Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2005, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
Plan B suggested, drive the Petra same engine....

Will anyone buy without a test drive?? I must give them credit. They called me several times to ask my decision.

If only FIAT would learn.....
It is precisely for this reason I did not buy a 1.4 corsa sail. when I went to garuda for a test drive, they asked me to test 1.4 corsa sedan for the engine and 1.6 corsa sail for the hatchback, but they had no car to testdrive the combination i was looking for. i didn't feel comfortable enough to buy a car without testdriving it and decided against buyint it.
Old 25th July 2005, 17:22   #17
BHPian

Compare this to Maruti.

When i called the Bangalore dealer (Bimal) to enquire abt Baleno price ( i did not even ask for a test drive) the sales guy was in my home the next morning (of course after giving me a call and asking if it was ok to come) with a Baleno for a test drive. He had also got along all sales brochures / emi details etc.

When i enquired with pratham (another dealer, to get a better price) he too got over a car to my house for test drive. Then my dad wanted to drive before finalizing so the pratham guy came over again.

Other dealers to whom i had gone for a test drive wud tell to turn back after driving for 2-3 kms. The Maruti guy said " we can go wherever you like"

Thats service !!.

Any Fiat experiences, anybody ??
Old 25th July 2005, 17:29   #18
BANNED

Not my experience

Quote:
I don't think it would work for FIAT. About 3 weeks back I went to the Bangalore dealer (Sundaram) and asked for a test ride. They said no demo car available.

They said it is proven car why do you need to test drive?

Plan B suggested, drive the Petra same engine....

Will anyone buy without a test drive?? I must give them credit. They called me several times to ask my decision.

If only FIAT would learn.....

Last week, I forced my friend to have a test drive of Petra. He had decided to have a test ride on SWIFT also same day & maruti guy said he will come with car by 7pm for a SWIFT ride.

In the meanwhile, I called TVS Koramangala by 5pm & asked whether it wud be possible to have a test ride today or by atleast tomorrow..to my surprise, Mr Imtiaz said that he will come with a Petra 1.6 with in half hour.

Imitiaz was there with a blue petra by 6pm..& we took a test ride..my friend was quite surprised by the power of Petra. He said its way ahead of Baleno in handling & braking.

We finished test ride & came to office by 6.45pm waiting for a SWIFT ride.

But Guess what, the old FIAT symptom has spread to Maruti also..SWIFT guy did not even call up for next two days!..then after that when we told on 3rd day that if u dont come by 5pm..forget about test ride..then only he came with a SWIFT. My buddy was impressed with power but he said it is a let down in interior space.

In summary, FIAT is changing to better attittude while Maruti is going old FIAT way
Old 25th July 2005, 17:37   #19
BHPian

@hasopi

Do the Koramangla guys have an Adventure for test drive? Do you have their phone numbers?
Old 25th July 2005, 17:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

ritik123, it many times depends on dealer that manufacturer. Sometimes, Maruti dealer will be responsive, at other times, it would a Hyundai or Fiat dealer.
Old 25th July 2005, 17:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

as I had posted in another thread .. FIAT at kolkata too keeps chasing me to give me a Petra test drive .. just because I dropped in one day to enquire about it ..

So it does seem to be more of a dealer problem than a company problem.

I have experienced the A.S.S of 2 Tata dealers here .. one of them is a pretty new setup .. they are miles ahead in service quality and customer handling than the old one ..

Same for Maruti .. marked difference between different dealers .. although overall they DO have more arrogance than the other companies ..

A.S.S, IMO will only be as good as the dealer ..
Old 25th July 2005, 17:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

no manufacturer cant muscle out Maruti ..it cannot be done ..indians cannot be convinced that they will be equally satisfied with a non maruti..
they must work on grabbing hyundais market share which is 2nd to Maruti..maybe the Punto will work...
Old 25th July 2005, 17:59   #23
BHPian

fiat india called me 2 days ago to inquire about my car's performance, my experience with anuroop and my satisfaction level. that is speaking a lot - a personal call from fiat india - from a guy named sheetal.

i wonder why the heck these guys haven't introduced the adventure in the 1.9L diesel engine yet? what's wrong with them???
Old 25th July 2005, 18:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Pre-sales experience:
----------------------------------------------

Dealer: Sundaram Motors Koramangala, Bangalore.

