Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2005, 01:52   #31
BHPian

I am in discussion with their regional manager for a corporate deal for my company, and I am glad that atleast they are back in action - advt in hyderabad. I am hoping they show some more sign of life before I sign on dotted lines for Adventure sports.

What do you guys think of Adventure sports as car? No ASS review pls, we have been through with it enough and we know there is lot more to be done by Fiat.
Old 26th July 2005, 02:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Since this is offtopic,
i would reccommend you read the petra vs Baleno topic.
The Adventure is just a estate version of the Petra and a much better car then the Indigo, Baleno.
Reasons for which i would advise you start a topic in the whatcar section.
Old 26th July 2005, 10:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
Any Fiat experiences, anybody ??
One experience here - this was around 3 years back though.

i wanted to upgrade from the santro - i asked for a test drive of the palio 1.6 gtx. the sales rep was at my home at the appointed hour with the palio of the dealership owner ( reg no 911 ). i initially refused to have a TD of a used car (12000 kms on the odo) ..the guy promised to get a proper TD car later...so i said might as well TD the car. so i took off towards vashi , asked the rep if it was a problem if i drove to vashi he said no.....so after a 30 min TD i was satisfied. the guy had all brochures and data with him. and he was well versed . explaining everything quite satisfactorily. next morning he lands up at my office with a proper test drive car ..a spanking new 1.6 gtx ps ...again a 40 min TD followed and i decided on the palio as the car i was gonna buy but fate intervened and i became the owner of an ikon 1.6.

sorry for rambling..but i had to share this ....and even after 2 years when my bro got a S10 - both the dealers offered substantial TD's and were very helpful.

cheers
Old 26th July 2005, 11:46   #34
DRC
BHPian

Yep, I too saw these...
I have a petra, I have one ad near my home and one near office...

Will it be any time "sarvum Fiat mayam"!
Old 26th July 2005, 12:28   #35
BHPian

Little offtopic, check fiat.com, there is no mention of india...no listing of india in country list
Old 26th July 2005, 12:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme
Little offtopic, check fiat.com, there is no mention of india...no listing of india in country list
fiat.com caters international visitors. Its a top-level, abstract site with general info. If you want more specific info (of fiat products) of your country, you can select-and-go to that country-specific site.

Since fiat-india.com is down for nearly 9 months, there is no point of giving an option to the visitors from India in fiat.com. Hence, the removal of "India" from that list.
Old 26th July 2005, 12:53   #37
BHPian

Just shows Fiat's commitment to India.

How will fiat maintain YOUR car when they cant even maintain THEIR own website??
Old 26th July 2005, 13:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just shows Fiat's commitment to India.How will fiat maintain YOUR car when they cant even maintain THEIR own website??
Ritik, I am sorry but you are taking it rather personal. We know you drive Baleno and you love that car (I like it too). But, can you keep your Fiat hatred aside for a moment? You wanted some experiences on dealers. N_C and Deepakhon provided +ve feedback. Now, you have turned to website issue, which is being chewn for long. The website is down, for whatever stupid reason, for last 9 months, and still no one complained in last 9 months that their car is not maintained.
Old 26th July 2005, 14:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just shows Fiat's commitment to India.
How will fiat maintain YOUR car when they cant even maintain THEIR own website??
There was talk in these forums about putting up an UNofficial web site for Fiat India. FYI, the URLs like fiat-india.net and fiatindia.net / org are all available. Even this factor - that the URLs like these are still available- is not a good omen for Fiat India.

Try marutisuzukiswift.com; Its gone already.

I am not a hardcore fan of Fiat, though I travel - and appreciate- the Palio GTX (my friend owns one) on a daily-basis. Here, I have seen many fiat fans who point out the positive sides of Fiat cars like its inherent saftey features;

But you can also see numerous other fiat "fans" posting like "1.6 is a rocket, never try to chase with one". We are not getting any new info or advice or opinion from reading posts like these.

Gentlemen, Please point your guns at Fiat India, and not at your brothers who own other cars. Even the "new" Ambassador Avigo has its own advantages.

No insult or pun intended.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th July 2005 at 14:17.
Old 26th July 2005, 14:12   #40
BHPian

Hey RX135 & others,

Sorry if I hurt any feelings....that was never the intent.

But having bad experiences with both a Premier Padmini (all said and done that's a Fiat) and a 118 NE (not a fiat, but same guys are now fiat dealers), I just cant seem to get over it.

Anyways point taken..
Old 26th July 2005, 14:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

i think there is some reason for Fiat not to bring the website up.i think they are surely waiting for something.otherwise what money does it take to put up a non-comercial website.max 5000 rs.even the most bankrupt firm can cough up that much.FYI 90% of the people in india dont bother to read up on what car they are buying,because if they did Fiat Palio would be the bestselling car in India,each and every written material in auto mags or even news papers or even websites have written positively about it.

and i think it is hardcore Hyundai and baleno fans who come and mess up Fiat threads turning them into arguments.what is the use of bringing delearship,speed,website issues on a thread which just tells that Fiat is trying to regain lost ground
Old 26th July 2005, 14:26   #42
BANNED

I was told

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
i think there is some reason for Fiat not to bring the website up.i think they are surely waiting for something.otherwise what money does it take to put up a non-comercial website.max 5000 rs.even the most bankrupt firm can cough up that much.FYI 90% of the people in india dont bother to read up on what car they are buying,because if they did Fiat Palio would be the bestselling car in India,each and every written material in auto mags or even news papers or even websites have written positively about it.

and i think it is hardcore Hyundai and baleno fans who come and mess up Fiat threads turning them into arguments.what is the use of bringing delearship,speed,website issues on a thread which just tells that Fiat is trying to regain lost ground
by TVS Koramangala that FIAT is still trying to strike a deal with HINDUJA group (to infuse some 300 crores for dealership & ASS & marketing).hence they do not want to stage a site now & again change it in very near future.

They have started putting hoardings in Metros (FIAT ad..& not dealer ads).
Old 26th July 2005, 14:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But having bad experiences with both a Premier Padmini (all said and done that's a Fiat) and a 118 NE (not a fiat, but same guys are now fiat dealers), I just cant seem to get over it.
No hard feelings, sir! You do qualify as Fiat owner But I really think that Fiat quality is defnitely far superior to PAL quality. They used to say that, take delivery of a Premier Padmini from show room and take it straight to your garage. Why? To fit all loose nut and bolts. Situation is far better with Fiat.
Old 27th July 2005, 08:02   #44
BHPian

Fiat is back

Good news to all fiat lovers - I saw advt of Fiat Adventure in last page of TOI, Hyderabad edition.

Also spotted the toll-free helpline support line for Fiat called "V Care"

Way to go Fiat, hopefully website is not too far

I am impressed with the way things are going so far..!!!
Old 27th July 2005, 08:09   #45
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5399

my long term review of the adventure 1.6

hope it helps in converting some more buyers for this great car

zaphod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks