Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 23:39   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I spotted three Logan Cabs in Kochi over the last week. All were white. Is the "taxification" of the Logan beginning?
Its high time M&M started concentrating on the Taxi segment, this will help them build up some numbers. Reading about the fuel economy of the diesel (ranging from 14-21 as reported by users) it will be hit with the operators and as agreed by everybody the space inside is really good.

According to this report in ET, the price of Logan is about to be reduced by 30-43k across various models in all cities. This is following their recent increase in price for other vehicles in the M&M stable.

This price cut may attract a few more buyers but it still remains to be seen if people will actually buy it. Most of them have been turned away because of its bare bones specifications for its relatively high price but now with this correction it looks a little better.

This will also start attracting the Taxi segment now which is good from M&M if they want to increase their sales.

It will also be great boost for them if they came out with a CNG version...

Last edited by ajmat : 4th January 2008 at 08:05.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:07   #137
BHPian

Logan to be cheaper by Rs 30,000

Source:Logan to be cheaper by Rs 30,000- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) and Renault, is likely to rationalise prices of its Logan sedan within eight months of its launch. This is the second time the company will be rejigging prices of the Logan

The Logan has suffered on account of slack demand and intense competition in the mid-size sedan segment. Sources say Mahindra Renault has formalised some of the rebates already available on the product. The mark down will mean different variants of the Logan will be cheaper by anywhere between Rs 30,000 and Rs 43,000. The price mark down will cover several metros like Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:42   #138
Senior - BHPian

So, now the wishes of TeamBHP is fulfilled Now the question is is it rightly priced now? Wish they give out some freebies (atleast some more free services) to the early owners who paid
extra money...
Old 4th January 2008, 11:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

The price cut should definitely make it a bit more attractive to buyers now. However I think they should reduce by around 50K mark as it gives more of a phsycological boost by that nice round sound to the figure of 50K.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:22   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The price cut should definitely make it a bit more attractive to buyers now. However I think they should reduce by around 50K mark as it gives more of a phsycological boost by that nice round sound to the figure of 50K.
May be this 30K to 43K + Insurance free
Old 4th January 2008, 11:57   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is the second time the company will be rejigging prices of the Logan
Just drives home the point. I had always insisted that the Logan is over-priced for what it offers; the company seems to have agreed twice in a row!
Old 4th January 2008, 12:17   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
1) Price correction. Price for the basic variants should come down by atleast 50k (which did happen in the 1.4's case in diwali). And for the higher variants atleast 75k+.

Okay that would bring it back to the 6 lakh range.

2) Throw those horrible interiors out, bring in a new dashboard, door pads. and it should look expensive and justify the price tag the car is carrying. improve the fit and finish quality.

Add Rs.50,000?

3) Change those wipers. they look ugly and move in the wrong direction.

Add Rs.5,000?

4) give that remote boot open as standard (which is now being offered as an extra).

Add Rs.2,500?

5) Bring in airbags and abs in all variants, atleast as an option.

Add Rs.75,000 to 1 lakh. Airbags are expensive.

6) Bring in the 16 valve petrols (the 1.6 100 bhp petrol and an 85 bhp 1.4) and the 85bhp dci.

Add Rs.50,000

7) Bring in the Sandero look ASAP! (Even though it will affect me badly )

Oops - Add another Rs.50,000

8) Get those stupid a/c knobs to rotate in the right direction, the indian way!

Add Rs.2,500?

anymore?

Control stalks on the right side - Rs.5,000

Bonnet release on the right side - Rs.5,000

The look on the customer's face when he sees the Rs.10 lakh price tag - PRICELESS!
I would totally agree with steeroid.
They should do something to get the sales rising soon.
Even today i see more than many a Logans biting dust outside mahindra showrooms (on my way to office everyday).
For starters they should cut the price tag and instead have "economy of numbers" approach.
Other things can fall into place soon once the localization content rises and Renault can source stuff from vendors at bettere prices.
Old 4th January 2008, 12:23   #143
BANNED

Wow! The first price cut has happened. Now, to wait for more. I'm still of the opinion that it is still overpriced after this 30k price drop.
Maybe it is just an indication of what's in store for Logan.
Old 4th January 2008, 12:26   #144
Senior - BHPian

Great news. Autoshow awards jury was all praises for Logans handling capabilities.
Old 4th January 2008, 14:28   #145
Senior - BHPian

....and there we are! Logan should have been targeted at the Indigo right from the outset. I do feel for owners who bought the Logan recently. This is bound to hit their resale values.
Old 4th January 2008, 14:35   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just drives home the point. I had always insisted that the Logan is over-priced for what it offers; the company seems to have agreed twice in a row!
And counting Fair price is much less!
Old 4th January 2008, 14:39   #147

I would rather expect the company to spend on changing to curvey boot & update the interior
Old 4th January 2008, 20:37   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attakasa_paiyan View Post
I would rather expect the company to spend on changing to curvey boot & update the interior
I agree with above.

The M&M must improve the interior, as the fit and finish for such price level is not at all up to the mark.
Old 6th January 2008, 00:09   #149
BHPian

saw this news on cnbc awaaz ,new prices to come in to effect from 7th january..could anybody confirm the same
Old 6th January 2008, 01:12   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Wow! The first price cut has happened. Now, to wait for more. I'm still of the opinion that it is still overpriced after this 30k price drop.
Maybe it is just an indication of what's in store for Logan.

Petrol Logan prices seem reasonable after a 30k price cut. But diesel prices are still very much overpriced. Unless they can reduce the price for the diesel version, sales wont pick up too much!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks