Team-BHP - Ford gearing up for india act
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford gearing up for india act (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/67078-ford-gearing-up-india-act.html)

Looks like they finally realize that ours is the in market after they have lost base in their home turf and other countries

Ford Motor to launch new car every 1-1.6 yr- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Hopefully they get their act right around this time and deliver good cars like the Fiesta with an equally good A.S.S

Ford cars are always better is quality and technology compared to the Marutis we have. However its the cost of ownership and the expensive spares which let the company down in India.
Since ford is now trying to localize most of the spares to be made in India and building new cars here this has considerably brought down the cost of ownership(i hope).
Hopefully these small things are rectified before bringing in new cars which would eventually lose out on A.S.S or cost of ownership.

When Hyundai and Daewoo entered the Indian market, Maruti sales took a hit. At that time, maruti had a similar strategy of launching one car every year.
Fact is Maurti came up with small cars and cars that were affordable to the Indian middle class. What will Ford bring in ?
Already they are ready to come up with one generation old Fiesta called Figo. No news on Focus sedan that can shake up the Rs. 9-12 lakh segment unlike any other car. The new Fiesta saloon will be mostly based on the current generation Fiesta hatch sold in Europe.
IMHO, Ford should come up with the currently sold Fiesta in both hatch and sedan form. Now we are not new to this concept, and Ford will have economies of scale.

My main question is which cars ? If Ford comes up with a new CBU product every 1-1.5 years, its not very useful. We need latest european products.

I want this

The 2011 Ford Fiesta - Coming Stateside Early 2010 | The official site of the Ford Fiesta | FordVehicles.com

and this

2010 Ford Mustang | Official Site of the Ford Mustang | FordVehicles.com :)

This is in fact true, knowing about Ford. There is lot of emphasis on China and India.
I am sure they will bring in lots of products here with emphasis on quality and cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 1522496)

Doesn't this look similar to the new honda city when looking from the side and rear?:)

yeah it does look like well toned City!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph5600 (Post 1522703)
Doesn't this look similar to the new honda city when looking from the side and rear?:)

Amazing interiors but.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMK (Post 1522446)
Ford cars are always better is quality and technology compared to the Marutis we have. However its the cost of ownership and the expensive spares which let the company down in India.
Since ford is now trying to localize most of the spares to be made in India and building new cars here this has considerably brought down the cost of ownership(i hope).
Hopefully these small things are rectified before bringing in new cars which would eventually lose out on A.S.S or cost of ownership.

The major problem with Ford is timing the market with their products. They brought the Mondeo and the Fusion when the Indian markets were not yet mature for those kind of machines. Hopefully they can get it right this time.

I don't understand why Ford cannot get newer version of the cars they sell abroad. They still think India is a third world country.
If they bring in the new fiesta (both sedan and hatch), i am sure it will succeed in India. They should follow Suzuki,Hyundai and Honda in this aspect. Hell, Hyundai even had their World Wide launch of i20 in India! Thats the way to go. And, After Sales Service is a no brainier irrespective of the brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 1522954)
I don't understand why Ford cannot get newer version of the cars they sell abroad.

They might be worried about the pricing. If they are not able to price the car properly, they won't be able to generate volumes. So I feel that they usually launch their cars once they feel that they can give it the right pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 1522496)

agree:

Woha !!! The interiors are quiet awesome, I want this too... Ford, are you hearing. Thanks for the link rajiv.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph5600 (Post 1523115)
They might be worried about the pricing. If they are not able to price the car properly, they won't be able to generate volumes. So I feel that they usually launch their cars once they feel that they can give it the right pricing.

All their current cars are not terrible cheap either. We know for a fact that a product like i20, which is priced aggressively, has done wonders. So if Ford brings in the new fiesta sedan and hatch, it will do good. I am sure the market will accept it if priced attractively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srikanths1 (Post 1523593)
agree:

Woha !!! The interiors are quiet awesome, I want this too... Ford, are you hearing. Thanks for the link rajiv.

+1 to that. Is it too much to expect these kind of cars from Ford in India? At least, they can remove some really fancy stuff and still price attractively.

One thing i always get annoyed of is they announce a plan for 2011 for launching a stupid outdated model in india. I was reading a case and was shocked that the ford fiesta model was launched in eurpoe in 1993! Are we some sort of guys who take left overs????

Secondly their pricing: Enter India and Accord becomes high end, Merc value goes up couple of lakhs, Beamers are never to be dreamt of. Really disappointed with the way few companies look at us as clients. No wonder they should get such timme sto sit back and think