Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:15   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

So that's why people buy Skodas: for the free gear box!
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:42   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So that's why people buy Skodas: for the free gear box!
he mistook it for the owners manual and not a manual gearbox.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:49   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good! Very very good!
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:57   #304
BHPian

I am standing at the service center waiting for the delivery of car, and i get a call form customer relationship lady, "Sir aapne apni car service ke liye di thi, ab wo kaisee chal rahi hai," and I walked to that lady while talking on phone and said face to face but on phone "gaadi milte hi bata dunga, tab tak to aap hi batayenge"
Old 4th April 2010, 14:06   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
I am standing at the service center waiting for the delivery of car, and i get a call form customer relationship lady, "Sir aapne apni car service ke liye di thi, ab wo kaisee chal rahi hai," and I walked to that lady while talking on phone and said face to face but on phone "gaadi milte hi bata dunga, tab tak to aap hi batayenge"
ha ha thats quite fast a reply to them as well, as most dealerships now have speed up their feedbacks.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:25   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
ha ha thats quite fast a reply to them as well, as most dealerships now have speed up their feedbacks.
I don't understand why the feedback is sought immediately the next day or just after one or two days. Back when I gave my M800 for servicing, the lady used to call me up the following week to check how the car was running. Not everyone uses the car every day.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:55   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I don't understand why the feedback is sought immediately the next day or just after one or two days.

Thats because they only want to hear a positive report of the repairs/service carried out. Their confidence level are so low that they are sure that the problems might resurface soon and your feedback could spoil there record sheet.

God bless.....
Old 8th April 2010, 08:05   #308
BHPian

It also may be they doubt that you will come back to them...........
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:46   #309
BHPian

I recently went with my father to The Hindu Lifestyle Exhitbhition. While taking a look at the i20 1.2,
My father - What's so spl. about the car, in comparision to the Dzire?
Salesman - Sir, this car is 'having' Kappa engine, the Swift and Dzire have K-series engine!!
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:40   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I recently went with my father to The Hindu Lifestyle Exhitbhition. While taking a look at the i20 1.2,
My father - What's so spl. about the car, in comparision to the Dzire?
Salesman - Sir, this car is 'having' Kappa engine, the Swift and Dzire have K-series engine!!
Yes sure, the Maruti have the 'appa' missing from the engine right???
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:07   #311
BHPian

Venue: Kashyap Vehicle Works, Noida
Subject: VW Polo TD
Date: 24th April 2010

My friend and I had just returned from the TD and were talking to the sales rep when a male duo (Guy1 and Guy 2) joined us and started inquiring the sales rep about The New Polo.

All of a sudden Guy 1 opened the door of the new Beetle and the following exhange happened:

Guy 1: ye Bentley kitne ki hai? (How much does this Bentley cost?)
Me, My Friend and Sales Rep:
Sales Rep: Sir, this is Beetle, not Bentley.
Guy 1: Haan Haan, ek hi baat hai (It's one and the same thing)

Guy 1 then went on to check out the Polo.

Guy 1: Gaadi achhi hai but andar se hep nahi hai; kal main Chevrolet gaya tha, unki JAZZ andar se mast dikhti hai (The car looks good but the interiors are not trendy; I had been to Chevrolet yesterday and their JAZZ had cool interiors).

Just then a pantry boy walked up and showed all of us to a round table where tea was served. We started discussing Swift vs Punto vs Polo, Fortuner vs Innova, new generation diesel engines etc.

Guy 1 (pointing towards me): aap caaron ke baare mein kaafi jaante hai (You know quite a bit about cars)
Sales Rep: He's member of Team-BHP.
Guy 1: Team-BHP...achha wo racing company?(Team-BHP, the racing company?)
Guy 2 to Guy 1: yaar, chup kar ja please (Please keep quiet).

We finished our tea, thanked the sales rep, walked out of the showroom and burst into laughter.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:49   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
He even tried convincing 2 stroke Bullets existed... Am enjoying this therad....
Ajay, its your turn to get surprised
For a brief period, enfield tried to sell a mini-bullet which had a 2 stroke engine. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1171996

My uncle in Mysore used to drive one. I know it was maintained well, drive quality was good but it used to spit smoke like an old railway engine!! He later donated to somebody because no body was ready to buy!!
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:21   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Venue: Kashyap Vehicle Works, Noida
Subject: VW Polo TD
Date: 24th April 2010

My friend and I had just returned from the TD and were talking to the sales rep when a male duo (Guy1 and Guy 2) joined us and started inquiring the sales rep about The New Polo.

All of a sudden Guy 1 opened the door of the new Beetle and the following exhange happened:

Guy 1: ye Bentley kitne ki hai? (How much does this Bentley cost?)
Sales Rep: Sir, this is Beetle, not Bentley.
Guy 1: Haan Haan, ek hi baat hai (It's one and the same thing)

Guy 1 then went on to check out the Polo.

Guy 1: Gaadi achhi hai but andar se hep nahi hai; kal main Chevrolet gaya tha, unki JAZZ andar se mast dikhti hai (The car looks good but the interiors are not trendy; I had been to Chevrolet yesterday and their JAZZ had cool interiors).

Just then a pantry boy walked up and showed all of us to a round table where tea was served. We started discussing Swift vs Punto vs Polo, Fortuner vs Innova, new generation diesel engines etc.

Guy 1 (pointing towards me): aap caaron ke baare mein kaafi jaante hai (You know quite a bit about cars)
Sales Rep: He's member of Team-BHP.
Guy 1: Team-BHP...achha wo racing company?(Team-BHP, the racing company?)
Guy 2 to Guy 1: yaar, chup kar ja please (Please keep quiet).

We finished our tea, thanked the sales rep, walked out of the showroom and burst into laughter.
They made your day, in process of pulling leg of the SP. I feel they were pretending to be Fools in Dealership. Somehow these people have graduated from electronics to cars.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:23   #314
Senior - BHPian

A Hyundai salesman told me that i10 comes with "bigger" tyres because Hyundai's policy is "safety first". I asked him what tyres the i10 comes with, and he had no clue. He just said "normal tyres but big".

At a Tata (Fiat) showroom I enquired at what RPM the peak torque is delivered in the Punto, and the reply was "There are no such problems, no need to worry".
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:27   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
A Hyundai salesman told me that i10 comes with "bigger" tyres because Hyundai's policy is "safety first". I asked him what tyres the i10 comes with, and he had no clue. He just said "normal tyres but big".

At a Tata (Fiat) showroom I enquired at what RPM the peak torque is delivered in the Punto, and the reply was "There are no such problems, no need to worry".
You made my day. Absolutely hilarious. "Normal tyres but big", what crap !!. LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks