Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2005, 13:30   #46
BANNED

Where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
Good news to all fiat lovers - I saw advt of Fiat Adventure in last page of TOI, Hyderabad edition.

Also spotted the toll-free helpline support line for Fiat called "V Care"

Way to go Fiat, hopefully website is not too far

I am impressed with the way things are going so far..!!!

There were some hardcore ANTI-FIAT guys..where are they? Are they hiding somewhere?
Old 27th July 2005, 19:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
There were some hardcore ANTI-FIAT guys..where are they? Are they hiding somewhere?

I saw them test driving a FIAT !!!
Old 28th July 2005, 12:46   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey,
Where's Steeroid and the other jing bang of Anti Fiat people?
Looks like everytime that Fiat does something right they dissapear and if they do something wrong (no matter how irrelevant), the magically appear.
Man,
A Fiat thread is no fun without them.
Sriny_Blr, congrats on becoming a BHPian.
Old 28th July 2005, 12:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Lambo,

Let us not forget that Steer is more sensible among anti-fiat guys and his hardcore anti-fiat stance is more often a reaction to "God sent Palio" type Fiat worship. He has owned a Fiat previously (Alfa-Romeo) and was really pissed off with it.

BTW, he is on vacation and hence you will see far less posts from him these days.
Old 28th July 2005, 15:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Lambo, I can see that you are only 15 (based on your profile) and I think its not a very prudent idea challenging a man like Steeroid. I don’t know him personally, but (based on his posts) I can see that he is a man who has seen places, people and life. (and of course, cars too).

Scroll down a bit and you can see merve_extream advising me "FYI 90% of the people in india dont bother to read up on what car they are buying, because if they did Fiat Palio would be the bestselling car in India".

I didn't replied to that post because:
A. Fiat India launched Uno in 1997 (1996 ?) and 25,000 people made bookings for that. I was one of them. We all know how many cars they actually sold.
B. Indians are generally not that dumb. That’s why 25,000 bookings were made.
C. Merve_extream was aged 12 at that time (again, based on his profile).

After that fiasco, people simply ignored -and continues to ignore till this day- all subsequent launches, promises and offers made by Fiat.

I am NOT one of them. I am keenly watching Fiat India. Really. NOT because the Palio 1.6 GTX, but because someone will turn them around (no doubt about that, its only a matter of when and not how) and that person is going to be our next Narayana Moorthi. You see, we need a couple of more sectors like IT to attain and sustain double-digit growth. Autos can be one of them...

I also appreciate Fiat fans like Deepakhon (who always points out the safety aspect of their cars.).

Young friends Lambo and Merve, please read the book Made in Japan by Akio Morita, the late president of Sony. Then take a look at Fiat India. Read the book again, if you are confused.

In any case keep the fighting spirit intact; as a nation India really need fighters, fiat or not.
Old 28th July 2005, 15:32   #51
BHPian

Fiat Adventure trully awesome car. There is big hoarding in Chennai too. I own a Palio 1.2 and recently got a chance to drive GTX. Wow, what a engine.

I won't blame ANTI-FIAT guys, either they would have got thoroughly ripped by poor service by FIAT or they wouldn't have driven any FIAT cars (sheer ignorance).
Old 28th July 2005, 18:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,
Looks like everytime that Fiat does something right they dissapear and if they do something wrong (no matter how irrelevant), the magically appear.
Man,
*** DELETED CONTENTS BECAUSE THE EDITED POST WAS APPEARING AS TWO SEPARATE POSTS ***

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th July 2005 at 18:29.
Old 28th July 2005, 18:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,
Man,
Lambo

Check out the thread that goes something like "at what age did you learn to drive" or some **** like that... I was fooling around on a Fiat 124 (which came to India as the 118NE around the time you were born or even earlier) when you were still non existant. I learnt to drive on a Padmini when I was in uniform and you were in liquid form. Therefore I will tolerate (for the time being, at least) the 'anti fiat' label with some amount of bemusement. However, I cannot guarantee such tolerance at all times.

I wonder what Fiat has done right now, though? Did they get some press because they released more ads?

To be quite frank, the Fiat threads are becoming quite a pain these days. I mean, how long can you keep debating the same **** all the time? Its also becoming increasingly difficult to sift through all these Fiat threads peppering the site to get at some posts of relevence. Looks like we have a thread every time Fiat puts out an ad in the news paper or re-re-releases the same cars at a lower price. You chaps may be infatuated by the car, but I surely am not. Yaaaaawwwnnn!

Besides, I'm busy trying to get hold of a 'CRDx Safari' for a test drive...

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th July 2005 at 18:18.
Old 28th July 2005, 20:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,
Man,
Thanks Lamborghini
Old 28th July 2005, 20:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

So much trust in an Italian company that is yet to make its mark in India????

Would tata or mahindras be having the same kinda following??
Old 28th July 2005, 20:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
So much trust in an Italian company that is yet to make its mark in India????Would tata or mahindras be having the same kinda following??
Talking of making a mark, Fiat did it with both sides. With poor marketing and A/S/S on negative side, and by launching fantastic cars on positive side. I believe, Tata and Mahindra also have some following, but may not be as much passionate about their cars.
Old 28th July 2005, 21:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Tata and Mahindra also have some following, but may not be as much passionate about their cars.
There are buddy...GTO just adores his mahindra jeep, from what i read from previous posts.
Old 29th July 2005, 02:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

I miss my Fiat Palio S10 :(
Old 29th July 2005, 07:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
So much trust in an Italian company that is yet to make its mark in India????
errrrrr....fiat has been in india for ages...it is just that they went dormant for some time........
Old 29th July 2005, 08:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Dormant looks like a nice word for Fiat it seems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks