Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 23:36   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvvictor View Post
SX4 Automatic is very sensitively priced. Guys, do see the value for money. Especially when competitors are priced greedily. Is there any new colours launched? SX4 customers can throw some light comparing their brochures with these spec

French eclair & oyster blue are the two new shades available.
Old 27th October 2009, 09:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) K series is right now available only in 1242cc max. The higher capacity K series are expected to debut in Next generation Swift.

2) NO. K series is a new engine series from Suzuki. Original Zen had G10, Esteem G13 ( and now even Swift ), Baleno had G16.

SX4 comes with M16, an M series motor. Other engine of M series are M15 ( some putting out 110 bhp in Ignis ) M13 and M18.

VVT is Variable Valve Technology. Honda calls it VTEC, Toyota calls its CVVT,now valvematic, etc. All these technologies function in a different way, but their main aim is similar. Different manufacturers have different names for it.
I was expecting a Diesel Engine too to give threat to competitors, as I believed Maruthi's price tags will bring it to Top10 sales. They failed this time too.

BTW, The 10 spokes alloy wheels look very nice than the older one.

Last edited by agbenny : 27th October 2009 at 10:01.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:01   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I was expecting a Diesel Engine too to give threat to competitors, as I believed Maruthi's price tags will bring it to Top10 sales. They failed this time too.
The only option they have is the MJD which comes in the Vista,Manza,Swift,Dezire,Stilo and Punto !

And sadly, SX4 would need the unrestricted 90bhp 1.3MJD which wont happen.

Two great cars, viz, Cedia and SX4 sells low coz they dont have a diesel engine,
Old 27th October 2009, 10:24   #79
Senior - BHPian

I saw the ad today advertising an AT for SX4. What kind is this.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

There was a very small news about the launch of changed SX4 in the business section of TOI today
Old 27th October 2009, 10:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) K series is right now available only in 1242cc ...
Excellent reply aaggoswami. Many people were contemplating for K-Series and Diesel engine. Even in thread "SX4 production shut down due to Engine Change", very few people were expecting VVT engine.

Anyway VVT is also proved technology and better part is it would not dent on pocket due to it excellent mileage record of petrol.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:22   #82
BHPian

at least from the pictures they seem to have fixed the rear seat bulge in the middle which made it difficult to fit in 3 people. but need to see it to confirm.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:36   #83
BANNED

The new website for SX4 shows the interior to be a light shade of brown / chocolate with matching steering wheel which looks pleasant in the picture (from SX4's website). But the first pictures posted in our website still showed a grey tone... which is true ?

Still the HU seems to stick out odd in its old Grey color. !!
Old 27th October 2009, 13:04   #84
Senior - BHPian

i still feel what maruti lacks is giving diesel engine in sx4 to top charts, manza,linea,anhc would then see the competition.Maruti please bring the diesel engine as well.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a very well written strategy from maruti wherein the whole launch is divided into 3 steps

1. Launch SX4
2. Launch SX4 with AT transmission
3. Launch SX4 with diesel engine

The price increases step by step. A big increase for getting AT transmission, another marginal increase for getting diesel engine
Old 27th October 2009, 13:55   #86
BHPian

I read many people saying NHC is more FE then SX4
To me its not true, truth is both cars give better FE when driven in idle conditions.

Two of my friends had purchased NHC in last few months, one is getting FE of 10 KMPL and another is getting 14KMPL.

And in my SX4, that I have purchased Sep 2009, I clocked 16 KMLP in idle conditions and 11 KMPL during Diwali traffic.

And I am sure with new VVT technology, people would be able to get better FE in SX4 when driven properly in right RPM/speed.

No body can expect good FE from any car when driven at high speeds or during office traffic.
And both cars has their + and - points
Old 27th October 2009, 14:25   #87
BHPian

am guessing the oyster blue colour would look good with the OE body kit (influenced by the fiesta 1.6 S??). cant wait to see if the vvt has improved the drivability, i never liked the sx4's bottom end response
Old 27th October 2009, 15:48   #88
BHPian

So no diesel launched ? I dont think the "new" SX4 will make any dent in ANHC sales . Adding an auto box would not swing the sales away from the ANHC to the SX4 , and the ANHC being 1 A Honda 2 More powerful 3 as fuel efficient would in all probability would maintain its sales lead IMHO.
However the new engine etc could and should bring more buyers than the now "old" SX4 was getting .
Old 27th October 2009, 15:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

I think SX4 never made any Dent to NHC or ANHC sale, it just took away some part of sale, with ANHC in market, SX4 just lost that share, and with new version, it will atleast take back that share, still selling much less than ANHC.

And looking at quality comparison and brand image, Maruti should be happy getting back the share instead taking over ANHC
Old 27th October 2009, 17:08   #90
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

SX4 has effectively moved a 1/2 segment down. From being a competitor to City (NHC) it is now clearly a level below the ANHC, wrt to interior quality, Auto 4vs 5 speed paddle shift, Engine power etc. Gets beaten in almost all aspects except perhaps the ride hight and Climate control.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks