Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2008, 00:39   #226
Team-BHP Support

They are doing some aggressive (Insane?) ad campaigns for the Logan. Here there are Logans being carried around on lorries, sales people calling everyone they know too many times etc.

And most logans have been stickered No. 1 (to show 1st place as per some survey)
Old 10th March 2008, 13:35   #227

Sorry for the smsey language

Hey Mods.Am very sorry for that smsey language.Will try to avoid doing that in future.Logan is a competitor only to Indigo & SX4 and now maybe for Swift Dzire also.i will agree that Honda City indeed offers a unique one of its kind driving experience. none of the cars in its class can be compared with the CITY.They all lack the power of HONDA ENGINEERING. Maruti SX4 is able to boast of numbers because of only 2 things. one being that its a MARUTI branded car and other being its pickup.Otherwise its nothing special in all other departments.Logan petrol is not that great.But if you drive a diesel, thats the time you actually get a feel of Renault Engineering.Logan is the only car in its class to offer so much comfort on the rear seats.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th March 2008 at 13:39. Reason: Changed bCoz to Because & 1 to One
Old 10th March 2008, 14:09   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniljathar View Post
Logan is the only car in its class to offer so much comfort on the rear seats.
I TDed Logan last weekend and i thought rear seat was very bad. I felt Indigo was much better. Did I get a bad car for Test Drive, then?
Old 10th March 2008, 14:26   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Note Meru taxi's recruiment details (who are expanding in Bangalore) in the TOI for fleet supervisors "must have experience in Logan or Fiesta diesel or any 3 box diesel cars!"
...and I see 20 or so bright turqoise Loggie's being unloaded on the ring road near KR Puram where Meru HQ will be. Must be a lot of fleet sales driving this
Old 10th March 2008, 16:13   #230

a bad test car for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I TDed Logan last weekend and i thought rear seat was very bad. I felt Indigo was much better. Did I get a bad car for Test Drive, then?
I guess you actually might have got a bad car!go for the drive again and let me know your views about it!!!!
Old 10th March 2008, 17:55   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniljathar View Post
I guess you actually might have got a bad car!go for the drive again and let me know your views about it!!!!
I had even mentioned this to sales person and he told me that this how the car is. Not sure if the car was so badly abused as it had done only 5k KM. Will check it out again in the weekend?
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:51   #232
Senior - BHPian

March Sales

Dzire: 5,658 units (bookings)
Indigo family: 5,135 units
Logan: 3,068 units
SX4: 1,878 units
Ikon: figures awaited

Source:
Auto sales zoom, but Maruti lags in race
Hyundai, Honda gain as Maruti sales skid in Mar
Tata Motors - Media Centre
Maruti, Tata car sales fall, others gain ground- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:59   #233
Senior - BHPian

Comparing a logan with SX4. These two cars are as different as chalk and cheese.The SX 4 is the most well equipped car in its class while as the Lofan does not even offer small thing as a auto boot release in a Rs 7 lakh car. SX4 is a handsome hunk while Logan is totally bereft of any personality.

Mate compare the cars which belong to the same category . The onlyreason why Logan is doing well is due to the Diesel variant being available and Taxi wallahs lapping it up. Wait a couple of months for Dzire Diesel to be feeely available and I am sure the Logan will see a large number of its prospective customers ending up in t MSIL showrooms.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:33   #234
BHPian

Logan and SX4

If one wants to compare Logan with SX4, the look alone cannot be taken in to consideration. Leaving all minor hick-ups listed already, sit in the middle of rear seat of Logan, You will feel as if riding on a camels back. It is in no way comparable to the convenience of sitting in Logan.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:11   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Comparing a logan with SX4. These two cars are as different as chalk and cheese.The SX 4 is the most well equipped car in its class while as the Lofan does not even offer small thing as a auto boot release in a Rs 7 lakh car. SX4 is a handsome hunk while Logan is totally bereft of any personality.
Mate compare the cars which belong to the same category. The only reason why Logan is doing well is due to the Diesel variant being available and Taxi wallahs lapping it up. Wait a couple of months for Dzire Diesel to be feeely available and I am sure the Logan will see a large number of its prospective customers ending up in t MSIL showrooms.
The remote boot release is now standard on all the variants of Logan.

While I agree they are as different as chalk and cheese, but since both the cars have 1.6 engines, are roughly of the same size.. they are bound to be compared, so no need to get emotional about it.

As the sales figures mentioned above signify, the Dzire has indeed become the leader of the lower C segment, stealing buyers even from the SX4.

Need of a diesel engine in the SX4 has been debated for long, and obviously people in need of a diesel car have gone to either Logan diesel or the Dzire diesel.

The reason for me posting the sales figures every month is, because they show that the Logan is not a failure as projected, and is not being 'logged off' at all!
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:14   #236
Senior - BHPian

recently, some cab companies have introduced logan DLE as radio cabs, with GPS recievers in Hyd. these cars are in a very unique shade of light emrald green. there are some white ones as well.

as a result, Logans are suddenly all over hyderabad and at teh new airport, at any point of time, one can see 200 to 300 logans parked in the taxi stand.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:37   #237
BHPian

Yeah even I have seen a lot of logans. From what I heard the taxi service is mahindra's owned one. Looks like there are using the taxi's to create sales.

Off topic: In between the parking lot there is quite huge. But the ground Handling is really bad. They Should not have mandated that only air India should do the ground Handling.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:55   #238
Team-BHP Support

himanshu, there is a story behind those logan taxis of hyderabad. GMR wanted to fleece money out of the taxi ops as well. So they thought of a unique methodology. They disallowed the regular taxis from entering the new airport. Instead they signed up with Meru Cabs and Eazy Cabs for Radio Taxi service. The deal is

* they have to pay GMR 900 rupees per taxi per day, whether the taxi does any business or not. AFAIK, the deal is signed for 10 years. they say this is a reason that these taxis caused a few accidents when it was raining hard last few weeks. they are in a huge hurry to keep the taxis in rotation.

* it seems each taxi can have a maximum of 2 drivers in a 24 hour span. so every weary driver is doing a 12 hours back breaking shift.

Finally, to recover the money they are paying they charge Rs.15 per km against the Rs.10/km normal charges of other cabs. The Logans were apparently decided under the agreement by GMR as they wanted a different and uniform looking taxi service for the airport. Even the colors were fixed by them for each of the two operators.

By the way, the green ones are from Meru Cabs whereas the white Logan Radio Taxis are those from Easy Cabs.

EDIT: indian21r, the operations are not Mahindra owned Lol. The white ones are owned by Easy Cabs (43434343) and the Green ones are owned by Meru Cabs (44334433). They are the only authorized cab service for the new airport. Others apparently can not enter the new airport.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd April 2008 at 13:00.
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:25   #239
Senior - BHPian

How come no taxi wallas raising flag against this? This is what leads to monopoly (may be doublepoly ). 10yrs and no other operators, its deadly. i hope govt wakes up and operate good & affordable public transport from city to Airport. not only in hyd but also in other airports. That should be a great help.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:32   #240
Senior - BHPian

Ashutosh,
while the Logan and the Sx4 have 1.6 litre engines the characteristics of the car are very different. SX4 pulls hard and strong while at the Gaul petrol burner is left gasping for breath. Moreover the demograpics of the peo[ple purchasing these cars will be different.

The Logan is a no nonsense car with 0 aspirational value. The SX4 ids quite the opposite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks