Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 15:05   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Not just in car dealerships, but noticed on a certain Indian car research website...

Automated Car Recommendations, Recommend me a Car - CarWale.com

Apparently CarWale.com also thinks ABS stands for Anti Braking System (ABS) (under the heading "I want these special features") ...

Very True!
I guess the companies should try to comeup with an alternative name to ABS!!

else it will be called Anti braking system only! lol! Jai Ho!
Old 30th August 2010, 15:14   #347
BHPian

I too wonder why they didn't name it ALBS. It would have been more appropriate and easy to expand correctly.

Murthy
Old 30th August 2010, 15:47   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

It would have become an acronym, instead of an abreviation. A bit clumsy, but there are worse: we would be saying "albs"!

The TLA rules, eh?
Old 30th August 2010, 17:01   #349
BHPian

SX4_automatic transmission

Well Went to Bagga link at Patparganj Industrila Area. Had given my SX-4 for service and there was some delay in Getting the car on time so thought of taking a Test Drive of the new SX-4 with Auto transmission.

Well i did not read the Broucher before taking the car out and i asked the sales guy sitting next to me Why did you not tell me that when we drive a auto tranmission car the left foot is not supposed to be used. The guy simply replied this is the first time i am taking this car for a test drive. I Do not know that i mostly deal with Smaller cars.

Okay Now i put the gear lever to drive and i noticed that at that postion it moves left and right and the display shows Gear 3 and drive. I aging ask him how mant gears that car has and he say sir if you want to use 3 gear you put this side and you want to drive you put the other side.

Any way had a run in the car and came back and told the Broucher and realised that it was 4 gear auto transmission. Went to the Guy at the sales counter and told him about the guy who was with me during test drive. Guess what his Answer was

SIR this cas has 4 transmissions in the car and they are automatic.
I explined a car can have only one transmission and he was so sure of it that he said sir i know more about this car and it has 4 transmission. Than Suddenly one of their guys came and asked him to keep quite and told him that what i was saying was right and.

Now you guys know what SX-4 Stands for .....lol
gsb350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:44   #350
BHPian

This following incident happened when I went to the Maruti Dealership at Malda (WB), with a cousin, to check out a Wagon-R for him.

We had a long discussion on the offers and freebies. Now, the SP (Aseem) seemed to be a new joinee and he became nervous at every single question. Each time he left his seat and went to some senior person to find out answers, to come back and parrot it out.

Now, while discussing the deal, at a certain demand of ours, he said that only the sales manager (whome he addressed as Bimaan Sir) would be able to confirm, but he was on leave. So we asked him to call up this person. He got tensed to death and started sweating at this. But somehow he gathered the guts to make the call, which went as follows:

SP (Aseem) : makes the call; phone rings; Aseem perspires;

Manager ( Bimaan Sir) : Hello !

SP (Aseem) : Hello, Aseem !
Ami Bimaan Sir Bolchhi...

(Translate : Hello Aseem ! Biman Sir here...)

We :

-------------------------------------------------------
Note : The guy, while making the call to his manager, got confused and swapped his own identity with the manager. I felt bad for the poor chap.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 23rd September 2010 at 17:48.
SilkDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2010, 12:11   #351
Team-BHP Support

Bad roads kill swanky cars | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-10-20

Quote:
Uneven surfaces and too many pits, result in engine damage. And during the rains, the engine gets drenched. “Because of clogging, water often enters the engine,” explains N. Gopal from the servicing team of Mahavir Motors, adding, “This makes it extremely taxing on the battery as it starts the car with more load than usual. Sometimes when water levels start rising water gets sucked up and enters the air conditioner tube, which damages other parts.”
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2010, 12:29   #352
Senior - BHPian

Wow...

"Water often enters the engine" ??? ... and that is simply solved by the battery working harder ?? LOL!!

Also....

"Costly affair
* With their low suspenders, luxury cars are unfit for pothole ridden roads."

Last edited by AbhiJ : 21st October 2010 at 12:33.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2010, 13:01   #353
Senior - BHPian

ROFLMAO. Who is this mahaan guy? Water often enters engine!!And it starts!! Baap re baap!!
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:38   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
This following incident happened when I went to the Maruti Dealership at Malda (WB), with a cousin, to check out a Wagon-R for him.

We had a long discussion on the offers and freebies. Now, the SP (Aseem) seemed to be a new joinee and he became nervous at every single question. Each time he left his seat and went to some senior person to find out answers, to come back and parrot it out.

Now, while discussing the deal, at a certain demand of ours, he said that only the sales manager (whome he addressed as Bimaan Sir) would be able to confirm, but he was on leave. So we asked him to call up this person. He got tensed to death and started sweating at this. But somehow he gathered the guts to make the call, which went as follows:

SP (Aseem) : makes the call; phone rings; Aseem perspires;

Manager ( Bimaan Sir) : Hello !

SP (Aseem) : Hello, Aseem !
Ami Bimaan Sir Bolchhi...

(Translate : Hello Aseem ! Biman Sir here...)

We :

-------------------------------------------------------
Note : The guy, while making the call to his manager, got confused and swapped his own identity with the manager. I felt bad for the poor chap.

Your narration of the incident was awesome! captured the hilarious moment very well. Thanks for the laughs
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:47   #355
BHPian

We had this Hyundai road show in our company campus. I was looking at the Verna. The sales guy says.

Sales - Sir, 100 BHP Power.
Me - Interesting, what safety features does such a powerful car have?
Sales - It has ABS.
Me - How abt Air Bags?
Sales - ABS idre Air Bags beda sir !! (no need of Air Bags as it has ABS)
Me - Ok Sir.

Rgds
Suhas
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:24   #356
BHPian

Latest from kht motors day before yesterday. I took my parents just to give them a feel of rear crampness in Linea, wanted to know if they are ok.

Enters a salesguy, who after 30 sec realised to shake hands (forgotten what taught in the training). I sat in the linea and asked him when the T-jet is coming to blore.

The guy says, "Sir T-jet is a Tata jet engine, it is there in Manja. It will take some time to come in Linea" ..

I felt pity for this guy and for his betterI started blasting at him. I told him to do some homework before making a fool of himself.

The managers enters and he starts serving me. I asked him about T-Jet launch. He said, "Sir 2012, or maybe later".

By the time I would start kicking him off, my dad entered and he came to know that the manager hails from our countryside. Holy cow, my dad and mom started talking about his home, his parents etc.etc. and this guy was happily explaining it. I had no option but to disapperar.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:18   #357
Senior - BHPian

Overheard a sales guy explaining to a customer at a Concorde outlet in Hyderabad : Common Rail Diesel Ignition !

When inquired about the tyre life on Camper (235/75/15) back in 2002, the guy nonchalantly said : 4000 kilometres
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:11   #358
BHPian

Placed a test drive request for Hyundai i20 CRDi on their website. Got a call from Capital Hyundai Noida. Here's the translated conversation:

SP: Hello sir, I am Shaaqib from Capital hyundai, you want to buy Santro
I: No, I registered for i20 CRDi

SP: Oh! which one do you want Petrol or Diesel
I: I said CRDi, it's diesel I guess

SP: Ok sir, you want diesel but Hyundai has not sent Hyundai i20 Diesel Test Drive cars to any of the dealers across the country.
I: What nonsense! how are people buying it then.

SP: Without test driving it sir. Will you not buy without doing a TD?
I: No way

SP: Hmm! Ok sir, I'll send you a petrol one.
I: But I want to buy a diesel, why would I TD a petrol one?

SP: Sir, hardly matters, both of 'em are same.

I:

SP: Ok sir, which variant in CRDi do you intend to purchase?
SP: (Before I could say Asta) Because Verna is also there na

I:

SP: Why don't you drop by our place and I'll get you a TD
I: But didn't you say that there are no TD cars?

SP: Yes sir, but there are two i20 diesel in workshop driven in for service, I'll arrange one for you.
I: How could you offer someone else's car for TD

SP: Kya farq padta hai sir (How does it matter to you sir?)
I: Thanks and hung up

Gosh! that gives another glimpse of unethical practices at dealers
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:20   #359
BHPian

^^ Arrogance seems to run amuck at Hyundai dealers apparently. Got a call from MR Hyundai, Ghaziabad, which is a brand new dealership, so I'd imagined their SP's would be trying their best to convince people to buy a Hyundai. A really rude lady calls me up at first, and then transfers the call to a SP, to whom I ask about the discounts available on the new i10 1.2. He says there are none. I reply that Capital Hyundai, Noida is ready to offer me upto 10k in exchange. He says, and I quote, "Sir doosre kya offer kar rahe hain isse mujhe kuch farak nahin padta. Gaadi leni ho to bolo, warna..." I decided to hang up at the "warna" word. Have any of these so called salesmen heard of a word called "commission" perhaps?
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:29   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Not just in car dealerships, but noticed on a certain Indian car research website...

Automated Car Recommendations, Recommend me a Car - CarWale.com

Apparently CarWale.com also thinks ABS stands for Anti Braking System (ABS) (under the heading "I want these special features") ...
I guess they were referring to this gadget -
Anti Brake system

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks