Team-BHP - Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/67938-comedy-errors-indian-dealerships.html)

(All the points that I am typing are 100 percent correct.)
Will just go to some points that salesperson mentioned when I went as a "serious" buyer of i20 crdi at samara hyundai, defence colony, Delhi:Totally made my day! Samara, kindly train your executives.

Fantastic.

The tyres are a tight fit on the rims!
Where did he find the figure of 80? The bhp is not 80, nor the torque.
160 inches... the i20 is the best off roader ever!!

Its better to say "I dont know" rather than talk nonsense...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1544121)
  • sir, tyres are 15" and alloys are 16"
  • GC is 160 inches!

I like this. :)

OT.While Xylo shopping the sales people I have been speaking to were quite well versed in the product, company et all.
Presumably they were trained quite well prior launch, which I think is very good.

IMO, the salesperson can either kill or make the deal. In this case he has tortured, teased and killed it.

lol!! :D

btw I went to Rishabh Hyundai, Okhla asking for i20 1.2 and was asking for engine options in i20 manual petrol.

Dealership guy - Sir, its available in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 manual petrol!!
Me : :eek:

Also he had no knowledge of the tech specs or anything on the car! lol

Inspite of such executives with beautiful wisdom, i20 sells like hot cakes. Why should Hyundai worry?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 1544173)
Dealership guy - Sir, its available in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 manual petrol!!
Me : :eek:

Thank God that you didnt asked him any further, as I am sure the next thing that he would have communicated to you would had been...

Sir ji all mentioned 4 engine variants are available in both Petrol and Diesel. You see, its custome made for different customers.

[quote=sidindica;1544121 sir, tyres are 15" and alloys are 16"
[/quote]

And are all the four tyres the same size, or is the left 15" and the right side, hopefully 18"? :uncontrol

I was told by a Maruti salesman that the Swift DDiS does not have a turbo. He said it has a 'pressure valve' when I asked him about the surge after 2000 rpm. I am surprised these guys manage to sell any cars at all.

Aah that makes me remember my visit to Sanya just opposite to samhara in def col, it was year 2000 or so and for matiz(now they sell tata)

I was behind the wheels (test ride) and this lady (sales agent) was talking too much good about acceleration and handling. Just to keep her mouth shut i asked "Maam, is car ki 0-100 timing kya hai", for a while she was quite, then i explained her from rest if i accelerate in what time will it reach speed of 100KMPH, and the answer i got was :
"Instant, the moment you press accelerator it will"

Quote:

Will just go to some points that salesperson mentioned when I went as a "serious" buyer of i20 crdi at samara hyundai, defence colony, Delhi:
  • power is 80 nm torque.
  • our car has 16v DOHC design, punto MJD doesn't.
  • another person:sir, I don't know anything about punto but only about my product.
  • GC is 160 inches!
  • sir, let me get the brochure while first asking for engine tech specs..
Totally made my day! Samara, kindly train your executives.

Nice one Sid. I think they went through country wise catalogues of i20 and reached different specs of tyres and alloys. By the way, Samara is in Lajpat Nagar II, not Defence Colony.

Quote:

Will just go to some points that salesperson mentioned when I went as a "serious" buyer of i20 crdi at samara hyundai, defence colony, Delhi:
  • power is 80 nm torque.
  • another person:sir, I don't know anything about punto but only about my product.
  • GC is 160 inches!
  • sir, let me get the brochure while first asking for engine tech specs..
Totally made my day! Samara, kindly train your executives.

You are lucky you got some answers Sid! When I went to Samara in late June 2009 to see the i20 1.2, all I got was a ROYAL IGNORE from the sales guy. Firstly they did not have a display car (forget TD) and then on top of it, he was not prepared to answer any of my questions. He even told me that I would have to book a car and wait for 6-8 weeks to even get a glimpse. Needless to say, I went on to book a Punto MJD emotion pack only 30 minutes after I walked out fuming from there.

It happens most of the times i visit a car dealership.

Mod, can this thread be remaned as "Comedy of Errors - Indian Delaership" :D

I am sure we all had experienced these kind of information from sales staff

Experience at Maruti Suzuki Showroom

Dealer - Sai Service Andheri
Car - SX4
Query asked - How much is torque
Answer - 100 (no unit)

Quote:

• power is 80 nm torque.
  • GC is 160 inches!

LOL! Too much! You should have recorded it on a spy cam or something and then uploaded it to Youtube. It would have been a definite sleeper hit! :)

Cheers,
Vikram

:uncontrol Link this to official joke thread also..!

The sales people here are better off I guess. Today I went to book a Linea Emotion MJD, and the sales guy knew about the 1.6MJD which may be there in Lineas in future. He explained the tire sizes and the wheel sizes in all variants of Punto and Linea really well. I was impressed when he told about the Microsoft collaboration in developing Blue&Me for Fiat!