Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 04:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
One thing i always get annoyed of is they announce a plan for 2011 for launching a stupid outdated model in india. I was reading a case and was shocked that the ford fiesta model was launched in eurpoe in 1993! Are we some sort of guys who take left overs????

Secondly their pricing: Enter India and Accord becomes high end, Merc value goes up couple of lakhs, Beamers are never to be dreamt of. Really disappointed with the way few companies look at us as clients. No wonder they should get such timme sto sit back and think
dude the fiesta is alot older than that originally it goes back to the 70s. but those were mark 1s. the current fiesta is a mk6 and was NOT launched in europe in 93. duratec which is in the new fiesta is way newer than that.

about pricing - you are barking up the wrong tree; blame the government.
Old 21st October 2009, 05:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I think ford is on the right track here.
Look at the Figo: It might look a generation old, but the interiors are reworked on, the car has space that not many others can offer at that price, should come with all the safety features, a very advanced diesel engine, a peppy 1.4/1.6L petrol, and will be one of the best drivers cars in its class. The best part: It is going to be very competitively priced.

The fiesta was launched here in 2005end. Given a model lifeline of 5-6 years, the new fiesta shouldn't be expected for quite a while, and 2011 looks like a good indication. If the new fiesta is launched above the current versions price bracket, who will buy it?
It is more advanced than the Verna, SX4 and City (just look at the car), and if it is priced similar/higher than them, will any one buy it? Or would they prefer the "overpriced" Hondas and Toyotas?
And when the fiesta flops, everyone would say that Ford didn't time the market right.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I think ford is on the right track here.
Look at the Figo: It might look a generation old, but the interiors are reworked on, the car has space that not many others can offer at that price, should come with all the safety features, a very advanced diesel engine, a peppy 1.4/1.6L petrol, and will be one of the best drivers cars in its class. The best part: It is going to be very competitively priced.

The fiesta was launched here in 2005end. Given a model lifeline of 5-6 years, the new fiesta shouldn't be expected for quite a while, and 2011 looks like a good indication. If the new fiesta is launched above the current versions price bracket, who will buy it?
It is more advanced than the Verna, SX4 and City (just look at the car), and if it is priced similar/higher than them, will any one buy it? Or would they prefer the "overpriced" Hondas and Toyotas?
And when the fiesta flops, everyone would say that Ford didn't time the market right.
Saw the Figo on road, its looks super cool. One can expect the car to be great but Ford needs to work on their dealers and service to make Figo a huge success.

The current Fiesta might be replaced in 2011, when Fiesta 2011 is launched here. Heres the 2011 Fiesta link The 2011 Ford Fiesta - Coming Stateside Early 2010 | The official site of the Ford Fiesta | FordVehicles.com which I posted earlier in the thread. The current Fiesta might be replaced, or as Ford does can phase out Ikon and position the current Fiesta in that space or slightly above that space. If you look at the 2011 Fiesta, its got the size of ANHC. Its got amazing interiors and it shud come with the latest engines and technologies. So one can expect it to be priced higher than the current Fiesta in the 8 - 10Lakhs bracket. These are just speculation anyways.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo Platform

Ford is on the right track by launching a competetively priced small car the Figo but why the hell should it look like the Old Gen Fiesta sold in UK?

And I'm confused wrt the Figo platform. I read that it's based on the Indian Fiesta platform then what about the exterior? I mean, is it a copy of the Old Gen UK Fiesta with a change in headlights?

And such brilliant(?) re-use of platform and design takes SO LONG?
Old 21st October 2009, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Ford Screws up when naming vehicles right in india

Ford Fusion being such a flop in India shouldn't have been named as fusion at the first place. The fusion in the US is a superb midsize sedan I can vouch for it, it has amazing ride quality and handling. Had they kept the names consistent at least they could one day launch it here and compete in the mid size sedan segment.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:15   #21
VBV
BHPian

IMHO, Ford cars have not lasted long. Like in the US, American cars give better performance for the first 3-5 years and then just die off. The Japanese cars are long lasting. That's a philosophical difference in the way cars are designed. American cars are designed for a refresh every three years, Japanese cars are not... That's how Japanese ended up with a higher market share. So Maruti cars are definitely better in quality than Ford. A comparison b/w an old esteem and an Ikon should show. Having said that, the initial surge and the engines are definitely better in Ford early on in the lifespan of a car.

However, things are changing, fiesta is seen as a practical car as well and one that lasts long. So is fusion.

Ford has a long way to go. It should first start doing the right kind of localization. Change the sides of the indicators and wiper controls, when the switch is done from US design to India design. Have more feet space in the driver seat (again a right side drive inheritance).
Old 21st October 2009, 12:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ford has realized the response from Indian car buyers which has resulted an increase in their sales last month especially the new fiesta 1.6 duratec model (more than 40 TBHP's are among the buyers of the new fiesta). This will definiltey think Ford to concentrate more on the Indian market.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks