Team-BHP - Which came first the Suzuki Ritz or Vauxhall Agila
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which came first the Suzuki Ritz or Vauxhall Agila (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/67383-came-first-suzuki-ritz-vauxhall-agila.html)

Hey Guys,

I was just browsing and stumbled upon Vauxhall's Agila website. Doesn't Agila looks like a replica of Ritz. My question is, which came first, is it Agila or Splash (Ritz)? I have attached couple of photos of Agila. Please have a look at photos.

They are the same cars. It's a tie up between Vauxhall/Opel and Suzuki.

It's similar to the tie up between Suzuki and Nissan for the A-star.

Quote:

Which came first the Suzuki Ritz or Vauxhall Agila
Suzuki Splash:D.

OT :
The Agila looks better.

Good find.
The rear is almost very much similar to the one on Splash/Ritz!
Maybe as vid6639 said, Its a tie up between Vauxhaul and Suzuki.

They are same cars. This is from a time when GM had a stake in Suzuki. Suzuki and GM has a long relationship. IIRC, even a small suzuki SUV was sold under chevy brand in US. Suzuki Ignis was sold as a holden product and this is not new. Even earlier generation Suzuki Wagon R was sold as Opel Agila.

This badge engineering is not new for Suzuki which has supplied a lot of small cars to nissan for Japanese market and still does so in case of A-star.

IMHO, Maruti can utilize the vauxhall looks for future ritz looks upgrade.

the agila looks so sexy. the splash came as a concept first. then came the agila and later the splash hit the road as a std. car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1530657)
They are same cars. This is from a time when GM had a stake in Suzuki. Suzuki and GM has a long relationship. IIRC, even a small suzuki SUV was sold under chevy brand in US. Suzuki Ignis was sold as a holden product and this is not new. Even earlier generation Suzuki Wagon R was sold as Opel Agila.

This badge engineering is not new for Suzuki which has supplied a lot of small cars to nissan for Japanese market and still does so in case of A-star.

IMHO, Maruti can utilize the vauxhall looks for future ritz looks upgrade.

Whats the full form of IIRC ??please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maglev (Post 1530828)
Whats the full form of IIRC ??please:

This is massively OT :D But then these often used acronyms on the board are already explained in the Announcements section. IIRC stands for If I Recall Correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1530657)
Even earlier generation Suzuki Wagon R was sold as Opel Agila.

Yeah, here in UK, Both Wagon-R, and Vauxhall Agila existed togather.
The same car, different brand name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2O (Post 1530841)
Yeah, here in UK, Both Wagon-R, and Vauxhall Agila existed togather.
The same car, different brand name.

I had also seen Maruti Zen sold as a Suzuki, very rarely seen on the roads though mostly driven. Don't remember seeing the Wagon-R brand though. It was always Agilla from Vauxhall.

What surprised me always is the ability to integrate an amazing front end to a rather ordinary looking car. Take a look at the current Corsas and Vectras. In fact, the styling evolution of the Vectras is a fantastic study in itself. Read here: Opel Vectra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Ritz' front end looks much better with a Vauxhall treatment.

BH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningHeart (Post 1530942)
Don't remember seeing the Wagon-R brand though. It was always Agilla from Vauxhall.

In the UK market, GM always sells products using the Vauxhall brand. So one will not see a Wagon R name. Agree Vauxhall Ritz Agila front view looks better that Suzuki Ritz.

Found this interesting Shoe design based on the Opel Agila/Ritz design.

Alex.

Opel Agila :D Post here

Oh both look bad. they look different from any other car design but then theres different good and different bad. this is bad. the shoe looks cool though:D

Now if only we could have cars like Agila which have engine and transmission from Suzuki and built quality from Opel, or Engine from Suzuki and built by Fiat as in case of SX4.