Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 16:44   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
finneyp : This feature was there in Corsa too, not sure if rectified in Aveo.Not a pain once you get used to it.
vasudeva : All Ford, GM cars have this feature since they do cost cutting and just install the original left side steering to the right.
Quote:
diabloo : Left hand is required for changing gears - not to worry about turning the signal. All GM, Ford cars still have this feature.
It is actually a bad idea. We use the indicator & head-light controls much more than we use wiper controls. By having the head-light + indicators on the left side of the steering wheel, we are adding more work to the left hand which is already doing the critical function of changing gears. I would have appreciated these BIG companies to make efforts for such things too. It wasnt like they had to re-tooling dies for panels or developing a new gear-box ..
Quote:
Samurai : .. but how can people ignore 22kmpl on highway in a diesel sedan?
FE is important, but not everything, right ? I can get as much if not more from a Swift Diesel than from an Indica Diesel - but that doesnt mean I will go for the Swift. There is a market, and the price has to justify what I get for that price.

Last edited by condor : 18th December 2007 at 17:04.
Old 18th December 2007, 17:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

I've never seen the Logan's wrong side wipers in action but I have noticed that the RHS wiper has a very complicated looking arm, somewhat like the older E class Mercs with single wiper used to have. I wonder to what extent this peculiar arm shape/mechanism overcomes the shortcoming of a wrong direction sweep. Any comments from Logan owners?
Old 18th December 2007, 17:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I would have appreciated these BIG companies to make efforts for such things too.
The Ford Fiesta has the engine hood release on the passenger side. What about that?
Old 18th December 2007, 17:51   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The Ford Fiesta has the engine hood release on the passenger side. What about that?
I am shocked!!!
Old 18th December 2007, 17:56   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
The dealers have already offering discounts ranging between 13 to 19k, again based on finance availed.
Is finance discount really a discount? Either ways, I meant a price correction in the cars list price (independent of finance).
Old 18th December 2007, 18:17   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
amit : The Ford Fiesta has the engine hood release on the passenger side. What about that?
$hlt. Ford's taken things to a different level altogether ! Does the ol' man Henry know about this yet ?
Old 18th December 2007, 18:38   #52
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Apparently, Reliance has just brought 200 units of the Logan for the new Taxi service they're about to launch. Would be interesting to see what the old buyer's would like to say to this.
X
Reliance have? Which group?
Worldwide, these kind of sales get massive fleet discounts, and pay nowhere near the showroom price.

Personally have never understood the so called "stigma" of owning a taxi special. But I am likely one of the few exceptions, and it always makes me wonder what kind of people buy automobiles in India, and for what reasons. As if buying a Logan or Indica/Indigo is some kind of status statement heh.

Old 18th December 2007, 19:04   #53
BANNED

Quote:
So were the Ikons too! Ain't it? Dunno if it shocks many here!
Old 18th December 2007, 19:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Logan has Boot release on passenger side
Old 18th December 2007, 20:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
So were the Ikons too! Ain't it? Dunno if it shocks many here!
Ikon, Underneath the steering column. Anyway, how does it matter if the hood release is on the opposite side, it helps burning a few calories.
Old 18th December 2007, 21:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Well its unfortunate Logan didn't click, its practical car in economy class.

It has plain looks that is killing it i guess. Otherwise car is quiet good its not overpriced at all, with free Insurance offer its good deal for the practicality it provides.

Actually they should market this product in semi urban areas more in city its hard to push logan sales.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th December 2007, 21:17   #57
BHPian

Today in the Delhi times saw an advertisement of Rs. 80k discount on the Petrol model of Logan 1.6

I m like shocked. The car though not good looking but is surely VFM.
Old 18th December 2007, 21:22   #58
BHPian

To start with, Logan had an image problem and unfortunately it stuck. It is not all that bad a car, but people had this perception at the back of their mind when they look at it. Logan will make a good taxi car. As vcash said, Renault should explore that market and make some agressive forays into that sector. Then it will survive. No serious buyer will want to shell out that kind of money and yet be labelled as owner of a "cheap" car.
Old 18th December 2007, 21:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
But you forget that the Indigo has been around for eons now, with the new line of Tata cars expected be around the corner the new model will ideally be the one that competes with Logan and Tata being Tata might further drop the prices of the Indigo and continue with it or they might just introduce the notchback. The Logan is less than a year old which makes this discussion interesting, and it is indeniably over-priced.
Completely agreeing with what you are saying, What I was trying to say is that one month of low sales does not mean that it is an end of a product.
Old 18th December 2007, 21:33   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1100D : Anyway, how does it matter if the hood release is on the opposite side, it helps burning a few calories.
And what did Ford gain by saving those calories that it would have taken to re-align the layout ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks