Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 21:32   #16

Friends,
I wish I would have come to team-bhp before I bought this Skoda.
Rohit
Old 15th October 2009, 21:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
We're thinking of buying a Superb (2.0 TDI) in the near future. It's really scary to read so many complaints (On a Skoda brand).

Is the 2.0 TDI in the Superb a Pump duse engine? I've been hearing that VW might discontinue that engine soon...

KR don't even think about the Skoda, you have many more better options from Honda & Toyota. You could also look at the Cruze from GM. I am presently using a Captiva from GM and I am OK with it, driven 14K kms.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
We're thinking of buying a Superb (2.0 TDI) in the near future. It's really scary to read so many complaints (On a Skoda brand).

Is the 2.0 TDI in the Superb a Pump duse engine? I've been hearing that VW might discontinue that engine soon...
Yes, its a pumpe duese engine and very problematic with our fuel quality.Skoda will eventually replace all its PD units with CRDi by mid next year.

Buy a Cruze or Sonata transform diesel if you need more space in Diesel. Or for petrol, no better buy then the accord.

ONCE AGAIN I AM SAYING THAT VW'S DSG GEARBOXES OFTEN FAIL PREMATURELY IN INDIAN ROAD CONDITIONS DUE TO OUR DRIVING STYLE (STOP-GO TRAFFIC),STILL VW DOES NOT CARE THE HELL ABOUT ITS CARS SOLD HERE, NOR ITS GROUP COMPANY (SKODA'S) OWNERS WHO SPEND THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY IN BUYING LEMONS FROM THE COMPANY.

Sorry for typing in caps, but I am very furious, very, very furious with these VW's transmission issues.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitioc View Post
Friends,
I wish I would have come to team-bhp before I bought this Skoda.
Rohit

Rohit even I wish I had taken my money when they agreed to take back my Fabia Petrol, but... I had to be on Team BHP and Njoying all the fun and discussing with so many car lovers.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is scary - second Superb complete breakdown reported in TBHP within a few months form launch. I will be scared to recommend anyone to buy their car even if the sticker prices comes down by half.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:39   #21
BANNED

This is UNREAL. I mean *** man?

LIES and more LIES. Is there a way we can blackmark this guy Karthik Ramesh forever. So that he never gets a job anywhere ever.

My uncle is a senior member of FICCI and quite well know to the major folks in India. I have send him the details of the last mail that came from Skoda, Czech to an Indian customer and now the above. I will wait and see what his take is on this. I will hopefully get to speak to him soon.

Anyone else who can help in personally taking this up with this unprofessional individuals, please try from your end.

Last edited by Spitfire : 15th October 2009 at 21:43.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

I still love the Superb for the package part and looks. Have heard a lot about there a.s.s. issues locally and via TBHP. Sad but good for rivals.

I just dont understand why
1) people go back for a replacement car from them
2) why Skoda wont change based on issues like this. Scare any Tata a.s.s. firms and see how they respond.

Now, would you be happy if they give a new car? What's the options you are looking at?
Old 15th October 2009, 21:55   #23

Friends,
I want them to refund my money , honestly.
If they are willing to replace the car and assure me that I won't have my life at risk again because of the same kind of failure that is an second option.
Rohit
Old 15th October 2009, 22:02   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I still love the Superb for the package part and looks.
Quote:
I just dont understand why
1) people go back for a replacement car from them
Because so many share your above views.

Quote:
2) why Skoda wont change based on issues like this.
Because of (1) above.

[quote] Scare any Tata a.s.s. firms and see how they respond.

If Tata a./s/s/ causes a complaint, Tatas will twist their ears. MSIL would, OTOH, fry the bottoms.

Skoda is however like the police chowki.

Ever gone to register a complaint about a theft? the chowkidar will be more than happy to register your complaint. The first question will be "what was the value". The party who gives bigger commission keeps the goods.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

It is sad to see a potentially great line-up getting screwed because the company is full of lunatics.

Afaik, the DSG failure is a common problem even overseas with Skoda.

Hopefully with the CRDi engine, they'll get their act together.

@Rohit

Collect all photographs and Videos along with all the documents and receipts. Move the courts over this blasphemy.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Consumer courts all the way. Dont stop till you've got back whatever you think is appropriate.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:19   #27
BHPian

It should be a biggest shame for any company wherein there are 2 threads on the front page of the biggest automobile forum showing complete breakdowns and no support from company

@ Rohit,
Best of luck man. It would be a hard fight but you would have to fight now, a product worth 20lakhs which is big money is still not able to do a basic function of taking owner from Point A to Point B. If the "particular lot" had mechatronics problems why the hell didnt Skoda do a recall? It left the owner's bhagwaan bharose?
Excellent product with worst service. Just cope up with the tension bro and get ready to fight hard.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:38   #28
BHPian

Quite a few Bhpians cheated by Skoda! Why don't you all join and file a case against Skoda? This would definitely scare Skoda..
Old 15th October 2009, 22:38   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am really sorry to hear about your experience, Rohit. Can only imagine the heartburn caused by your new premium car breaking down. The DSG gearboxes, capable as they are, clearly have reliability issues. Not only in India but worldwide. The last thing I want when I'm cruising at 150 kph is for the gearbox to give up! Potential fatality right there (maniac truck rear-ending my stationary car in the fast lane of an expressway )

Would you be kind enough to upload service invoices as well as the video you mentioned earlier?

Quote:
The aircon has not been working right since day one. The car went to the workshop 4 times before they changed some parts. But the AC is still not working properly.
What exactly is the problem with the air-con? Is it not cooling? Is the blower speed not strong enough? More details please.

Quote:
No one from the Skoda helpline was available.
Sad.

Quote:
Please note that the mechatronic unit is an intelligent part specific to particular car and needs to be procured from our parent company in Czech Republic. The same has been ordered and will take about two weeks in procurement.
If the part is a known defect, why doesn't Skoda issue a recall on all Superbs and retrofit a new "mechatronic unit"? Ford even sent engineers to customers homes to set right a Fiesta problem (recently reported on Team-BHP)?
You are requested to kindly bear with us till such time.

Quote:
From 2nd October to 5th October I drove the car for 250 kms and realised that there is a problem in the gearbox, which was agreed to by their engineer.
What exactly was this problem? Can you outline the precise issue?

Quote:
To ensure complete mobility for your good selves and avoid any kind of inconvenience in want of vehicle we have arranged for a hired taxi from 18th September 2009 till the time your subject car was at the dealership.
Hey, this is a seriously welcome gesture. Did they give you a cab, at their cost, for use while the Superb was off the road?

Quote:
I have written to everybody possible in India and the Czech Republic. Nobody responds. The company officials are just too arrogant and unresponsive.
The BIGGEST problem. No accountability. You'd think no one cared!

Quote:
What should I do? Any suggestions?
If you have the time & resources, FIGHT in the consumer court. Teach them such a lesson that no manufacturer tries to take us for a ride.

If you don't have the time, sell the damn car and minimise your losses. Plenty of Honda & Toyota options (Accord, Fortuner etc. etc.) available in that price range. And which will in all certainty give you peace of the mind.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:40   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

You are requested not to have any kind of apprehensions about the product and we look forward to your trust and understanding on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik
I love this line. You are requested not to have any apprehensions about the car even if the AC was not working, the gearbox failed and the car almost killed you and now if the gearbox is still not working. When we tell you the car is road worthy you better believe it because we know everything and your just a customer. lol. Hilarious.

This guy Karthik needs to be flushed down the toilet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks