Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 17:27   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i wonder how the french eclair color would look on the SX4. its looks similar to the bakers chocolate on the Ritz! never seen one for real. if you guys have any pics it would be wonderful.
the pic is actually there a few pages back in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1553604-post111.html

Last edited by blackasta : 8th November 2009 at 17:31.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:57   #152
BHPian

@ACM, gvvictor, marathp. Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I guess I will open a new thread with my questions on the What Car forum instead of being OT on this.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:21   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
4. Contrary to various opinions here on the rear visibility from inner rear view mirror, I found it is quite adequate. (Many people here have mentioned it is almist nil which is not true - I am 5'6")
I have absolutely no problems with the rear visibility,more so after the new back headrests.

Quote:
5. The A-Pillar has a bigger triangular openings which actually helps the right turn and it is not so true that A-Pillar blocks the visibility. (Only static observation as of now. Will post the actual once I take a TD next week).
Couldnt agree more.The triangular opening helps me a lot but some people found that visibility is blocked.

Quote:
2. There is a bottle holder in each door but can accommodate till 750 ml bottle.
Are you sure about this?I normally keep the 1L mineral water bottles in the holder and it fits in.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post

Couldnt agree more.The triangular opening helps me a lot but some people found that visibility is blocked.
Of course, triangaular opening helps to a good extent; But I feel it should have been better. In sharp right turns, we should be cautious that there is a blind spot and turn correctly..(of course, we can master it in no time) otherwise it may turn out to be disastrous.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Of course, triangaular opening helps to a good extent; But I feel it should have been better. In sharp right turns, we should be cautious that there is a blind spot and turn correctly..(of course, we can master it in no time) otherwise it may turn out to be disastrous.
I agree with you to a large extent.

Maybe now I have mastered that
Old 9th November 2009, 23:09   #156
oss
BHPian

Has anyone driven the new SX4 VVT yet? How is the performance?
Old 9th November 2009, 23:39   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I think its here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1566371-post141.html from this thread on Pg. 10.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:40   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out post no 141 and 143 on page no 10.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:48   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Hi OSS,
I just drove the SX4 VVT AT last friday for a brief 20 mins. It was on the outer ring road near marathalli bagalore. My observation is
  • The low end torque is really good to push the car 0-20 in just 2 -3 sec and thereafter the acceleration is too good (something which I find in my Santro and miss in some other petrol like Fiesta and Linea). I took it to 120 max as it was raining and the road was not quite empty. So engine performance wise i can say it has good low end torque and good high end power.
  • Brake is also very good, BUT the car did not stop in a straight line (may be because of rain or misalignment).
  • A-pillar visibility should not cause major problem (took a sharp u turn in between). And the reverse visibility through internal mirror is DEFINITELY not a problem.
  • Suspension is just too good with the 16" wheel. I took the car on an almost non-existing road with bumps around, it was doing good.
  • Seating height is very good for the road visibility.
  • There was lot of road noise with all windows closed. I am not sure if it was due to engine (i think may not be) or because of the stock tyres.
Will take a TD of the manual Transmission this Sunday for a longer period. Will post my experience.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:11   #160
oss
BHPian

Thanks guys.

Just when you ask a question on the performance and you get multiple replies of both the manual & AT performance. I low T-Bhp

Do post you MT feedback as well DigitalDragon.

As far the tyre noise is concerned it must be to do with the stupid JK Tyres that Maruti always sticks to.
Old 11th November 2009, 00:40   #161
BHPian

Quote:
As far the tyre noise is concerned it must be to do with the stupid JK Tyres that Maruti always sticks to.

Maruti really doesn't have a choice as these Crappy JK's cost half the amount in comparison to better brands.

Also the only problem with them is the tyre noise but apart from that an average buyer would not be able to differentiate. In fact an average buyer wouldn't even notice the noise.

If one ignore's the noise they are pretty decent everyday tyres.
Old 11th November 2009, 03:31   #162
BHPian

It depends with the lot of the car. I got my SX4 VXI in Sep 2009 with 15"Bridgestone Turanza
Old 11th November 2009, 07:58   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Hi OSS,
There was lot of road noise with all windows closed. I am not sure if it was due to engine (i think may not be) or because of the stock tyres.

I went to just over a 100 kmph during the TD but did not find the outside "sound" intrusive at all. In fact, as I said in my review post (no. 141 on this thread), I quite liked the steady drone that I heard. It added to the feel of driving a powerful car/engine.

I quite agree with the A frame viewpoint of some. It is not a problem.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:11   #164
Senior - BHPian

Today morning saw a new SX4 with light blue color (color which comes only in altis/innova I believe) To be honest car was looking bald. May be due color choice/non-tinted film.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:54   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Today morning saw a new SX4 with light blue color (color which comes only in altis/innova I believe) To be honest car was looking bald. May be due color choice/non-tinted film.
In the NDTV C&B show, they showed the oyster blue, but it doesn't look attractive as the Fiesta blue color, it's very light.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed