Team-BHP - Price Map - 10/2009 - Maruti Suzuki
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Price Map - 10/2009 - Maruti Suzuki (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/67512-price-map-10-2009-maruti-suzuki.html)

Thought of preparing a Price Map of all car models (excluding a few) from Maruti Stable. Much care has been taken to give more-or-less accurate data.

This map should give you a one-shot idea about the models vs price. Check the attachment. It's a fairly large dimension image (240kb in size).

:)

- Rajesh Sundaram

Hey Rajesh, nice effort. It would be nicer if you could compare prices of cars in a certain segment rather than being manufacturer specific.

Rajesh, for sure it is a good effort. With this picture in my hand it is very easy for me to check the available cars in my range. If we have a similar one for different manufacturers it will be really helpful. Thanks for the effort.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, giving a broader scope with more manufacturers will definitely help. Will work on that and post the image here.

- Rajesh Sundaram

Brilliant work!
This is probably what Maruti did too! Create a chart, see the gaps and fill it with more models and names!
What is obvious are the overlaps.
You can also clearly see why some people instead of going for a high end wagonr (for example) will be tempted to go in for a basic Ritz etc.
Maruti will now magnify this image, see some gaps and slot in more new cars into these gaps!

The chart looks great and gives a ready reference for Maruti cars. The first thing I noticed are how the A-Star is positioned head to head against the Estillo and how the Ritz is also competing with Swift.

Why would someone now go for a swift with Ritz giving better engine and newer design? Maruti planning to phase out the swift and just produce swift dezire?

The MSIL website has a chart very similar to this. Although, IIRC it did not have info about all the models on offer.

Nice resource...

Cool,

Feedback1: Larger font
Feedback2: Depict Petrol and Diesel as seperate cars (Petrol Swift / Diesel Swift)
Feedback3: Add the other brands.

Great Job! Like GilHead mentioned, it would superb if we can come up with something like this accross manufacturers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bond_bhai (Post 1534933)
Great Job! Like GilHead mentioned, it would superb if we can come up with something like this accross manufacturers!

Yes. I am preparing a PDF now. PDF is better than an image (zoom in, clear printing etc). The work is going on. Will update once I finish the PDF.

- Rajesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram (Post 1534946)
Yes. I am preparing a PDF now. PDF is better than an image (zoom in, clear printing etc). The work is going on. Will update once I finish the PDF.

- Rajesh

Great effort - let me know if you need any help with the PDF...

Here is the first cut of the PDF. I will keep adding manufacturers one by one slowly. For now, Maruti and Hyundai has been captured.

A JPG and PDF is attached below.:)

- Rajesh

rajeshsundaram, great job.

In case you plan to improve, my do paisa ...

Have a dedicated column showing versions for each model at different price points.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Great job man, but more we add more clutter is what we are going to get. So instead of images Can we use words?

Brilliant effort. Kudos! Just thinking aloud, but could we also include an appendix mentioning the ARAI certified mileages someplace in this document. Maybe there's an even better way to portray those figures than an annexure / appendix - basically the idea is to make this paper as much of a car buyer ready-reckoner as possible.