Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 15:23   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
@Manuuj : This is undoubtly a work of a PRO. The service center chaps have to be involved, did you arrange a pickup and drop for ur scorpio service ? Anyway it seems you had lot of security devices on the car, GPS + STEERING LOCK + GEAR LOCK + REMOTE LOCK. I think you should add a Shock sensor/ Vibra sensor module to your car, this would trigger an alarm on any activity around the car. Should be enough to catch someones attention.

What GPS are you using ? Micro VBB or amsaki ?
Where can i get these shock/vibra sensors buddy? any idea of the costs and brand to buy?..

Any information would be of great help.

Oh!.. and besides the Inbuilt Immobilizer, Steering lock, Gear lock, Remote lock and AMSAKI GPS tracking we also have the High Security Number Plates which cannot be removed easily as they come with a snap off nut..

The idea was to put as many hurdles in the thief's path as possible so it would be a long drawn out attempt.

Suggestions by a fellow Bhpian to remove certain fuses also seem like a good idea that may atleast confound any would be thief for a little longer.

Once again i request all Mhawk owners who have not yet got their codes personalized to get it done IMMEDIATELY as i feel this was one of the reasons my Scorpio is still in my driveway today ..or is it? ill just check!..
Old 18th October 2009, 16:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Really it must be a scary experience. Good that Scorpio was saved anyhow.

My friends Bolera at my home town also faced attempted theft. But he was smart in the case he secretly installed auxilliary keys series to the Ignition under left side of dash board. He use to take both keys out.

Thiefs managed to do everything but could not able to start bolero. He saved his bolero. But two of Bolera in our locality were stolen.

For Bolero their modus operandi is they take out Diesel Cover and make duplicate key and they come back after some time with duplicate keys and take vehichles out.
Old 18th October 2009, 16:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

manuuj, is this the "refreshed scorpio" launched sometime May this year or the one before that ?
Old 18th October 2009, 16:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
manuuj, is this the "refreshed scorpio" launched sometime May this year or the one before that ?
The one before the refreshed one. Ours came in June 2008. The refreshed one has an additional security feature, the key itself has the chip in place of a separate Remote.
Old 18th October 2009, 17:54   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The idea was to put as many hurdles in the thief's path as possible so it would be a long drawn out attempt.
Check if you can buy a wheel lock used by the traffic police to 'lock up' a vehicle in a No Parking zone. Also, as rightly mentioned above, adding different gadgets may do the trick since it will take the would be thief by surprise. For one, try installing the door contact alarm sensors and fix it in inconspicuous locations on all possible entry points, the four doors, the rear door, and the bonnet. It will yell the moment the contact gets separated from the magnetic field. The bottom line is to try to fix these things yourself if possible thereby eliminating the risk of news 'leaking'. All the best in protecting your vehicle

Last edited by ampere : 28th August 2016 at 22:40. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 18th October 2009, 20:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

a wheel lock is a very good idea .. atleast you won't be handing any part of it to the service centres. It could make your lock foolproof, instead of using electronic systems. A wheel lock and an alert dog could really be the solution to your scorpio.
Old 21st October 2009, 10:31   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

1) The Service centre is clearly involved - so change it, and pls do complain about this incident to some one in Mahindra. - I will forward this thread link to a contact whome I know at Mahindra.

2) CCTV and better lighting where the vehicle is parked may help.

3) What is the point in buying a car like this (for 10L plus) and then doing stuff like removing fuses, stearing lock / gearbox lock etc. - One might as well paint ones car PINK if that is the case - sure way to not get stolen - I think.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:12   #53
BHPian

I am certain that the service centre people are involved. Though OT, I think this will validate the doubt of service centre fellows being involved.
A quite infamous Maruti showroom/service centre in Whitefield Bangalore recently got into trouble with our company. Reason:
1. Two employees left their cars for service at this place. They went outstation.
2. After one week they go to collect their cars. The service centre people say the cars are not serviced as these two owners had not given them the car keys.
3. Of course the keys were given. When questioned why the service centre did not contact the owners to enquire about the keys, they said they had other cars to attend to.
4. Since these were company lease cars, our company told this Showroom that they will send them a court notice.
5. Immediately the showroom people apolgized, accepted that they lost the keys and they installed new lock sets.
6. After getting the car back from serivce, the cars were stolen.

So I think now the best thing is to install a security device that starts making siren sounds even if touched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1) One might as well paint ones car PINK if that is the case - sure way to not get stolen - I think.
Hahahaha. Super idea.

Last edited by ashwinsid : 21st October 2009 at 12:14.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Shocked to hear that , especially with a maruti !

I guess a police case would have been registered, any luck with the investigations ?
Old 21st October 2009, 17:22   #55
BHPian

They lodged a complaint. Dont know what happened next. The above incident was narrated to me by the car lease desk at our office. Warning about that particular showroom.
Old 21st October 2009, 17:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
2) CCTV and better lighting where the vehicle is parked may help.
3) What is the point in buying a car like this (for 10L plus) and then doing stuff like removing fuses, stearing lock / gearbox lock etc. - One might as well paint ones car PINK if that is the case - sure way to not get stolen - I think.
Even if we take so many security measures. If keys are stolen nothing work.

Quote:
5. Immediately the showroom people apolgized, accepted that they lost the keys and they installed new lock sets.
They installed new LOCK set.

Quote:
How many cars stolen even after new lock being installed? Since lock changed then how come cars stolen. If they would have using old locks then this argument might hold true.

Quote:
So I think now the best thing is to install a security device that starts making siren sounds even if touched.
Even we can take help of NSG commandoes to guard our cars. LOL. Jokes apart. How much percentange or car price one has to spent to safeguard his cars?

I can see suggestion like install CCTV etc. etc.
Old 21st October 2009, 18:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
They installed new LOCK set.
uh? I didnt understand. Just to clarify, I meant that they had lost the keys of both cars. So they installed new lock sets for both cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
How many cars stolen even after new lock being installed? Since lock changed then how come cars stolen. If they would have using old locks then this argument might hold true.
Both the cars were stolen. It is very obvious. Service centre loses(?) keys. They install new lock set. Then car is stolen. Chances of a spare key of the new set available with them is very high.

OP, sorry for OT.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:48   #58
BHPian

hi guys,
I think covering the car with the car cover at night will be a better idea from security point of view.
As it will involve some extra effort to tear the cover and then breaking all the security systems in the car. And that may bring attention to the night watchman also.
OR will it turn out to be added advantage for thieves.
Old 22nd October 2009, 02:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
hi guys,
I think covering the car with the car cover at night will be a better idea from security point of view.
As it will involve some extra effort to tear the cover and then breaking all the security systems in the car. And that may bring attention to the night watchman also.
OR will it turn out to be added advantage for thieves.
Welcome to tbhp buddy!

Don't think your suggestion will help as if the car does'nt get stolen the cover certainly would!..winters are around and it would make a handy tent/blanket for any hapless soul!

I once again would like to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread.

The reason i had actually posted in the first place was to raise awareness and provide information for other Tbhp Scorpio owners..all in all this incident has left my faith shaken in all the security features, my service station, my nightwatchman and above all the local cops who were sadly deprived of their cut as my car could not be taken (in this instance).

Thanks all for your concern and support..and in-case you are wondering why I'm posting at two in the morning ..its because i had come to check up on the Scorpio!!
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:02   #60
BHPian

I too lost my Scorpio in June this year and suspect foul play by the service centre guys at least in leaking information about the car and addresses and wonder- how neatly they could do it.

Some relevant discussions are available in the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...io-owners.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks