwed up by Mahindra's service and the strange boxy looks of the car. The "cheap" tag associated with the car aggravated the falling sales.
Spot on! Not much damage done by the Sales and Service, but the el cheapo tag has really done them in. I mean who would want to invest 4L + and be called a cheap car owner. I know a friend who liked the car very much but wrote it off as his wifey did not want a cheap imaged, taxi branded car.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:24   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

I've noticed that its human nature to extol the virtues of a car, irrespective of how significant/insignificant they might be, during its sunset. When a car is in production, its mostly brickbats!
Old 9th October 2009, 09:50   #289
Senior - BHPian

Indians wants either one of things for ensuring that they remain satisfied with the product.

1.Mango People
  • Good looks
  • Mileage .
2.Sensible mango people -
  • Long term value
  • Good service
  • Mileage
3.Enthusiast -
  • Emotional bond with the brand
  • Likeness for the particular model
  • overall performance
  • They can forgive everything else
As far as logan is concerned it will be satisfied only by customers belonging to the category of sensible mango people which is quite a rare breed in india hence its not finding good takers.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:12   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
As far as logan is concerned it will be satisfied only by customers belonging to the category of sensible mango people which is quite a rare breed in india hence its not finding good takers.
I did not quite get what you are saying.

Sensible mango people are rare.
These people will be satisfied with the Logan.

Quote:
hence its not finding good takers
Correct, since these sensible mangos are rare, so are the sales.

What kind of mangoes are Mitsu, Toyota, Honda, TATA, MUL owners ?
Raw mangoes, ripe mangoes or rotten mangoes.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:28   #291
Senior - BHPian

logan i feel is an alternative to the indigo.
so sales of the logan should be equally good or equally bad.
but i do feel Renault Engineering makes this car much better than the indigo.
ive seen people rip this car on the airport roads.
too bad it dint get the success it deserved.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:14   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
but i do feel Renault Engineering makes this car much better than the indigo.
ive seen people rip this car on the airport roads.
Yes, and I think no one says this car is bad. Car as such is wonderful. But the price at which it comes is what makes the equation bad.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:29   #293
Senior - BHPian

The Logan is a good product and still has a fighting chance if Renault incorporates the changes suggested by MM to cater to Indian needs better. Trying to sell the same European recipe to India has not worked previously neither will it do in the future.Even McDonald's had to tweak its recipe/offering to succeed here.
Obstinance of Renault not to heed MM's advice sounds more like the French ego which thinks that whatever they do is right. Peugeot failed in India and Renault is also headed in the same direction.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:12   #294
Senior - BHPian

This was bound to happen. How long could they have pushed this shockingly ugly looking car? Since Renault was unheard name to general masses in India, they should have been carefull with their frist offering. But instead, they did exactly what Peugeot did earlier.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:23   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I did not quite get what you are saying.
I am sorry for putting out in a confusing manner.What I meant was that general public who is quite sensible enough to understand its core competency that is its rear seat comfort , spaciousness its a good vehicle and far better than what the competition is providing .

Mitusubishi, Toyota , Honda , Tata and Maruti each has a reputed core competency*.So these brands have a easier lever of customer acceptance if they bring out with a sensible product than a brand thats new to a market.The new brand also has an advantage that they can market their brand in a way they want the customer to percieve it to be like 'Skoda' as a luxury car maker.
* ( It may be brand image , preformance or any attributes of a vehicle due to it having a better global brand image or having a early start advantage )

In case of renault they are not reputed as the competitors hence if it has to sell it has to depend totally on the product and its attributes and making sure that customer 'want' is met with their product offering.Sadly , Logan doesn't . Its more in likes of PAL-Peugot's 307. Good car but its not what the customer 'want' in the context of indian market !

Sensible mangoes are rare means that I know personally after talking to many that very few people research and buy to satisfy their 'wants' . In short they have not been fully rational or sensible in buying process.

Logan has also made a mistake of not communicating the core competency of the vehicle to the Indian customer . I feel an INDIGO-XL like marketing effort thats totally focusing on its core competency can bring out better result.

Last edited by maxbhp : 9th October 2009 at 12:34.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:29   #296
Senior - BHPian

^^Aah! Thanks for breaking it up that way! Thanks!
Old 9th October 2009, 14:26   #297
BHPian

It's sad that the Renault Logan sales are dwindling. If only they had fixed the cheap looking interiors. Even the mighty Honda was forced to upgrade to better looking interiors on the ANHC within a year (although some of us believe it was a well planned strategy ).

Whenever I use a Logan Meru cab, I'm amazed by the fantastic ride quality. I've been taking these cabs for over an year now and most of these have done over 80k km. I hardly hear a squeak or a rattle. In contrast most Marina Meru cabs have run less than half the Logans, but their suspensions feel anything but premium. Rattles and squeaks are a norm on the Marina cabs.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:35   #298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Bhai, come to bangalore, every Meru is a logan and there are 100's of em ..
This statement is incorrect. Every Meru is NOT a Logan.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:46   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
This statement is incorrect. Every Meru is NOT a Logan.
Yes, I have seen a couple of TATA Indigo Marinas as well. One wrecked right here in the Accident Pics thread.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:25   #300
BHPian

I was discussing with my family of the ride quality in comparison with my Swift. We were tra velling to the airport from Panvel to catch a flight in a Meru. It is a good vehicle spacious and with good a/c. Meru guy told me that the sales have survived due to the Meru tieup with Mahindra.
I would look at upgrading to this vehicle in 2-3 years once I feel its time to change my Swift. But I doubt Logan will be around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks