Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2005, 11:03   #46

Guys actually I feel there is no difference in A/S/S with new cars with any manufacturer unless the vehicle has been abused to the extreme.

Out of the two Marti’s and three Hyundai's in my family I never found any issues or problems with replacements, all were done without any hassles or rough talks.

The real problem starts when your vehicle is out of warranty and you take your vehicle to the service centre for a paid service.

Once when I had taken my Maruti for a general checkup before a 2000 km drive, I was given the vehicle next evening and was told everything was ok, but to my surprise when I was taking the test drive after the service I found the brake's too weak, when questioned I was told everything was ok, but when I insisted the service person to drive he agreed that there is some problem with the brake shoes, I had been billed for new brake shoes when they had never replace the old ones, also the whole job was left unfinished and I was given the delivery of the vehicle.

I had to postpone my long trip by one day because of this mess. All this happened ony when I was out of warranty and when it was a paid service.

Similar issues were faced by my elder brother with his Santo too when it was out of warranty.

I have also heard from some of my colleagues who a FIAT Palio that FIAT service centres sometimes tell you that their cars ECU unit is having problem and if that’s because of no manufacturing defect but due to improper driving and will then give you a choice of fitting in a refurbished one.

I think this gives out the point I am trying to put forth.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2009 at 00:05.
Old 26th July 2005, 11:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Let me tell how a Logic AC(digital AC) with sensors should work.But read it may not be always like this.

The sensors are logic swithches with 2-states 1 and 0

1-stands for yes
0-stands for no
and third term is called dont care denoted by X,which means not neccessary to know what is the logic state.

A)How the Ac stops cooling:
now let there be 6 sensors ABCDEF AB in the front,CD in the rear,EF in the boot section(above the parcel tray).
now at first the sensors are at 0 state which tells that the air around them has not reached the desired temp.
when the air temp reaches the set temp the asensor changes state from 0 to 1.
so for the Ac to swithch the cooling off all sensors whould read 1.that is the logic read will be 111111.

B)How the Ac starts cooling:
1)now if temp in the Boot section rises above ste temp the sensors will turn from 1 to 0.
so logic will read 111101 or 111100.
at this state cooling will not start as it is not important to cool the boot area.

2)now if the temp in the rear area rises above set temp
so logic will read 1101XX or 1100XX.last two sensors dont matter in this case.
the Ac will start cooling.

3)now if the temp in the front area rises above set temp
so logic will read 01XXXX or 00XXXX.last two sensors and the rear sensors dont matter in this case.
the Ac will start cooling.

4)now if one enters the car after it was standing in the sun
all sensors will be at 0 state.so logic will read 000000
the ac will start cooling.

this is how a simple system in cars should work.but maufacturers can use more complex systems that monitor,outside temp,
humidity,air speed,no of occupants etc etc... and a 100 other parameters to make the climate control system better(like in Mercs and other high end cars).but such a system will
require more effort and money in designing if not in manufacturing,because logic circuits are cheaper to manufacture and their cost is not proportional to complexity.
but i am sure even the swift must have another sensor which reads the temp and check wether it is right to cool or no in the first place or heating is necessary.i think
one should not want to cool the car futher if the car is already at 2 degrees C(in winter especially in the North).i know this explanation is complex but i cannot make it any simpler.
Old 26th July 2005, 11:48   #48
BHPian

hey man nice write up, good job it helped me a lot!
Old 26th July 2005, 12:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
one should not want to cool the car futher if the car is already at 2 degrees C(in winter especially in the North).i know this explanation is complex but i cannot make it any simpler.
Spot-on, mate. Bravo
Old 13th October 2009, 17:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but do they have some sort of support phone number ? a colleague had a clutch changed during his warranty period at his cost, at a " maruti authorized workshop" and is yet to recieve a refund
Old 13th October 2009, 18:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Support number is:

1800 1800 180 (works from cell).

I got my clutch changed under warranty, nothing had to be paid upfront.
Old 17th October 2009, 12:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

I had sent several mails to the customer service regarding delay in my delivery of the swift that I had booked. Even after a week, they had no update or reply. I finally cancelled my booking.

Given my experience, I don't think maruti is par excellence either in pre-sales or in the service departments.
Old 19th October 2009, 23:20   #53
BHPian

According to my experience the last two services (4th and 5th - paid services) were too bad and costed me Rs: 4500 and Rs: 3800 (Initial quote was Rs: 6200) respectively for normal service (first service they changed coolant and gearoil apart from engine oil, Second service only the engine oil changed and i omitted wheel alignment, oil flushing etc). The cost of my Baleno spares are also on the higher side. Apart from all this i have to complaint to maruti regarding the fan belt squeeking sound which was not at all attended by during service even after pointing out the same during vehicle pick up. The tyre pressure was too low after rotation. Spare tyre space not cleaned after tyre rotation. air filter not cleaned. So currently maruti service rates are very near to skoda, toyota range.
Old 19th October 2009, 23:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
According to my experience the last two services (4th and 5th - paid services) were too bad and costed me Rs: 4500 and Rs: 3800 (Initial quote was Rs: 6200) respectively for normal service (first service they changed coolant and gearoil apart from engine oil, Second service only the engine oil changed and i omitted wheel alignment, oil flushing etc). The cost of my Baleno spares are also on the higher side. Apart from all this i have to complaint to maruti regarding the fan belt squeeking sound which was not at all attended by during service even after pointing out the same during vehicle pick up. The tyre pressure was too low after rotation. Spare tyre space not cleaned after tyre rotation. air filter not cleaned. So currently maruti service rates are very near to skoda, toyota range.
Maruti's strength of A.S.S among the public is only a Myth!?

My 2nd service cost for my Fiesta was only 1100/- after all the regualar oil changes/wash! Hmm!
Old 20th October 2009, 13:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

3800 for engine oil change + normal service is way too high.

Complain to maruti about it.
Old 20th October 2009, 22:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Maruti's strength of A.S.S among the public is only a Myth!?
MASS is really in a bad shape from my experience.Since Maruthi cars are almost trouble free,so they escape without much damage.They usually (personal experience) don't check anything during the free service.Dont even bother to wash the car.

But when we take a NHC for service at HASS they do follow a check list.They also make sure to check anything we specifically asked for.In the last 5 years we never had a bad experience at HASS.So even if the service interval is at 5000 km and at about Rs:800/-(excluding oil)- its ok.
Old 21st October 2009, 18:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Adding to this they didn't check the checklist against each service in the owners manual. But they checked the same for free service. When asked about this the reply was that all the work details are available in their system. So no need to worry.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

When I used to visit the Maruti asc , they were usually not interested in solving the problems I had ( hard gear shift etc ). I remember some of my complaints on the job card were completely ignored.

Instead, they used to make to make suggestions that were of no use to me and from which they could make a quick buck ( brake bleeding, even when the brake was fine , check the door for rattles, when there were none , engine decarb at 25K , etc ).

On the contrary, my local mechanic was a lot more honest and used to suggest stuff that was only necessary.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 21st October 2009 at 19:42.
Old 26th April 2015, 11:51   #59
BHPian

Seems Maruti no longer wish to receive complaints from their authorized service stations. Recently had a bad experience from High-Tech garage, uloor, Trivandrum, which is a MASS. But when checked their website and call centre, it seems that the CRM software is designed in such a way that only complaints from dealer workshops can be registered there. Is there any way to contact Maruti customer care? I sent a mail to contact@maruti.co.in, but it also did not give a response.

Most Viewed