Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 00:09   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishrut786 View Post
You are so damn right. I always had a Laguna ( Logan's equivalent in Europe), never had a problem for three years. Even by Indian standards, Logan is wider than an SUV. I love Logan
Laguna = Logan ?!! , The Laguna is in the same class as the Accord and the Camry. Classes apart.
Old 10th November 2009, 00:57   #347
BHPian

I think even though 1.6 is discontinued, I should not be much worried as most parts would be the same as in the 1.4 version.

Has any Logan owner faced any issues so far with the spare parts availability?
Old 10th November 2009, 01:11   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Renault to offer full range of products in India

Carlos Ghosn:
  • Freeze on Renault’s investments in India are over now that the global automobile market has stabilised.
  • "Renault will have much more products for India. There will be a full line up of products of Renault for India and we have not come to India to sell one specific car."
  • "It's coming to India to contribute to the development of the Indian market and will come up with a complete line up."
  • "We are constantly evaluating all the line ups that we are going to produce at the Chennai plant and this will continue till the plant starts."
  • "We have a common approach between the two companies (Renault and Nissan) where platforms are going to be shared, engines are going to be shared although designs are going to be different even though the markets are going to be completely different."
  • "It is a constant learning and correction, and additions and discussion with our partners. We feel very good about our presence in India."
Source:
Renault to offer full range of products in India- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Investments to flow soon: Renault-Nissan chief- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
This should make existing owners like me relax a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
My views -
Every product has its life cycle, Logan has done extremely well in her life cycle.

Now Logan's life cycle has reached the plateau stage thus this is the time to bring an all new model with more contemporary design and refined, fuel efficient engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
It should not be like M800 which is running from past 20+ yrs in Indian road. Phasing out model will bring us more and more advanced car.
Logan was launched internationally in 2004 and in India in 2007. In both the cases its relatively new. Styling , both interior and exterior is outdated, I admit. But the car as a machine is not dated at all. The engines are adequately powerful and frugal. Bit and pieces do not fall off.. neither do they rattle. Ride is one of the best around.

And about spares.. the car is still in production guys!
Old 10th November 2009, 02:17   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
This should make existing owners like me relax a bit!
Ashutosh, thanks for sharing this piece of information. I am going to sleep peacefully tonight
Old 10th November 2009, 02:48   #350
Senior - BHPian

SOS to Mahindra. 4m Sandero diesel is urgently needed.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:39   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Ashutosh, thanks for sharing this piece of information. I am going to sleep peacefully tonight
Well, its just speculation whether there will be spares available etc. As per the feedback on net from other countries where logan is being sold, the engine life is stupendous. Why bother about spares when your engine itslef has good life .

Last edited by MuzzledMoose : 16th November 2009 at 15:40. Reason: typo
Old 16th November 2009, 16:51   #352
BHPian

Face-lift Logan in pipeline - :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Not sure if this is the safe as the 'spory' logan launched recently... and went by unnoticed....
Old 17th November 2009, 03:19   #353
BHPian

Looks better to me although I am satisfied with the current looks as well.
Let's wait and see the interiors and the reaction of the public.
Old 26th November 2009, 08:08   #354
BHPian

All,

I think the new refreshed version of Logan has been launched.
Check out the website. :: Welcome to MahindraRenault.com ::
Also till December 31st, a discount of 60,000 is being offered.

Has any one got any more updates?
Old 26th November 2009, 08:45   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
All,

I think the new refreshed version of Logan has been launched.
Check out the website. :: Welcome to MahindraRenault.com ::
Also till December 31st, a discount of 60,000 is being offered.

Has any one got any more updates?
Checked out the website, the car shown is still without those cosmetic changes that is reported in ACI link you had posted earlier.

I am not sure that even after the update this car manages to sell in numbers Renault expected. Manza has redefined what is VFM and in front of competition, Logan even after update stands no chance to succeed. If they are banking upon diesel, Maruti and Tata are offering better diesels that offer more performance and efficiency.
In petrols too, Suzuki has an advantage as compared to what Logan is offering.

Too little too late. Renault come up with something better, may be Sandero with better powertrains. Dont think that its small car market. In both petrol and diesel, the competition is quite strong.
Old 27th November 2009, 01:38   #356

Logan MCV is the most selling Dacia-Logan in EU. Mahindra can launch this 7 seater model with little updates in their tool chain (Double barrel Headlights, tall tail lamps, ski racks, etc) would sell like hot cake. The vaccant space between sedans and MPVs could be well occupied by Logan MCV. Then the 6L+ price tag also would be justified!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks