Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 14:01   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindtayal View Post
It depends with the lot of the car. I got my SX4 VXI in Sep 2009 with 15"Bridgestone Turanza
For some reason, all VXIs comes with bridgestone and ZXIs comes with JK tyres. May be for a cost reduction in ZXI?
Old 12th November 2009, 06:02   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindtayal View Post
It depends with the lot of the car. I got my SX4 VXI in Sep 2009 with 15"Bridgestone Turanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
For some reason, all VXIs comes with bridgestone and ZXIs comes with JK tyres. May be for a cost reduction in ZXI?
As the diameter of the rim increases so does the price of the tyre needed to wrap around it. (15 vs 16 inch)

Since the VXI comes with steel wheels + wheel caps and the ZXI comes with enkei alloys.

Its possible for them to give better rubber in the cheaper VXI variant.

As the alloys alone would cost almost 5 times more than the standard steel wheel rims.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:32   #168
BHPian

Tyre noise one of the primary reasons I exchanged the stock ones for Michelin Primacy LC.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:54   #169
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
VXI has a 15" tyre with steel rims,
ZXI has a 16" tyre with Alloy rims.

The JK's provided for 16" do not look great but are higher spec tyres than the Bridgestones in the 15". manufacturer tend to go for the L1 tyre that passes the spec provided. (L1 as in lowest cost 1). There is no Brand premium that any manufacturer is prepared to give.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:53   #170
BHPian

If i am not wrong, the engine change in SX4 was due to Euro norms. If this is true, then are we expecting engine change in Dzire too?

Experts please comment.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:04   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
If i am not wrong, the engine change in SX4 was due to Euro norms. If this is true, then are we expecting engine change in Dzire too?

Experts please comment.
Yup, the Swift-P and the DZire-P are expected to get the new K-Series engines shortly.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:08   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dzire and even Swift petrols should have an engine upgrade soon.

The new K series engine from Ritz should replace the old G series engines in both these cars!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th November 2009 at 15:11.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:15   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Yup, the Swift-P and the DZire-P are expected to get the new K-Series engines shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dzire and even Swift petrols should have an engine upgrade soon.

The new K series engine from Ritz should replace the old G series engines in both these cars!
Thanks for the quick response.

So no change in Diesel engine?

Why i asked this was, my sister is getting dzire Vdi delivered in this week. She had booked Ldi, after 45 days, dealer says they dont have stock and they have silver color only in Vdi. I was wondering, why no stock? Have they stopped the production of Dzire, same like Sx4 for engine change?

Just wanted to know, Is this the right time to buy Dzire Diesel?

Last edited by krishnathanthri : 12th November 2009 at 15:23.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response.

So no change in Diesel engine?

Why i asked this was, my sister is getting dzire Vdi delivered in this week. She had booked Ldi, after 45 days, dealer says they dont have stock and they have silver color only in Vdi. I was wondering, why no stock? Have they stopped the production of Dzire, same like Sx4 for engine change?

Just wanted to know, Is this the right time to buy Dzire Diesel?
Well there would be a change to the diesel engine, but only to its tuning (or calibration), as evidenced in the Bharat IV compliant Ritz. The swift diesel would lose some (a little, not much) of its sting, due to tighter emission standards.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:18   #175
Senior - BHPian

i went for a TD of SX4 VVT MT with Leather upholstery yesterday, and god its a good looking interiors than before and a more handsome of the lot,
but IMHO it is definitely not a VFM as it is costing 8.64 OTR, which is definetely on a bit higher side for a Maruti car, when there are other options available. so i dropped the plan of the new SX4 VVT
Old 16th November 2009, 10:49   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i went for a TD of SX4 VVT MT with Leather upholstery yesterday, and god its a good looking interiors than before and a more handsome of the lot,
but IMHO it is definitely not a VFM as it is costing 8.64 OTR, which is definetely on a bit higher side for a Maruti car, when there are other options available. so i dropped the plan of the new SX4 VVT
Could you please tell me which dealer in Lucknow has the factory fitted leather option SX4 ZXi MT vehicle
Old 16th November 2009, 12:00   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
Could you please tell me which dealer in Lucknow has the factory fitted leather option SX4 ZXi MT vehicle
All dealers will have the same as there is a separate variant - SX4 ZXi Leather.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:11   #178
Senior - BHPian

all of them have, maruti sx4 is coming in two variants with and without leather upholstery in MT and AT
Old 16th November 2009, 12:17   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Interesting perspective here.

You seem delighted and almost remembered God at your sx4 experience..

Any particular reason you felt it was not VFM ? What options did you compare it against ?

You seem to imply that all Maruti's be priced sub 5 L only ?
Old 16th November 2009, 12:30   #180
Senior - BHPian

No it does not mean that Maruti should be priced always below 5L, but the earlier price tag of Sx4 was more promising than the current one, and is placed on a bit higher level.
and when it comes to fiesta or aveo at that price range, they are real VFM,

and it is only my personal opinion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed