Team-BHP - Hyundai Vs Ford
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Vs Ford (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6781-hyundai-vs-ford-2.html)

having said that, I find Hundai Accents as good cars, smooth engines, reliable and my friends tell me how good the AS is. I probably may go for the Accent Viva CRDi if the Fortuner takes too long to Come.

All Right Steroid,

well written.

Entirely Agree with you.
Especially about the DRDI part

Though i have seen Hyundai bashing in some other threads like "when will hyundai learn' now i feel it is out of love that our bhp-ians criticized Hyundai with hopes that they do better and offer more VFM for the customers!
I feel Hyundai cars are considered synonymous with VFM by our BHPians. But at the same time lot of others have said they wont go for a Hyundai for a >10L car!

alright i still feel ford has an edge when it comes to performance cars! (ikon, mondeo). fusion is not in that track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser

alright i still feel ford has an edge when it comes to performance cars! (ikon, mondeo). fusion is not in that track.

Hey, take that back.
I find Fusion pretty Good( I own one :) )

Hyundai has its feet firmly planted in India. Ford, on the other hand doesn't seem to be on good footing. The Indian market seems to offer only one Ford model of any significance - the Ikon. The Fusion, though a good vehicle has suffered because of incorrect pricing. Mondeo, whats that?

On the other hand, you see Santros, Accents, Sonatas, Getz everywhere. Goes to show that Hyundai is quick on its feet when it comes to introducing fresh brands (though not necessarily NEW brands).

Its like a vicious cycle. You see so many Hyundais that you start thinking "Hey, there has to be something thats good about the vehicle or else why would people bother buying it?". Then you go and buy it yourself. For the non-car-enthusiast, who has to go from place A to place B, there's nothing like a Santro or an Accent. Compare that to an Ikon which has a perceived "high maintenance, low FE" tag.

It will be difficult for Ford to shake-off this public perception of their vehicles.

Quote:

Ikon has low FE because it is a drivers car that is too powerful and hyundai has cheaper build because they are cheap.
who gives a damn dude ? noone beyond this community of motor head care much about performance ..they look at economy a.k.a FE , maintainence cost ,ASS ...etc they want a hassle free car not a firebreathing monster ...

Quote:

Mondeo didnt sell in large numbers just because A ford name is not as powerful as a Honda in INdia and so Accord cannibalized the mondeo.It is still the best drivers car in the segment.
and how do you think the Sonata sells ?hyundai name is not as powerful as honda either ...
Quote:

But talkers are not buyers.
there you go buddy ..
hyundai has done everything right in the indian market ...hence they are selling ..
ford have given the buyers nothing but the ikon with various difference engine specs which each time they claim to be much more economical...Fusion the newest from the blue oval is struggling ....

practicality is the name of the game here ..the poll says it all ...

I feel Hyundai has a better future in India, they offer good VFM cars which is what most of the customers(leaving petrolheads) want they also provide good service.

What surprises me is that in some of the recent threads Hyundai was bashed much and called stupid for making all the wrong moves. This thread brings out many a strong point that Hyundai has!!!

Ford for me.
hyundai have messed up their positioning by launching cheap vehicles and that is the reason why their D segment cars are not doin well.
Ford however can still launch a 10L + car which has decent ride and space and different looks and expect it to sell.

good point dude ..
but dont you think indian car market is majorly run by lower segment cars ...

..mondeo launch wasnt a success either .. compare that to the number of sonatas we see on the road ..i can bet hyundai 's Elantra (which we all think is a flop) will out number the mondeos on the road soon ..

hence ,
Quote:

hyundai have messed up their positioning by launching cheap vehicles
describes the position of Maruti ..how they are belived to sell the best of the cheaper cars ...baleno itself is an example ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser
What surprises me is that in some of the recent threads Hyundai was bashed much and called stupid for making all the wrong moves. This thread brings out many a strong point that Hyundai has!!!

Hyundai bashing and Fiat worship are pretty high on the list of many of our contributors, and I suspect many of the overtly vocal ones havent owned either brand. To a large extent this bias was created and nurtured by the kind of "auto journalists" that we have in this country. It is pretty obvious that most of them have little or no touch with reality.

Hyundai has no comparison with Ford... I would say.... coz with the variety Hyundai has... we can only compare Hyundai with Maruti... and Ford with Opel.... I personally feel Hyundai is much better than any other car maker in India... firstly because they touch every kinda Customer in this country.... right from the higher end SUV buyer to the Lower end Non A/C Santro. Can anyone give me other name who makes such a variety in Diesel(CRDI) and Petrol versions.... They the the quickest to pickup the market and they are the best in impressing customers with new models..... if U think otherwise.... give me a example.... Common! Common!

Of the cars they have in India, I definitely like the Ford cars more due to their looks since I find most Hyundai cars dull, bland or plain ugly.

Since I was driving an Elantra for the past 4 weeks and will be driving a Focus for the next few weeks this poll is really a co-incidence.

Of the 2 cars my first impressions are favourable to the Hyundai altho the Focus is easier on the eye but its not an hatch (which is great actually)

Although I like the new Sonata, and had fun driving the Elantra, overall I still do not like many of their other cars in comparison I do like the Ikon, Mondeo, Focus (hatch...wonder if it ever will come to India) and even the Fusion (which altho priced very high is one neat vehicle.

If only Ford expanded their catalog to match Hyundais and put out a hatch (Fiesta - an Ikon basically w/o the boot , or the Focus in the premium hatch segment) they might do better.
What Hyundai has is a presence in every segment which is great!
So inspite of not liking many of their cars and probably not wanting to buy any either, I would vote for Hyundai to be the stronger in India and has a better future due to the variety, quality and network.

Ikon may just lag behind 1-2 kmpl at maxin fuel efficiency. But build quality, performance,ride and handling is really better. Santro has given hyundai a superb lead over others. Ikon and accent are on their last stages in India. sonata and mondeo are big failures. Terracan and endeavour are not even seen. elantra and getz have also gathered just meagre sales.

Hyundai has benefitted from economies from scale against ford. Hyundai has had a bashing in recent threads as hyundai cars are not able to last for more than 3-4 years.This is not said by me but the owners of Hyundai. But at the same time there are people who buy hyundai again and again.same goes for Ford.

exiting India will be last thing on Ford INdia's mind.

So It depends on what a person wants from the car. ikon over accent, tucson over endeavour, getz over fusion, mondeo over sonata.

IMO Ford is a more desirable brand and their cars are better looking and have solid build quality and great engines.

But as far as sales are concerned, Hyundai defenitely has an edge.