Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 15:27   #61
BHPian

Its another Skoda blunder and we Indians have to face it. . I read in this thread that they accepted their fault in Russia, i would like to ask skoda what about India ? we need some answer from your side. If we keep quiet your pathetic Management will take us for granted forever.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Rohit..You will surely win the case but its a long and tedious process. Just go public. try to use the media and bring shame to Skoda. If it works then ask for a brand new vehicle or your money back. don't accept the keys of your repaired vehicle again. I think for a new product having so many troubles right from the day you bought it, means its totally jacked and you have all the rights to get a new vehicle.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th October 2009 at 16:50.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

From the way things are going on in the forum there would soon be a section dedicated to faulty Skoda cars.

I have loved the Skoda for their build quality and the Laura is a wonderful car to drive. Sad that they have tarnished their image this way. All this reading had made me blindly refuse to buy a Skoda anytime. Why pay so much and take a chance?
Old 16th October 2009, 17:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I remember during my very long TD of the superb, my dad commenting that the rear was not cooling. The sales guy put the ac on full blast and then also the rear pillar vents were not that effective. The cooling in front was acceptable but at the rear was pretty average. looks like lots of Superbs have this problem or it is a design issue.

Compared to that the Corolla Altis is a chiller room. Front or back in any kind of weather you freeze if the Ac is set to lowest temp. Always has to be 2 notches above lowest temp setting.
The AC is effective you just need to learn how to set it right, it is a bit complicated. I have an Altis too and I too was unhappy with the cooling the the Superb gave in comparision. However, now that I know the right settings in manual mode the cooling is i'd say 90% as good as the Altis if not equal. The reason why the Altis scores and also a reason why the rear passengers feel hot is because the Superbs cabin is huge! The key trick is always keep the outside air vents closed, the cooling increases greatly.
A clear example, on a hot summer afternoon I keep the Altis temp at 25c and Superb at 24c for equal comfort.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:23   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The AC is effective you just need to learn how to set it right, it is a bit complicated.
===========
A clear example, on a hot summer afternoon I keep the Altis temp at 25c and Superb at 24c for equal comfort.
I have to agree with Sahil here, the fully automatic system is not really ideally for our kind of driving conditions. Especially the outside air mode brings in hell lot of muck inside the car or clog the ac filters. Again smoke is another issue and i dont think even pollen filters are equipped to take care of our pollution.

On the other hand i would expect such things to be taken care in a 20 lakh + car.

I think we are digressing here, main issue is the gearbox failure. Which according to me is a potential disaster/accident in waiting.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:46   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
But did you know that "..." is a proper valid punctuation mark in English. Its known as the ellipsis. Ofcourse it needs to be used in the right context though.
I know my post is completely off topic... still :-)

Last edited by srikanths1 : 16th October 2009 at 17:51.
srikanths1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2009, 20:11   #67
BHPian

Oh my God. How can a company even stay in such a competitive market with such sub-standard products and above all be so lax about it. I have been reading so many complaints about the Skodas on this forum alone, God only knows how many more are not even on the net for everyone to read.
They might have a good product (driver's car, roomy cabin, nice accessories) but until unless they get their house in order I guess we must completely stop buying their products. I pity a company that is ruined by nincompoops running it's affairs.
Old 16th October 2009, 20:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have to agree with Sahil here, the fully automatic system is not really ideally for our kind of driving conditions. Especially the outside air mode brings in hell lot of muck inside the car or clog the ac filters. Again smoke is another issue and i dont think even pollen filters are equipped to take care of our pollution.

On the other hand i would expect such things to be taken care in a 20 lakh + car.

I think we are digressing here, main issue is the gearbox failure. Which according to me is a potential disaster/accident in waiting.
Problem could be more with the harsh sun which doesn't let the cabin cool uniformly. Honda had a GPS based system to locate the Sun and direct cool air in the right areas.
Old 17th October 2009, 05:53   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
. Especially the outside air mode brings in hell lot of muck inside the car or clog the ac filters. Again smoke is another issue and i dont think even pollen filters are equipped to take care of our pollution.

On the other hand i would expect such things to be taken care in a 20 lakh + car.I think we are digressing here, main issue is the gearbox failure. Which according to me is a potential disaster/accident in waiting.
There seems to be a bigger problem here. A disconnect between Skoda and it's Indian customers.

India is a harsh enviroment (heat, humidity, and pollution) for most electronics goods (cameras, audio and video equipment, as well as the electronics put in cars). Still this is no excuse there are equally harsher enviroments like the southern american states, parts of western australia, in the developed world. The Japs have been able to offer reliable (if not exciting) products for over 20 years.

A few days ago a friend was debating getting a superb (his heart was set on it as it is a good car to drive and excellent VFM). My advice to him. The car is a great car (this was before I got to know of the problem DSG gear box on this forum) but Skoda's A.S.S is something you need to have a handle on. Some dealers like Vinayak in Bangalore seem to be doing a good job, I too get decent service from Autobahn in Mumbai but granted I have not had a major issue with my car since my car is not really drive very hard for long.

Skoda has to face the facts. They are never going be a volume player like Hyundai or Maruti-Suzuki. That game has been won. Honda and Toyota with their brand image and sensible cars have sort of monopolised the mid priced car segment. Post the Octavia 1.9Tdi, Skoda will always be a niche player in India. If you are going to be a niche player you need to offer cars that appeal to this kind of customer. The Fabia with it's underpowered and problem engine did not do it's image any good. Neither will a gearbox that is as un-reliable as the current 7 speed DSG.

Skoda seems to think that if the customer has a problem with the car it is not that the car was poorly designed but that the customer does not know how to drive it. Sad. The same customers drive Toyotas and Hondas and report fewer issues. I have an Innova that I use for long drives that has completed atleast 80K (maybe even 1L) km - since I dont drive it I have not seen the odo for a while. Not one major issue till date. Skoda's Octavia 1.9 Tdi was also such a car but after that model it has been donwhill.

Skoda you need to get back to the basics.
1. Reliabile cars
2. Dealers who give us service and not BS
3. You need to back these dealers if and when a customer has a major problem (gearbox, engine failures etc..).

If you belive that Skoda customers are more demanding I have only this to tell. I have, at times, faced resistance/poor co-operation from my Honda dealer too but if I even threaten to report the incident to Honda management they change their attitude and how. So unless you insist that your delaers pull up their socks and suppport them in this endevour your products are doomed even if they do not have gearbox or engine problems.

Aside: It has been many months since TBHP Moderators met with Skoda India's top management incl Thomas Kuhel and Karthik Ramesh and there has been no movement on Harish's case - he continues to pay EMIs on a car that he cannot drive. This is unacceptable.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:54   #70

Quote:
Aside: It has been many months since TBHP Moderators met with Skoda India's top management incl Thomas Kuhel and Karthik Ramesh and there has been no movement on Harish's case - he continues to pay EMIs on a car that he cannot drive. This is unacceptable.
but you can call a media person along with you for your next meeting with Skoda management.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th October 2009 at 20:41.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:41   #71

Friends,

Below is the recent conversation i had with Skoda. They have opened up the entire car and are unable to fix everything back. The car still had problem .

I am without a car from 11th sep till date and have been paying my EMI for that month on month , they are trying to give me lolipos and wanting to brush the matter under the carpet.

God bless them and give them conscience, as a Human being atleast.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 16 October 2009 5:19:37 PM GMT+05:30
To: "Agrawal, Shrivatsa" <Shrivatsa.Agrawal@skoda-auto.co.in>
Cc: "Ramesh, Karthik" <Karthik.Ramesh@skoda-auto.co.in>, "Guda, Trivikram" <Trivikram.Guda@skoda-auto.co.in>
Subject: Re: Please Help! Skoda Superb 09 Model is a Defective / Dangerous Car . Please Change/refund for the Car.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for showing your false concern . What will I do of exteded warrenty on a defective car ?????

Would have appreciated your help rather than covering up your issues.

Please suggest.

Rohit Agarwal.

On 16-Oct-2009, at 5:04 PM, "Agrawal, Shrivatsa" <Shrivatsa.Agrawal@skoda-auto.co.in> wrote:

Dear Mr.Rohit Agarwal,

This is with reference to our telecon regarding your concern with us, kindly be informed that being a valuable customer to us as a gesture of goodwill and to regain your confidence on the product (Superb bearing Registration no. DL 13C 1491) we would like to extend the warranty on the Mechatronic (transmission control unit) by additional one year i.e. another one year over and above the normal warranty of two years.

Look forward to your trust and understanding on the same and assure you of our best services at all times.

Thanks and regards
S.K. Agrawal | After Sales
ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd.
5th Floor, Tower ‘A’, Signature Towers, South City-1, NH-8, Gurgaon-122001. India
shrivatsa.agrawal@skoda-auto.co.in | ?koda Auto - Homepage | ?koda Auto - Homepage
<image001.gif>

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Which model is it? 1.8 TSi or 2.0 TDi?

The whole VW group's small TSi petrols with DSGs are problematic and premature transmission failures are a major cause of concern worldwide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Refer to Gagananand's thread. He had to pay a good amount unfortunately, but he managed to get his car replaced. I think Sahil has already linked the thread in his post. All the best.
Thanks for your help and support. I really wish I would have come to team bhp earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

but you can call a media person along with you for your next meeting with Skoda management.
Thanks for your suggestion. I am trying to push my case hard. These guys are really unprofessional. I really feel bad for them.

Friends,
Thanks for all your support. Request you guys to put pressure on them.
Thanks

The link below is of the video I had taken . This was taken after the megatronic repair they had confirmed the car is fit for running. On 5th when i gone back to the service centre they refused to take the car saying that everything is ok .

Only after emailing this video to the top management they had agreed to tak my car for repair. Interestingly the problem still exist till date. The problem was with a jerk the gear shifts atomically between reverse neutral and drive . making it more dangerous car than earlier.

Moreover , Officially they said they had just upgraded some software version. But Internally i found out that they had changed some gear lever or some part .

If you carefully see the video , with common sense we can make out that its a mechanical problem not a Software issue.

The link to the video is

Last edited by bblost : 17th October 2009 at 15:07. Reason: bak 2 back
Old 17th October 2009, 14:30   #72

Friends,

I had received this email from them regarding the problem in the gear after the megatronics repair.

On 06-Oct-09, at 11:11 AM, Agrawal, Shrivatsa wrote:

Dear Mr.Rohit Agarwal,

This has reference to the inspection of your vehicle by our Service Engineer on 5th Oct 2009 at M/s Sai Automobiles, Noida.

Please be informed that the concern of intermittent improper gear shifting was identified and the same was observed because of the software issue. The software has been updated and the vehicle has been tested rigorously to ensure the complete roadworthiness of the same.

Request you not to have any kind of apprehensions about the performance of the vehicle and please be informed that we will arrange for the delivery of the vehicle by today.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Thanks and regards
S.K. Agrawal | After Sales
ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd.
5th Floor, Tower ‘A’, Signature Towers, South City-1, NH-8, Gurgaon-122001. India
shrivatsa.agrawal@skoda-auto.co.in | ?koda Auto - Homepage | ?koda Auto - Homepage
<image001.gif>

Few Emails to them initially for the problem in AC..

Sent: 12/06/2009 7:27 PM
To: rohit@indianoverseasco.com
Subject: RE: Bad decision of buying a superb
Importance: High

Dear Mr. Agrawal,

We are in receipt of your below said mail and regret for the inconvenience caused. You being our valued customer your satisfaction is our primary concern. We request you to provide us the name of the dealership you have been dealing with and the details of car such as registration number so that we can coordinate with our dealership for the further inspection and resolution to your concern.

Thanks & regards,

Syed Yaser | Customer Care
ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd. | 501, Wing A, Signature Towers, South City |

Gurgaon- Haryana | India | Tel: +91 124 335 1314
yaser.syed@skoda-auto.co.in | ?koda Auto - Homepage | ?koda Auto - Homepage

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 6:04 PM
To: skodadealersupport@misupport.net
Cc: Rohit Agarwal
Subject: Fw: Bad decision of buying a superb

Please help

------Original Message------
To: skodadealersupport@misupport.net
Subject: Bad decision of buying a superb
Sent: Jun 12, 2009 5:52 PM

Dear Sir ,

I had purchased a Skoda Superb new model , in the month of March 2009 . From the day of purchase the AC of the car was not cooling . I had sent it to the service station where they recycled the gas . But still the problem persist.

Today I personally went to the Showroom and showed them the problem . Even if the AC is switched on for 20 mins still the person still in the car sweats and there is hardly any difference between the cabin and the outside temperature .

The showroom guys had no answer but , suggest to re send the car to the service station to re check .

I am surprised and throughly disappointed . I thought Skoda make a good car but my impression has Completely changed with the most expensive product available in the country .

Within a few month my car is in service centre 2 times for the same issue.This seems a manufacturing defect as no one is able to rectify the problem . I even overheard a customer like me with the same problem in the Ac in the service centre .

I request you to kindly rectify the car immediately .

Your immediate action will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rohit Agarwal

Team BHP support
Please avoid back to back posts.
You can use the Edit post feature once your post is approved.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 19th October 2009 at 09:24. Reason: Similar contenmt as earlier post
Old 18th October 2009, 12:01   #73
BHPian

Dear Rohit, please mail me your phone no to me on amitasia@gmail.com . I can definitely help you over this.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th October 2009 at 22:21. Reason: Please go through Announcements sections before proceeding, SMS language not allowed. Thanks
Old 18th October 2009, 22:04   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
dear rohit , plz mail me u r ph. no to me on amitasia@gmail.com . i can defenately help u over this.

dear rohit , mail me u. r ph no on the said email add , i can help .
Thanks have emailed you my details . You can mail me at rohit@iocindia.com.
Thanks
RA
Old 18th October 2009, 23:13   #75
BHPian

this is unacceptable! how can such a well known company be so ignorant about customer grievances!! maybe thats why the are well known!!

please keep all documents safely and maintain records of all related mails.

there just has to be an end to this! we bhpians will stand by your side through this fight! skoda should not walk away from the useless products it sells!

Most Viewed