Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 21:44   #286
BHPian

^^^ I use the left ORVM to a great extend in BLR city traffic, for the exact reason stated above. I can replace the ORVM, but if a biker trying to overtake from left hits my car, I may end up in more trouble (as well as the biker).
Old 19th March 2010, 22:01   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
^^^ I use the left ORVM to a great extend in BLR city traffic, for the exact reason stated above. I can replace the ORVM, but if a biker trying to overtake from left hits my car, I may end up in more trouble (as well as the biker).
That is the exact reason I use the Left ORVM . I always want to ensure I 'see' the bikers trying to overtake from left. I never found it risky to the mirror doing so. Left ORVM is very useful during parking too.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:15   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
I dont usually use the left ORVm coz i feel a lil uncomfortable and sometimes a lil wary abt bikers overtaking from the left and knocking my Mirror off.
I always use my left OVRM because I am very wary about knocking bikers off who are overtaking from the left.

Hey... If anyone does knock the mirror off, let us just be satisfied that it will hurt them more than it does us!
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:56   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
He even tried convincing 2 stroke Bullets existed...
Well, they did existed (some of them survive till today). I think they were called as the mini bullet. 200cc 2-stroke. Its the era slightly after Royal Enfield and the Zundapp!!

check these links for pics:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1121397-post101.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1170631-post5.html

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 22nd March 2010 at 13:58.
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:23   #290
Senior - BHPian

Well, continuing on the comedy of errors at the Indian Dealerships, let me recount one incident that happened recently (about two weeks ago). I went to TD a Trax vehicle. After the ride I was chatting to the sales person asking small tidbits of information. After deliberating for a minute, I asked him about the safety features of the Trax.

SP: Safety features??
Me: ???
SP: Oh, you don't need to worry, it's one of the safest vehicles!
Me: ??? ???
SP: You see it has a strong body construction. Not likely to be damaged by an accident. And you have a heavy engine sitting in the front!

??

Two years ago when I went to check out Versa at a dealer in Vikroli/Mumbai, a sales guy attended to me. For most of the questions I asked him, he kept checking with a senior guy. He couldn't tell me the position of the rear AC vents, or whether the DX2 had separate vents for all three rows, or just a common vent for the 2nd and 3rd rows. After about four/five questions he said, "We have our technical manager here. Maybe he will be able to help you out." And the questions I was asking were barely about the specs of the Versa. Since no TD or demo vehicle was available, he offered to show me a Versa that had come in for servicing. We went round the desks into the workshop. As I was inspecting the Versa, I asked him where the fuel lid was. He started scratching his head and searching all over the backside of the Versa for some hint of a fuel lid. Finally I myself remembered it's under the driver's door and showed him.

A much better experience was to be talking to a lady from a Rhino showroom. This showroom had earlier been a Mahindra showroom. They changed to Rhino and today they have a Hyundai showroom. I went in to check out the Rhino Rx and I was really impressed by the knowledge and the attitude of this lady. She was candid enough to admire good points of competitors' vehicles, at the same time highlighting the strengths of the Rhino. A truly nice experience.

Another good experience I had was with Fortune Cars at Thane where I went to TD the Sumo Grande. The sales person was very cooperative and knowledgeable about the car.

Those who are sympathetic to the salespeople, if I am going to spend my whole year's salary on a vehicle based on such advice from these people, I have a right to expect better knowledge. I mean, if you don't know where the fuel lid is for the car you are selling, what do you know??

Old 24th March 2010, 22:14   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a dealer, but The Hindu motoring section, today, has an article about new Fiat models being released ...illustrated with a photo of a VW!
Old 25th March 2010, 22:38   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not a dealer, but The Hindu motoring section, today, has an article about new Fiat models being released ...illustrated with a photo of a VW!
Unbelievable, hope they do not justify it by publishing "FIAT buys out VW" or "VW takes over FIAT"

Last edited by sheetumanu : 25th March 2010 at 22:39.
Old 25th March 2010, 23:52   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Ha ha! That well and truly woke me up in the morning. I think it was Zigwheels and not The Hindu?
Old 26th March 2010, 00:10   #294
BHPian

Not really a joke but this is something that seems to be norm with most dealerships in India. I was at the Ford dealership the other day (I won't name it, but it's the one close to Defence Colony in Delhi ) to ask about the availability of the Figo Titanium diesel in Chill or Silver and the guy assured me that he'd check up and get back within a couple of hours. Those "couple of hours" have turned into a "couple of days" and he still hasn't gotten back to me.
A similar thing happened with a friend of mine. He was at this Honda dealer in Okhla (again, I won't name them ) to buy a City in a shade of grey. The sales guy assured him that a car was available in their stockyard so guess what they told him when he turned up later in the day with the checkbook in hand - "Sir, we have white and silver only. Maybe there was some confusion. Silver is like grey. Buy that." Needless to say, he stormed out of the stealership.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:28   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I think it was Zigwheels and not The Hindu?
It was The Hindu... because that's what I read every day, but they could well have re-printed it. I get the feeling that a lot of The Hind's commercial stuff is regurgitated. From press releases, often!
Old 29th March 2010, 11:14   #296
Senior - BHPian

Experience at ford dealer during figo test drive. Sales person wanted to know my preferences for car purchase. Discussion went on like this.

Sales person: What kind of car are you looking for?
Me: Looking for spacious car compared to my santro. But, due to govt. definition of small car, most of the existing cars are not to my liking.
Sales person: Do you need more power or longer car?
Me: Looking for bigger engine & more interior space
Sales persons: You should look at Jazz, it has 1.5L engine & it's spacious.

I was shocked, when did Honda launch 1.5 L engine for Jazz. I concentrated on test drive & didn't continue that discussion.

After brief TD, I asked sales person to show up engine area. Pointing to air intake, I asked sales person what is this?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1784973

Sales person: This is engine hot air exhaust. Normally all cars leave it towards ground, ford has directed it towards top, above left wheel.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:31   #297
BHPian

Funny experience at NCR Ford:

*I was in the display car inside the dealership*
Me: What variant is this? Titanium?
Sales guy: No sir this is the ZXi
Me: But it clearly says Airbag here on the steering wheel. Didn't you just tell me the ZXi doesn't have airbags?
SG: I think the ZXi has airbags.
*calls out to his colleague who indicates that we're sitting in the Titanium variant*
5 minutes later, I ask for a TD of the petrol version.
SG: Sir, diesel is better than petrol.
Me: Huh?!?
SG: Diesel version is better than the petrol version.
Me: I'd like to TD the petrol and not the diesel.
A couple of minutes later, we are in the TD car. As soon as I crank it up, I can tell that we were in the oil burner variant.
Me: This is not the petrol version is it?
SG: No sir. This is the diesel one.
*I'm getting exasperated*
Me: Are you new to the world of sales?
SG: Yes I just joined the dealership last week.
*face palm*
Old 29th March 2010, 14:38   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Experience at ford dealer during figo test drive. Sales person wanted to know my preferences for car purchase. Discussion went on like this.

Sales person: What kind of car are you looking for?
Me: Looking for spacious car compared to my santro. But, due to govt. definition of small car, most of the existing cars are not to my liking.
Sales person: Do you need more power or longer car?
Me: Looking for bigger engine & more interior space
Sales persons: You should look at Jazz, it has 1.5L engine & it's spacious.

I was shocked, when did Honda launch 1.5 L engine for Jazz. I concentrated on test drive & didn't continue that discussion.

After brief TD, I asked sales person to show up engine area. Pointing to air intake, I asked sales person what is this?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1784973

Sales person: This is engine hot air exhaust. Normally all cars leave it towards ground, ford has directed it towards top, above left wheel.
Looks like this Sales person was earlier employed with Honda and yet to come to terms with his new job at Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Funny experience at NCR Ford:

*I was in the display car inside the dealership*
Me: What variant is this? Titanium?
Sales guy: No sir this is the ZXi
Me: But it clearly says Airbag here on the steering wheel. Didn't you just tell me the ZXi doesn't have airbags?
SG: I think the ZXi has airbags.
*calls out to his colleague who indicates that we're sitting in the Titanium variant*
5 minutes later, I ask for a TD of the petrol version.
SG: Sir, diesel is better than petrol.
Me: Huh?!?
SG: Diesel version is better than the petrol version.
Me: I'd like to TD the petrol and not the diesel.
A couple of minutes later, we are in the TD car. As soon as I crank it up, I can tell that we were in the oil burner variant.
Me: This is not the petrol version is it?
SG: No sir. This is the diesel one.
*I'm getting exasperated*
Me: Are you new to the world of sales?
SG: Yes I just joined the dealership last week.
*face palm*
@Khan: Looks like he knew you had Punto and Polo Petrol; so he thought as to why this guy would buy another Petrol and kept hovering around diesel
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:52   #299
Senior - BHPian

skoda auto, jai auto, mathura road, Delhi

Me: when is the new laura expected with a new 2.0 diesel engine BS 4?

SE: Sir, the current motor is already BS 4 compliant.

me: I am talking about the upgraded CR motor.

SE: sir, OK OK. the new motor will have both CR and PD technology and is expected soon. TDI CR PD is what we call it.

Me: price of superb 1.8 manual tsi:

SE: manual comes free with the car, its a part of OE.

Me:, and off to see the 370 Z.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:07   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Me: price of superb 1.8 manual tsi:

SE: manual comes free with the car, its a part of OE.
You asked about "Superb" and he gave a superb reply

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks