Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 19:14   #1

Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!

Hello friends,
Today i spotted something unusual happening in my office. As i was leaving for the day i saw a car being unloaded from a 407. I couldn't resist myself and went to check it out. I saw pieces of car being unloaded. From the tail light i guessed it has to be a Tata, which was confirmed when i saw the front bumper. The car was totally dismantled, every possible part which can be dismantled was dismantled. Even radiator fan was removed Body arrived in two pieces. From the size of the two pieces it is evident that the car is a sedan. Built quality of body was excellent and the dash board plastic seemed to be good. However AC vents look outdated. The car also has a sunroof, finally. All the electrical/electronic components are visible. Headlights and tail lights are same as the current Indigo.

I took pics from Nokia N86 phone, great camera

Can you people guess which car it is?
Attached Thumbnails
Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!-1.jpg  

Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!-3.jpg  

Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!-4.jpg  

Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!-5.jpg  

Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!-6.jpg  

Completely dismantled Tata car: Tata Indigo!-7.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 20:47   #2
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furman View Post
Hello friends,
Today i spotted something unusual happening in my office. As i was leaving for the day i saw a car being unloaded from a 407. I couldn't resist myself and went to check it out. I saw pieces of car being unloaded. From the tail light i guessed it has to be a Tata, which was confirmed when i saw the front bumper. The car was totally dismantled, every possible part which can be dismantled was dismantled. Even radiator fan was removed Body arrived in two pieces. From the size of the two pieces it is evident that the car is a sedan. Built quality of body was excellent and the dash board plastic seemed to be good. However AC vents look outdated. The car also has a sunroof, finally. All the electrical/electronic components are visible. Headlights and tail lights are same as the current Indigo.

I guess that it is the Old Indigo
Old 13th October 2009, 20:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is the old 2003 indigo.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:00   #4
BHPian

Does a 2003 Model Indigo has a sun roof ,because i could see a cut in the roof part similar to sun roof.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

^exactly what i was wondering.how come a sunroof? you can also see the actual sunroof in the second pic at the right side.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:05   #6
BHPian

The rear part does indeed look like Indigo.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

most of these components are displayed at various auto shows and exhibitions by their respective suppliers, so it is the supplier that is getting his parts transported for some exhibition/ testing/ other work etc.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:24   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sudan_NFS : Does a 2003 Model Indigo has a sun roof ,because i could see a cut in the roof part similar to sun roof.
navpreet318 : ^exactly what i was wondering.how come a sunroof? you can also see the actual sunroof in the second pic at the right side.
That is not a sun-roof. Note the square corners of that cut-out. Also, this cut-out looks to be a little more closer to the front windshield than where a sun-roof would normally be.

It's not a Manza / Indicruz : the dash is the old design.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

I see Bosch stickering at a few places. Maybe a training tool for them of some sorts. Bosch are based in Blore, aren't they?
Old 13th October 2009, 21:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furman View Post
Hello friends,

I think it was dismantled for some trade show. The body has been fit on frame with wheels that can be easily moved around.

Did you ask them whats happening?
Old 13th October 2009, 22:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

and whats with all the electronics in the boot?

can the manza/indicruz reference be removed, since its obviously a ye olde indigo ?
Old 13th October 2009, 22:21   #12
BANNED

It is clearly visible that the car is old generation Indigo.
I can notice that "Demonstrator" is mentioned on the number plate of car, So it might be a demonstration vehicle for an engineering college etc.

Last edited by *VT* : 13th October 2009 at 22:22.
Old 13th October 2009, 23:27   #13
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
^exactly what i was wondering.how come a sunroof? you can also see the actual sunroof in the second pic at the right side.
No guess there. Cutting a hole in sheet metal is not a big deal. Gas cutting/ plasma cutting
Old 13th October 2009, 23:33   #14
BHPian

Hey I too saw this car piece loaded into these truck. Basiccaly the office is GHS in hosur road where the Bosch company have their office. I believe Bosch is doing some kind of work for TATA. Even in the basement they have a TATA testing car.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:42   #15
BHPian

Looks like TATA is upgrading it self and Bosch are going to be building the Body Control Module(BCM) for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks