Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:07   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shre78 View Post
"Saw an ad in yesterday's TOI saying an exchange bonus of 25k for SX4. May be it was this that the dealer was referring to. "

The exchange bonus is applicable if you want to sell off your existing Maruti car and take a new one. I went to Mandovi Motors (Bangalore) and got my car evaluated (Maruti Swift). Over and above the price of my old car, the dealer offered me an exchange bonus of 25K for buying a new Maruti car. I think this applies for all maruti cars (selling old maruti to TrueValue and buying a new one).
I was out of station for a few days, and upon return today saw these posts on this thread. Talked to someone I know who said that the loyalty bonus has indeed been introduced in Lucknow also, however its SX4 specific. You can exchange the old SX4 with the new VVT SX4 for a loyalty bonus. There was a hope that Maruti may extend this loyalty bonus to other cars as well on buying an SX4. But I did not read the news item myself.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:14   #197
BHPian

Any news on SX4 diesel? I am hoping it will come in 2010 with auto transmission option.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:24   #198
BHPian

[quote=ACM;1596748]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Linea might make sense for you, the Fiesta BXIV or BSIII is not really a concern for the buyer but is something that the manufacturer has to think about and circumvent to continue selling the car. It is an added cost for the manufacturer but normally of no benifit to the buyer in terms of power etc.
@ACM: AFAIK, I will face a problem if I try to sell and register a BS3 car in Tier 1 cities after 2015. For eg: after April 2010 registering a BS2 car in tier 1 cities wont be allowed and when BS5 comes in (current schedule probably 2015), the same rules will apply for older BS3 vehicles. So I can buy and use a BS3 car now and all fine for 5 years. After that if I want to upgrade, I may face issues or then will need to sell in smaller city.
Old 28th November 2009, 16:58   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
I was out of station for a few days, and upon return today saw these posts on this thread. Talked to someone I know who said that the loyalty bonus has indeed been introduced in Lucknow also, however its SX4 specific. You can exchange the old SX4 with the new VVT SX4 for a loyalty bonus. There was a hope that Maruti may extend this loyalty bonus to other cars as well on buying an SX4. But I did not read the news item myself.
Hello VIVPRASAD, so you also belong to lucknow, good got a TBHP fellow in the city as well, great
Old 28th November 2009, 17:40   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Any news on SX4 diesel? I am hoping it will come in 2010 with auto transmission option.
it is unlikely that sx4 will come with a diesal as it'll have to source the engine from fiat ,whenever it'll introduce 1.6 multijet. secondly, maruti is running full capacity in production of engines for swift and dzire. adding sx4 to it will increase the pressure.
Old 28th November 2009, 18:01   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hello VIVPRASAD, so you also belong to lucknow, good got a TBHP fellow in the city as well, great
Thanks Ruchir, yeah I too am here. Don't see very many Lucknowites on the Team, though there are several who belong to Lucknow but are posted/serving in other cities.

The white SX4 ZXi I have booked is due in another 10-12 days. Its an exciting (nervous?) wait.
Old 29th November 2009, 09:15   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ruchir, yeah I too am here. Don't see very many Lucknowites on the Team, though there are several who belong to Lucknow but are posted/serving in other cities.

The white SX4 ZXi I have booked is due in another 10-12 days. Its an exciting (nervous?) wait.
Good, i am also planning for a white fiesta in jan 2010, or may be if some good offer comes on the way, i will book it in december as well.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:42   #203
Senior - BHPian

personally i feel that the rear leg room is excellent in SX4 compared to any other car.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:35   #204
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=shreeps;1600069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

@ACM: AFAIK, I will face a problem if I try to sell and register a BS3 car in Tier 1 cities after 2015. For eg: after April 2010 registering a BS2 car in tier 1 cities wont be allowed and when BS5 comes in (current schedule probably 2015), the same rules will apply for older BS3 vehicles. So I can buy and use a BS3 car now and all fine for 5 years. After that if I want to upgrade, I may face issues or then will need to sell in smaller city.
Have seen this interpretation on the BS4 thread as well, but as AFAIU&K, that will not be a problem, the regualtion pertains only to new car registations, else just image what would happen if someone wanted to register a Classic or Vintage car in a any of the towns in India.

Registations of older cars cannot be prohibited in any region except if it a commercial use vehicle.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:49   #205
BHPian

My dealer gave me a call this morning informing me of a 25k cash discount. This discount is over and above the the loyalty bonus/exchange bonus. This offer is for sx's bought on or after dec 1st.
We got our sx in mid november but the dealer was kind enough to call up and inform me that they'll give me the 25k cash back as ours was the first vvt in m'lore and they didnt want us to feel like we got a bad deal.
I called up Mandovi and the sales guys werent even aware of this.
I would recommend Bharath autocar to anyone contemplating buying a maruti in mangalore. The service is better than the other dealers and the discounts/freebies they give is good as well!!!
Cheers!
Old 1st December 2009, 23:05   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
My dealer gave me a call this morning informing me of a 25k cash discount. This discount is over and above the the loyalty bonus/exchange bonus. This offer is for sx's bought on or after dec 1st.
We got our sx in mid november but the dealer was kind enough to call up and inform me that they'll give me the 25k cash back as ours was the first vvt in m'lore and they didnt want us to feel like we got a bad deal.
I called up Mandovi and the sales guys werent even aware of this.
I would recommend Bharath autocar to anyone contemplating buying a maruti in mangalore. The service is better than the other dealers and the discounts/freebies they give is good as well!!!
Cheers!
Strange that one dealer would know and the other not. And I must compliment the dealer for calling himself and offering the discount, since in all probability this discount would have to be borne by the dealer since the car was purchased in November and the discount is effective December 1 onwards.

My SX4 ZXi is due to come in the week 7-12 December. Lets see what discounts I am able to get here. Hope the discounts are across the country and not specific to States.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:49   #207
BHPian

25k cash discount over and above other discounts!

Quote:
Strange that one dealer would know and the other not. And I must compliment the dealer for calling himself and offering the discount, since in all probability this discount would have to be borne by the dealer since the car was purchased in November and the discount is effective December 1 onwards.

My SX4 ZXi is due to come in the week 7-12 December. Lets see what discounts I am able to get here. Hope the discounts are across the country and not specific to States.
Maybe one dealer wants to pass on the discount while the other doesnt. 60% of the discount will have to be borne by the dealer.
The manager told me that in my case, the dealership will have to bare the 25k ghaata and not Maruti. I am not sure how far this is true though.

Congrats on a great buy!
This discount is across the country as per my dealer. Make sure you push the sales rep and get the discount. The dealers arent quite happy about this as its eating into their profit. Give your sales rep a call today itself and find out!

Last edited by james : 2nd December 2009 at 14:51.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:55   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Maybe one dealer wants to pass on the discount while the other doesnt. 60% of the discount will have to be borne by the dealer.
The manager told me that in my case, the dealership will have to bare the 25k ghaata and not Maruti. I am not sure how far this is true though.

Congrats on a great buy!
This discount is across the country as per my dealer. Make sure you push the sales rep and get the discount. The dealers arent quite happy about this as its eating into their profit. Give your sales rep a call today itself and find out!
Had a talk with the dealer today. They are offering 20K. Lets see if I am able to bring him down further next week. This discount will be over and above the loyalty bonus, and the exchange price of my old M 800 (1987), which will not be valued much.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:22   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Had a talk with the dealer today. They are offering 20K. Lets see if I am able to bring him down further next week. This discount will be over and above the loyalty bonus, and the exchange price of my old M 800 (1987), which will not be valued much.
Viv, Dont sell your 800 to true value! The prices they offer are rubbish! Is the 800 in your name? If yes, then tell them that you want to keep he 800 for your wife or someone and tell them that you want the full 25k returning customer 'Loyalty bonus' that Maruti is offering!! TV will quote atleast 10-15k less for your 800 as compared to market price. You will need to give them a copy of the current RC, insurance and ID proof.

Over that bargain for the 25k(bro saw an advert in the local daily saying 30k) cash discount that Maruti is giving all their post Dec 1st sx4 customers irrespective of them being a returning customer/selling their old car to true value!
Plus bargain for stuff like free tints, MGA mats for cabin and boot. if you can get more outta them, try to do so!! Some dealers say that the mudflaps are complimentory but this isnt true! Maruti sends the new sx with mud flaps from the factory itself!
Please bargain hard! The dealers arent doing you a favour by selling you the car. They make huge profit on the sx.
All the best mate! Hope you get your hands on this beautiful machine!
Old 6th December 2009, 12:31   #210

In Bangalore, the dealers are offering the following discounts:
1. General discount: Rs. 25,000/-
2. Corporate Discount: Rs. 4,000/-

If you are based in Bangalore and planning to buy a Maruti car in next couple of months, let's join hands and negotiate with the dealers as a group. I am sure we can get a better deal this way.

Please send me a private message with your contact details.

Regards,

Atul
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks