Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 19:05   #121
BHPian

Why there is no Red and Sunlight copper colors ? I think Sunlight copper was one of the best selling next to Silver, Black, White.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:35   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Why there is no Red and Sunlight copper colors ? I think Sunlight copper was one of the best selling next to Silver, Black, White.
Yes, the Copper coloured SX4 is one of the best looking ones. Even the Swift is also very good looking in that colour!
Old 30th October 2009, 23:46   #123
BHPian

Hi,

Those are some really nice pictures of the new SX4. I bought my SX4 a year ago and I really love my car except for a few internal cabin noises that have started to make its presence! Has anyone who has the older SX4 checked out the new one? I'd love to hear a comparison in terms of how different it feels - power/torque/engine smoothness/aesthetics wise!

cheers,
San
Old 31st October 2009, 01:03   #124
BHPian

Unlike other marutis, SX4 has less FE. Any idea of what kind of FE this new engine will get?
Old 1st November 2009, 10:58   #125
BHPian

If I am not mistaken, the FE of the new engine will be around 15.5 kmpl under standard conditions.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:03   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
If I am not mistaken, the FE of the new engine will be around 15.5 kmpl under standard conditions.

I have the NON VVTi SX4 it gives me around 8.5 kmpl in the city, 100% A/C, with frequent trips to the red line, the car has run roughly 3700 kms.

The mileage for this NON VVTi version, under standard test conditions was quoted at 15.0 kmpl.

Looking at the difference of 0.5 kmpl between the VVTi and NON VVTi.

One can safely assume that the difference' would not be much.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the NON VVTi SX4 it gives me around 8.5 kmpl in the city, 100% A/C, with frequent trips to the red line, the car has run roughly 3700 kms.

The mileage for this NON VVTi version, under standard test conditions was quoted at 15.0 kmpl.

Looking at the difference of 0.5 kmpl between the VVTi and NON VVTi.

One can safely assume that the difference' would not be much.
I think the problem lies in the fact that this VVT engine only varies the timing and not the lift.

Even the VVT-i engine from Toyota is limited to timing alone.

So this setup prob doesn't allow the engine to be as frugal as other engines that use a combination of valve timing and valve lift (VTEC, i-VTEC, VVTL-i etc).

Shan2nu
Old 1st November 2009, 13:34   #128
BHPian

I have a May 09 model of SX4, which on my mumbai-delhi-mumbai trip, with 100% AC gave me a mileage of 11.5 KMPL, where the claim of the company was 11 kmpl under standard conditions. So lets hope the new model lives up to the claim of the company's FE.
Old 1st November 2009, 14:16   #129
BHPian

My Black SX4 has just completed 2000 kms.The last FE I got was 12kmpl with 100% AC on.

Not sure about the poor FE.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:36   #130
Senior - BHPian

Guys! Nobody has taken a TD so far? I was eagerly waiting for couple of reviews from T-Bhpians, of course, one from the Mods. But everyone seems to be disinterested. I was thinking that if general public also ignores the new SX4, it could well be the end of the road. Comments?
Old 1st November 2009, 22:59   #131
BHPian

I have a 3 month new SX4. Last FE figure was 11.8 KM/Ltr with 25% AC on, with normal driving. My drives are shorter around 9-10 KM in city traffic. I was getting a better FE of around 12.5 KM/Ltr before first service. Not sure why it is reduced after the service?
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:52   #132
BHPian

sid you are my SCOOP-A-MAN !! thanks for the info. we all appreciate your hard work and efforts.

as far as the new Sx4 automatic is concerned i would have a look at it definetaly and it might just be my next car. . did they gave it a new bodykit. its looks a lot sportier damn the men really are back!!

one thing i wonder is that would this facelift have a change in perception and prices (used sx4 ) for indian consumers. will the price for the old sx4 go down in the used car market??

Last edited by Caramelo : 2nd November 2009 at 00:56.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:28   #133
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Technically, 5 speed paddle shifts may sound superior over the 4 speed Auto boxes; however most (99%) folks prefer the 'D' mode and let the auto boxes do the needful.
Hyundais & Toyotas still sell the 4 speed ones?

Engine power and refinement, yes. SX4 gets beaten by the City.
The 5 speed Auto box is without any question more refined, more fuel effecient and allows for smoother shifts. The paddle shift may never be used and are frankly not worth the extra money required, but the 5 speed is a different story and definately worth the extra cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
I don't think it has moved any segment down. By pricing it higher, Honda has has only moved the ANHC a segment higher. At 2 lakhs less, it is still a great VFM car.
Honda has moved the ANHC a segment higher in terms of pricing and product both, leaving the SX4 that was introduced to compete mainly with the segment leader NHC a segment lower. ANHC has not only moved a 1/2 segment higher but has also taken the segment users that 1/2 segment higher so more ANHC are sold than Verna, SX4, Linea, Fiesta put together. Hence it is perfectly fair to state that the SX4 is left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
Dream on. In standard conditions don't expect more than 12 Max.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:34   #134
BHPian

sx4 AT is refined

One of my friend have driven the new sx4 automatic. He said its very refined and peppy. Also he praised the A/C and the music player.Heis is impressed and booked one. BTW,guys as many sx4 owners said FE of sx4 is on par with competitors and 12kmpl for a sedan i really good. Can you post FE of SX4 competitors.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:20   #135
BHPian

Hmm - a mixed bag of comments from the members I see.
Looking to buy a sedan and have shortlisted

SX4
Linea
Manza

Would have liked to consider the City but I just don't think paying 2 lakhs extra over the sx4 is worth the H badge.

Waiting to see if any of the mods take a test drive/review and give their comments.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed