Team-BHP - Help with prices for secondhand palio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Help with prices for secondhand palio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6743-help-prices-secondhand-palio.html)

Could anyone help me with the approx prices for a 2003 Palio 1.2 in bangalore?
When did fiat stop making the GTX ? if it was available in 2003 i would appreciate it if someone could gimme the approx price of that too.

I'm hoping there is someone here with some knowledge of the secondhand market.

BTW, i was planning on a Swift VXi , but it seems maruti will deliver it 'promptly' in march 2006, well , well , since i din't need a car that 'promptly' i thought i'd go for a secondhand palio.

There are 3 different variants in 1.2 and 2 different variants in GTX. For the higher end versions, 2003 1.2 would cost you something around 2.3L & GTX would cost you around 3.5L.

The prices of the car can be derived only on physical verification of the car. The prices mentioned are very approximate market rates. Please search for post on " Points to be taken care before purchasing the second hand car".

I think there is a red one in Bangalore on sale on ebay.in

Quote:

For the higher end versions, 2003 1.2 would cost you something around 2.3L & GTX would cost you around 3.5L.
Either used car prices are really high in Chennai or you guys love the Palio down South!!

You find 1.6's in Mumbai all below the 2 lakh barrier and similar prices for 1.2's.

Thanx surprise ajmat and Rtech,
3.5 for a 2 yr old GTX is a little high i guess, but i asked around and 2.3 l for the 1.2 variants seems to be in the ballpark.
The red palio on ebay seems to have been sold, but there is a guy claiming that his palio is 4WD, am i missing something here or did palio at some point have 4WD ?, but then probably he just means all 4 wheels are intact :-D

Rtech, in bangalore logic does not work, there are too many people with too much money in thier pockets and too few grey cells to actually weigh a deal on it's merit.

I have an acquaintance who actually sells speakers at 2900 by advertising on admag. any fool who asked at any computer shop would get them for 2000. But he still has a huge market.

Personally checked two Jan 2003 Palio 1.6 GTXs in May. One retailing for 2.1 and the other for 2.25. Last heard, the 2.25 one sold for 2.1. Also saw a 1.6GTX in June, Sept 02 for 1.8. Could easily have gone for 1.6 given the condition.

I was looking around for a deal for my Zen VXi back then.. but backed off when i saw the GTXs and their condition. Most had AC problems (wonder why!) and had weak clutches and or brakes.

Here's a word of caution. No 1.6 GTXs were manufactured in 2003. I saw under the bonnet of both the Jan 03 GTXs that the engines had a manufacturing date of mid-2001. Whether its truly harmful in the long run is a question to be begged. Also, GTXs tyres don't last beyond 25000 kms in most cases, so check for changes.

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revvmaster

I was looking around for a deal for my Zen VXi back then.. but backed off when i saw the GTXs and their condition. Most had AC problems (wonder why!) and had weak clutches and or brakes.

Revv

Are these problem common to just GTX's or the 1.2 variants also go down the same lane ?
Could the palio owners shed a bit of light here ?

If the car is running on stock tires and the tires are worn out by 25k kms, then its because the car has been driven hard. You might want to stay away from such examples because not all such cars are well maintained.

Brakes are a bit mushy in the palio. It might feel to be weak at first impression. But that is how te brakes are. Stomp on the pedals and the car should stop in a hurry. It does in mine.

Ditto with clutch. Hard driving + excessive wheel spin antics could weaken the clutch. But definitely not a concern if the car has been driven for less than 40k kms.

Apart from this there might be some suspension noises due to worn bushes. But nothing major unless the car was treated very badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
You find 1.6's in Mumbai all below the 2 lakh barrier and similar prices for 1.2's.

Thanks for pointing this out. Sorry for giving misleading info. I was hunting for a Palio for my friend last year, just calculated some depreciation and took the price.

from paliousersindia yahoogroup

Make -2004 NOV
Reg -Karnataka (KA)
Model - Palio EL PS Diesel , Silver colour
Current OnRoad Price - 5.28 Lakhs
Add:Accessories- JVC Music System MX-621 (Total 18K) -
JVC Stereo with 12 CD changer ,JBL speakers (2+2)
- Seat cover (2K)
- Autocop
KM done - 8700 Km
Milage - 12 Kmpl city - 18 kmpl (highways)
Services - 2 Free service Done
Exp: Price- 4.5 Lakhs

Contct : 9845262250

Quote:

Model - Palio EL PS Diesel , Silver colour
Current OnRoad Price - 5.28 Lakhs
Isnt that the price of sport model?? EL PS is much lower than that i guess.

No EL PS is around that much.
I would advise you to come and buy the car from Mumbai where it is cheaper and you have the added pleasure of driving it down to Bangy.
That is what the guy who bought our Nexia did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
No EL PS is around that much.
I would advise you to come and buy the car from Mumbai where it is cheaper and you have the added pleasure of driving it down to Bangy.
That is what the guy who bought our Nexia did.

Thanx for the offer lambo, but i guess by now every palio in mumbai be waterlogged.

BTW any of our TeamBHP guys affected by the floods ? the pictures they show on the channels are pretty grim, wanted to know how it is at ground zero.

When was the Palio 1.2 NV launched ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemlock
Are these problem common to just GTX's or the 1.2 variants also go down the same lane ?
Could the palio owners shed a bit of light here ?

I am a proud owner of a GTX. I had done about 21000kms before upgrading my tyres and the original tyres were just fine and looked like they would last atleast 35000kms. The a/c is fine, just replaced the thermostat once. The brakes and clutch are not giving any problems. I have now done about 25000kms on the car. And I have enjoyed every bit of it.

A 2003 GTX should cost you around 2 lacs to 2.3 lacs and a 1.2 around 1.8 lacs.

BTW I bought mine used for 3.5 lacs in may '04. Its a oct '03 regd. car and had done only 5000 kms!!