I and my wife went to take a look at Palio/Petra on a sunday to the showroom. We had a look at the brochures and also got enough information on whatever we had asked. I had specifically asked about the safety aspect and I got a brochure regarding the same. I had asked for spare part comparison and I got that too. But, alas! There were no cars available for test drive as Sundaram shuffles the test cars b'ween its offices at Jayamahal extension and Koramangala. I asked them to give me a call whenever a car is available for test drive. The salesperson promptly gave me a call a day in advance and asked me to come at an appointed time. I went and had a longish test drive of Palio 1.2. He asked me whether I wanted to have a testdrive of Sienna too (at that time, it was still not called Petra). I was not interested in driving it because I had no intention of buying it [I could not afford that]. I also took a testdrive of Palio dsl.

I went another day along with my friend and took another test drive. My father too accompanied me this time.

Then I made up my mind to go for Palio and the deal was smooth, except for the fact that Sundaram did not give me any discount apart from the corporate discount. Needless to say, my friend also went for Palio.

Aftersales Services:
------------------------------------

Sundaram Service Center is somewhere in Rajajinagar and it takes a whole day for us to drive down there for servicing. So, I have thrice availed of their pick up and drop service. All the three times, they were dot on time to my office at Richmond Road from where they picked up the car. First two services, they returned the car to me the same day, but for the thrid service, they took a day more. Here I found that they were not good at co-ordinating the delivery timings properly. But what the heck? They have taken care of all the problems that I had reported and the car has come back better than when it went in all the three times. All in all, I haven't had a chance to complain about them, except for the glitch in delivering the car to me at the appointed time during the thrid service. But, I believe this is a small error which I am willing to overlook. However, I believe others who are using Sundaram are not happy with their service.

This is what I have found so far.
Old 25th July 2005, 18:30   #25
BANNED

here it goes

Quote:
@hasopi

Do the Koramangla guys have an Adventure for test drive? Do you have their phone numbers?
Mr.Ram Tilak:9844312024: Mr.Imtiaz :9845427181: S.Srinivasan: 36858882. Land line Numbers: 25520772/786/795)

Imitiaz..he is a nice chap..keeps his word.
Old 25th July 2005, 19:40   #26
BHPian

My folks have owned an adventure for the past 2 year s- it's a great car and perfect for our scarred roads and nonexistent highways .... so all you weekend warriors, give it a chance.

zaphod
Old 25th July 2005, 20:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it would work for FIAT. About 3 weeks back I went to the Bangalore dealer (Sundaram) and asked for a test ride. They said no demo car available.

They said it is proven car why do you need to test drive? .
Wow! thats the lamest comment I have heard in a long time. Even if it wasnt proven, how the hell will you know in a 15 min test drive.
This is what happens when you take a saabun salesman and put him in a car dealership to save a few bucks.
Old 25th July 2005, 21:58   #28
BHPian

I think Fiat should Turbo chrage their diesel engine... Why will anyone pay an extra lakh for just 10bhp more than Tata Indica... Just imagine a 80-90bhp Fiat palio diesel... If performance is good the sales with rise by word of mouth like what happened with Skoda...

Not everyone like Team-bhp thinks about quality... they want to see figures,performance.... It should feel far superior in the first test drive to justify the extra lakh...
Old 25th July 2005, 23:34   #29
BHPian

as luck would have it, I spotted similar advt. board in Hyderabad too, I am looking forward to more proactive Fiat before I make up my mind for Adventure Sports..!!

Any feedback on Adventure Sports???
Old 26th July 2005, 00:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Turbo - Carging does seem like a good Idea for the Petra.
For the palio however they should just launch the 1.7lt turbocharged engine for 75K less with the 1.9TD as a Sports option like in the case of the petrol Palios - 1.2 as regualr and 1.6 as Sports.
What say guys?
Hopefully we will see their website soon and some more ads for their other vehicles like the petra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks