Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2005, 17:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

i think the police were first beaten up by the mob when they tried to stop the procession on grounds of unlawful assembly after that the police were so enranged that the beat the hell out of all the strikers wether they had hit the police or not.who ever came in front was hit.
Old 26th July 2005, 17:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

From what I saw on Aaj Tak yesterday night. I dont think Police were at fault.
Old 26th July 2005, 17:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
But the tapes paint a very bad image of India.
Yes, yes! Indian police has grossly violated human rights and they all should be hanged to death. They should should not have lathi-charged on inncocent people. At the most, they should have found and chased a Brazilian down the underground metro and shoot him 5 times in the head at point blank range. That is perfectly legitimate.
Old 26th July 2005, 18:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Yes, yes! Indian police has grossly violated human rights and they all should be hanged to death. They should should not have lathi-charged on inncocent people. At the most, they should have found and chased a Brazilian down the underground metro and shoot him 5 times in the head at point blank range. That is perfectly legitimate.
I agree. If Indian police commit some attrocities, that gets a lot of attention, but US and UK can kill anybody in the name of security. They can even go to the extent of bombing a country where there was nothing left to bomb anyways.

But these views apart, whatever happened yesterday is pretty sad. By looking at the tapes, I could figure out that both the mob and police were beating each other badly, but I haven't the faintest idea who started the gruesome thing.
Old 26th July 2005, 22:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
At the most, they should have found and chased a Brazilian down the underground metro and shoot him 5 times in the head at point blank range. That is perfectly legitimate.
Well you know as the saying goes "Mad dogs and englishmen".
But i dont think that is the discussion here.
Maybe we can open a new thread on the london shooting and pour our ire there.
Old 26th July 2005, 22:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

our star performer today was the Aunty Ji in the Green suit running with the Laathi ..
damn she knocked the daylights out of that inspector...

i dont get it why are the people missing from the hospital ?
Old 26th July 2005, 22:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
our star performer today was the Aunty Ji in the Green suit running with the Laathi ..
Man you got to give her a medal for courage.
Imagine running against the same men who just a day or two ago, had beat the s**t out of hundreds of people.
I think it is good bye state government and early elections and congress will be shown the door.

Last edited by Conan : 26th July 2005 at 22:45.
Old 27th July 2005, 00:48   #23
BHPian

Nothing New from Delhi / Hariyana Police

Dear Fellow BHP Members ,

I was surprised to see why so much is being talked about the Police action . I mean any one who stays in Delhi or Gurgaun knows very well that the delhi police or Haryana Police do not need any excuse to hit people , and let alone when some of their own are hit by the same people who pay their salaries . I mean if i still remember the police is ment to serve and protect the citizens of INDIA right ?

The basic problem is that we need to hire better educated people in the police and at the same time provide them with better salaries and living and working conditions at the same time .

The fault does not lie with the police alone , its common Indian Mentality that might is right . anywhere in India where there a few hundred people out on a rally they feel they are untouchable or can do any thing and get away with it . At times they do and at times they dont , only this time they paid dearly for it. I mean breaking the LAW is not right . Please tell me if i am worng here . I am no saint and perhaps can only say what ever happenned can only be blamed on the education level of the lower level of our society and also the police and the political pressure what these people have to live under .
No amount of apologies either from the Prime Minister or Sonia Gandhi or who ever can reverse the situation.
The sad part is that it happenned again today .
well i hope it all ends soon
Cheetah signing out with a heavy heart ....
Old 27th July 2005, 07:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Fellow BHP Members ,

I was surprised to see why so much is being talked about the Police action . I mean any one who stays in Delhi or Gurgaun knows very well that the delhi police or Haryana Police do not need any excuse to hit people , and let alone when some of their own are hit by the same people who pay their salaries . I mean if i still remember the police is ment to serve and protect the citizens of INDIA right ?

The basic problem is that we need to hire better educated people in the police and at the same time provide them with better salaries and living and working conditions at the same time .

The fault does not lie with the police alone , its common Indian Mentality that might is right . anywhere in India where there a few hundred people out on a rally they feel they are untouchable or can do any thing and get away with it . At times they do and at times they dont , only this time they paid dearly for it. I mean breaking the LAW is not right . Please tell me if i am worng here . I am no saint and perhaps can only say what ever happenned can only be blamed on the education level of the lower level of our society and also the police and the political pressure what these people have to live under .
No amount of apologies either from the Prime Minister or Sonia Gandhi or who ever can reverse the situation.
The sad part is that it happenned again today .
well i hope it all ends soon
Cheetah signing out with a heavy heart ....
second that...

make the police more accountable, give them the same benefits as given to armed forces personnel but also demand the same level of fitness, abilities and discipline from them - and the same penalties for any transgressions. We have managed to keep our massive armed forces honourable and trustworthy - (though there have been some rather serious incidents in recent times) - so why can't we do it for the police ?

Everyone has at some time or the other experienced police harassment but what a middle class person has to endure - even hellish at times - is far better than what the poor have to endure silently.

It doesnt make sense giving senior officers lavish bungalows with a host of servants while the constables eke out a living which would be considered atrocious by any standards. Long shifts, no time to see your family, everyone hates you (well, it's partly their fault),
terrible barracks, bad or zero training, outdated equipment.....the list goes on.

or so called VIP's and their families and relatives being accorded such high security and treating an officer of the law like their personal servants.

hell, why would i want to hurt a politician if i was an enemy of the nation, only if i was a patriot would i consider knocking off a few damned netas - damned criminals and traitors to a man.

what about the holier than thou bureaucracy ? - retarding any possible good intention and idea out of sheer bloody mindedness and a feeling of superiority over the common man.

and this tendency of mobs getting away with whatever they please - enforcing bandhs, stopping traffic and trains has to stop - you try to stop a train, I dont care if you get run over, you try and start a riot - well, i hope the whole bloody lot of you gets shot - and not just with rubber, with lead. Tear Gas ? I hope they use Sarin or Tabun the next time.
Though unfortunately i have to admit that protesting peacefully has become the best way to be ignored in our country - violence seems the only way out to be heard.

anyway, let's see what role the commies play in this - they've always underminded India's best interests - remember 1962 and the commies blaming India for 'aggression' and 'their chairman is our chairman' kind of statements ? Now trying to stop India-Israel defence co-operation...and any kind of economic reform or cutting of red tape.

oh well, i suppose this stuff is better discussed on www.bharat-rakshak.com - members who haven't seen this great site, do check it out.

mabe it's time to give President Kalam a bigger say in the country's affairs - and not just uneducated criminals and thieves with their servile babus in tow.

zaphod
Old 27th July 2005, 09:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
damn she knocked the daylights out of that inspector...
yesterday night I was watching special show on Aaj Tak at 10PM
there it was told that the lady in Green suit had none of her relatives in Honda & had absolutly no reason being there
similarly out of some 300+ people arrested 40 people had no relation with Honda
so it is also assumed that some political parties are trying to make a big show out of it & some people (like lady in green suit) are coming just for their 3 min of fame in front of news cameras

Quote:
I mean if i still remember the police is ment to serve and protect the citizens of INDIA right ?
so you are saying that Police just sit there & welcome the protestors to act anyway they want? protest rallies are held world wide for various reasons & in developed countries they end in peace why? because unlike our country people don't throw stones for no reason.

Quote:
what ever happenned can only be blamed on the education level of the lower level of our society and also the police and the political pressure what these people have to live under .
whatever happened can only be blames on mentality of people & political parties taking advantage of it

& besides the 54 people people who were fired from Honda were fired due to some valid reason (can't remember) & there is no reason for people to go on strike
Old 27th July 2005, 10:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

i was watching the "full report" on one of the hindi news channels yday night and all it talked about was how "peaceful protestors" were mercilessly beaten up by the police. The channel interviewed a couple of workers, showed footage of police rounding up n beating workers. And wrapped up the coverage with the bottomline that the police should be made accountable and there is no one to take care of the workers and blah blah blah
switched to another news channel, this was an english one, and they showed a couple of policemen being beaten with lathis by a mob, some vehicles being overturned, burnt and the police retaliating with lathis, water cannons and tear gas. they asked the opinions of some top honchos at honda, mitsubishi etc... but didnt talk to a single worker.
Two news channels, same incident, two opposing images portrayed!
Most comic was the political parties trying to gain maximum leverage out of this whole thing.

But come to think of it, are the workers really being exploited, compared to 15 years back?

Also, is it still a wonder that IT MNCs still hesitate to open up shops in the northern part of the country? The country head of one of the companies i worked at earlier specifically said that the management in US doesnt see the northern part of the country stable enough to open an office there.

Jus a few musings to fill my wednesday morning.

Amitoj
PS: BTW, police brutality isnt specific to India only... US and now UK are also major players here. 5 bullets pumped into a "suspect"!
Old 27th July 2005, 11:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am really surprised after seeing (the front page of the Trivandrum edition) today's The Hindu daily. Approximately 80 per cent of the column-centimeter coverage is on Gurgaon. The picture of the green-suited lady is prominently splashed. Only some MARGINAL coverage about the flood situation in MH. The back page is also full of Gurgaon pics. Not only the reports, but even the cartoon is also against the MNCs.

India's industrial capital marooned ?, no big news. A couple of hundred of workers injured in police action ?, stop press....

Then I went for its Opportunities supplement. And approximately 90 percent of the front page is dominated by an ad by an MNC.

A classic example of today's left vision. Enjoying and taking leverage of liberalization in every sense, only to criticize it.

Let us never forget that Gandhiji started his campaign by boycotting imperial goods. Here netas are preaching about the new imperialism and holding Sony Ericsson P900 in one hand...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 27th July 2005 at 11:15.
Old 27th July 2005, 11:19   #28
BHPian

In kerala this is nothing new.Here people are suprised by the publicity one strike in gurgaon achieved.We are pretty used to burning govt vehicles :-| ,police beating up agitators,and vice versa ;-)
Old 27th July 2005, 11:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Saw about this in the news yesterday... man! it was an insane thing... people getting beaten up big time by the cops and vice versa. I dont blame the cops for their action at all... they were doing their duty, they just cant sit and watch a mob go wild.
Old 27th July 2005, 13:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sequence of events:

1500 workers march towards DC's office to protest.
SDM with 20 odd police force try to stop them and reason.
Mob gets furious and attacks, burn SDM's car beatup all policemen including senior officers.
Fear of mob blocking the National Highway, cops call in backup from all over the palce.
Face to face confrontation later in the afternoon where police beatup the mob to control their advances.
Out of 320 arrested 44 found not to be employees of HMSI
DSP convinced that the attack on police was a planned move by outsiders who infiltrated into protestors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks