Old 12th October 2009, 13:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options

Ex showroom price: Rs 59,00,000
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-dsc03471.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 14:14   #2
BHPian

59 Lakhs looks bit high for me,but the car is a real head tuner!
Old 12th October 2009, 17:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
59 Lakhs looks bit high for me,but the car is a real head tuner!
Its rival, the SLK 350 is priced a cool Rs. 7 lakh more for the base trim.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

350Z will probably come in for half that much. AudiTT is also much cheaper.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was watching how the Z4 is produced in the BMW fctory in the US - and was thinking- hmm, i should buy me one of these cars!
Old 12th October 2009, 20:52   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if I'm a fan of this model but I'm a big fan of that engine! 306bhp ,400nm torque,twin turbo!!
Old 12th October 2009, 20:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

@sahil... is it twin turbo? R u sure? I think its a naturally aspirated straight six
Old 13th October 2009, 00:38   #8
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I got a lift in one, once! It was low!

getting out was like doing a push-up!

Not worth the price in India at least! In the west it's anyways cheaper!
Old 13th October 2009, 08:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@sahil... is it twin turbo? R u sure? I think its a naturally aspirated straight six
There are 3 engine choices in the Z4.

The one sold in India is the top end 35i. So VFM comparisons have to be made accordingly

Quote:
sDrive23i -2,497 cc I6 201 hp @6400 250 N·m @2750

sDrive30i -2,996 cc I6 254 hp @6600 310 N·m (230 lb·ft)@2600

sDrive35i -2,979 cc I6 twin turbo 302 hp@5800 400 N·m @1300-5000
Old 13th October 2009, 09:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sid:The scoopmaster is back.

Few pics of Z4.Courtesy Google.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-image1s.jpeg  

BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-images.jpeg  

BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-images2.jpeg  

BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-images3.jpeg  

BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-images4.jpeg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Ramsagar : 13th October 2009 at 09:32.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:49   #11
BHPian

My dream car everything about the car is sexy and the blue is mindblowing !!,maybe not a pratical options in india esp. convertible .
Old 13th October 2009, 10:51   #12
BHPian

A very nice video of the Z4
Old 13th October 2009, 11:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

I too had the invitation for the lauch, but due to some personal difficulties I couldn't make it. Anyhow here is the press release & photos send by BMW India.

Press Release:

BMW makes its debut in the roadster segment in India with the launch of the new BMW Z4.

Modern, Emotional, Authentic. The new BMW Z4 offers a pure driving experience that sets the pulse racing, resulting in an unforgettable roadster experience that none of its rivals can match.

Mumbai -
The BMW Z4 Roadster was unveiled today at the India Couture Week in Mumbai. The new BMW Z4 represents the re-birth of the roadster – powerful and stylish with a modern interpretation. It is the only vehicle in this segment to combine classic roadster proportions with a seating position close to the rear axle, rear-wheel drive and a fully-automatic retractable hardtop. Driving with the roof down, this two-seater offers a refreshingly intense experience of the sunshine and the wind rushing by – and driving with the hardtop closed, it provides all the comfort of a Premium Sports Coupé. The appeal of this twoseater lies in its unique combination of elegance, agility, and supreme comfort.

The new BMW Z4 will be available in the petrol variant – BMW Z4 sDrive35i – and will be available across India at an ex-showroom price of INR 59,00,000 (Ex-showroom price excludes RTO registration charges, tax, insurance, handling charges; Octroi and entry tax if applicable).

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Peter Kronschnabl, President, BMW India said, “The BMW Z4 outlines an expression of joy which epitomizes the qualities of the BMW brand by combining the ultimate driving experience with maximum sporting potential and distinctive design. More than anything the new BMW Z4 is an expression of sheer driving pleasure. With the new BMW Z4, we want to reach out to new target groups in India who appreciate a pure driving experience, high standards of elegance and value, and suitability for everyday driving and comfort.”

Superior style, sophistication and quality, the new BMW Z4 will be available in a range of six paint finishes (Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Deep Sea Blue, Orion Silver, Space Grey, and Titanium Silver) and three upholstery designs (Leather Kansas Black, Leather Kansas Canberra Beige, and Leather Kansas, Coral Red).

The new BMW Z4 also comes with the optional Design Pure White package, that features the finest Nappa leather in Ivory White and door inserts in Alcantara. In addition to the six standard exterior colours, Havanna Brown paintwork is also available exclusively in conjunction with the Design Pure White trim, which brings the unique character of the new BMW Z4 Roadster to the fore.

The new BMW Z4

The contemporary styling of the new BMW Z4 Roadster, with its flattened, athletic-looking rear, wide track and flared wheel arches ensures the car is immediately recognizable on the road, and emphasizes its power. The long bonnet slopes slightly downwards to the upright kidney grille, giving it a dynamic sense of purpose even when stationary. The styling of the new BMW Z4 Roadster is a visual expression of what the car is capable of – which is just how a roadster should be.

With a long bonnet, low, set-back seating position and low belt line, the new BMW Z4 is the only car to combine classic roadster proportions with a
retractable hardtop. When the roof is up, its coupé-style lines and the unmistakable BMW Hofmeister kink give the new BMW Z4 Roadster an elegant look. When it is down, the hardtop integrates seamlessly into the flattened, gently sloping rear, so you’d hardly know it’s even there. The two-part retractable roof features a lightweight, aluminium shell design, and opens and closes in approximately 20 seconds.

The six-cylinder in-line petrol engine has a capacity of three litres, and features Twin Turbo technology, High Precision Injection and an all-aluminium crankcase.

The BMW Z4 sDrive35i has a newly developed seven-speed sports automatic transmission, featuring double-clutch technology with which it accelerates to 100 km/h within just 5.1 seconds with a maximum output of 225 kW/306 hp at 5,800 rpm. This supreme performance then continues all the way to 250 km/h where the speed of the car is limited by electronic control.

The new BMW Z4 is the only vehicle on the market today that fully embodies the roadster concept while offering strikingly stylish design. The BMW Z4 has succeeded in delivering an unheard-of level of comfort and functionality for a vehicle of this class, creating a dream car that combines a high level of practicality with a driving experience which no competitor even comes close to.

Source: BMW India
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Z4-Price, specifications, equipment, colours, options-z4-launch-peter-kronschnabl-1.jpg  

Last edited by hanmust : 13th October 2009 at 11:43.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:30   #14
BHPian

Car is priced at £37,925 in UK. URL: 6 BMW Z4 car specifications - BBC Top Gear

Converting this to INR at at 74Rs Pound it translates to 28 Lakhs. Adding 100% import duty it is 56L. Pretty much on ballpark.

Off-topic: I don't understand how Nissan is able to sell X-Trail (SLX MT) - £20539 (UK) - 23Lakhs in India. That vehicle should be priced 30 Lakhs. Similarly even CRV is very well priced the 2.0L engine is at £18290. Do these come from Thailand?
Old 13th October 2009, 12:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Car is priced at £37,925 in UK. URL: 6 BMW Z4 car specifications - BBC Top Gear

Converting this to INR at at 74Rs Pound it translates to 28 Lakhs. Adding 100% import duty it is 56L. Pretty much on ballpark.

Off-topic: I don't understand how Nissan is able to sell X-Trail (SLX MT) - £20539 (UK) - 23Lakhs in India. That vehicle should be priced 30 Lakhs. Similarly even CRV is very well priced the 2.0L engine is at £18290. Do these come from Thailand?

Could be that they are overpriced in the UK itself which translates into a lower selling price in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks