Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 16:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's shocking to know that you have been targetted twice. Which part of Delhi you reside?

It's very common in Delhi for most owners to leave the car parked on the roadside due to unavailability of safe parking. That is like eye-candy for thiefs. Most colonies have special nightwatch men due to this menace. I know some colonies in Old Rajinder Nagar, Rohini keeping these guards.

Sorry, i shouldn't be. But, this really made me laugh a lot
Old Rajinder Nagar buddy..but we park most of the cars in our driveway..its either the Qualis or Scorpio that are left outside as their wing mirrors don't get stolen as they are not motorized. I even pay the guard extra but the buggers never around when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
You can go for Autocop motion sensor+Body sensor with immobilizer also. please check with the autocop dealer, i think you should not ignore this. Its terrible to hear this that has happen with all the security devices you have in your car.
Thanks for the advice Tabrez but is there any other company besides Autocop that you can suggest?
Old 16th October 2009, 16:38   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Professional yes but undoubtedly with inside help at either Nippon/ Mahindra Service center/ Autocop..

The lock was removed sometime late night i presume..does not take much to remove the entire thing..the key was probably made some place else where they would not be disturbed.
Boss, whatever be the reason, I would suggest finding a foolproof parking place for your Scorp. One option is to tie it to a pole or your gate using a chain like people used to tie up the old DI jeeps. This coupled to a big lock makes things somewhat better as a thief would at least need to bang the lock a couple of times hard to break it.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
One option is to tie it to a pole or your gate using a chain like people used to tie up the old DI jeeps. This coupled to a big lock makes things somewhat better as a thief would at least need to bang the lock a couple of times hard to break it.
Considering the nature of these professional thieves, what you have mentioned would be as easy as apple pie for them to break.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:47   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Considering the nature of these professional thieves, what you have mentioned would be as easy as apple pie for them to break.
Unless they come with a gas cutter, I doubt if it is easy to break a big old fashioned lock and chain. Using a hammer or an electric saw would atleast make some noise.
And yes, you have those computer generated keys with "round holes" on them made by Godrej for homes, they are really good.
Just my 25 naya paisa of thought.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Will the removal of the passenger door lock not set off any alarm?

Since the cops are refusing to take a complaint, bring this incident to the attention of the higher ups in your service centre. There definitely is a black sheep or two in there. Also if you post the name of the service centre, it will help others.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

I thought gearlock was a dead end for these thieves!

Anyways, can this be a possible solution - Electric shock car alarm system !!!!!!!! - MP3Car.com
Old 16th October 2009, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Quite correct..but i wonder if the GPS would have worked..i would have made sure that the thieves remained my guests for a while if i had managed to track the losers down..

On the other hand if they discovered the GPS they would have disconnected that too and in that case it would be me who would be the "loser" then..

Trust me fellas it is a truly unnerving experience to go through something like this once even let alone twice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Will the removal of the passenger door lock not set off any alarm?

Since the cops are refusing to take a complaint, bring this incident to the attention of the higher ups in your service centre. There definitely is a black sheep or two in there. Also if you post the name of the service centre, it will help others.
I too thought it would have..but as there are no motion sensors there would be no alarm !!

Have already pulled up the staff at the service center.. don't think it will be fair to name them here as i have no definite proof of their involvement..as yet.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th October 2009 at 17:07. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

If I were you I would make sure the FIR gets lodged (can't believe you of all people can't get this done!) with all the stuff mentioned included in it. Write a strong note to Anand Mahindra (call the boardline ask for his secy give her some cover story i.e calling from BCG consulting want to send him a private ppt etc it works like a charm) - Trust me he will action this half the stuff gets looked over because we think nothing will happen those days are gone - I got the Dhoots (Anirudh to respond within 6 hours) and I consider them way down the evolved lot in comparision to Anand he will fix the dealer in a new york second cheers

Last edited by canonball : 16th October 2009 at 17:04.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
If I were you I would make sure the FIT gets lodges with all the stuff mentioned included in it. Write a strong note to Anand Mahindra - Trust me he will action this half the stuff gets looked over because we think nothing will happen those days are gone - I got the dhoots (anirudh to respond within 6 hours) and I consider them way down the evolved lot in comparision to anand he will fix the dealer in a new york second cheers
Good advice buddy..Shall do so!
Old 16th October 2009, 17:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

If BCG does not work say you are a fellow Harward grad and want to connect with him use your presence of mind/improvise - DON't tell her of the problem they will take you through the grind and he will never hear it unless you threaten media action by which time you will be drenched in your own sweat

let me know if you need further help

Last edited by canonball : 16th October 2009 at 17:12.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:17   #26
Team-BHP Support

Is there an alarm unit with motion sensor which has a separate back up power supply to trigger siren, even if the primary supply is cut off.

Quick tip: To set the motion sensor properly, this is what i did.

First i set the sensor to max, this would trigger small burst of siren, even if you tap on the car. Then i re-adjusted this, so that the short beeps comes only with fist punches on the roof pillars. This was kinda ok setting and didnt trigger the alarm when exposed to occasional truck traffic or rain. Though heavy rain or parking next to a road which has constant heavy traffic used to trigger it occasionally.

In your case i think first thing to do is secure the parking area itself, second option is to check out the option Sudev mentioned. Sounds pretty fool proof and if its discrete should not alarm the thieving party also. Next option to upgrade the alarm system with motion sensor. Even worth investing in a motor cycle battery circuit to power the system
Old 16th October 2009, 17:21   #27
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

there seems to be some work on hand from the service centre, your car had a lot of security devices and yet the thiefs considered working over all of those, it would be much easier to work on some other car unless they already the codes / keys through the service centre in advance.

I suggest you escallate this to Manhidra itself, and file a police complain specifically mentioning your thoughts and cause to doubt the service centre.

speak to the head of the service centre as well.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Change the service station. Obviously, something is going on there
Old 16th October 2009, 17:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The only thing left to do is sleep inside it now..or maybe they will take me too alongwith the car..
That one cracked me up!

I definitely see a connection between the dealer and the thieves here, because he has to be well versed and read also possess some things which would generally not be available to normal thieves. I suggest you set a trap!
Old 16th October 2009, 17:35   #30
BHPian

Hi Manuuj,

Sad to hear about your episode. I would suggest, in addition to all the gadgets mentioned above my many members, why not get a couple of dogs? Just the presence of these will make any thief weary. I have learnt this from experience. You could have one dobermann patrolling in the front yard and another one on the terrace ( If its feasible). Trust me,this has worked wonders for me. My 2 cents.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 16th October 2009 at 17:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks