Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 13:28   #181
BHPian

@ DigitalDragon & ruchirtnt

Thank you, I realize that all dealers will have the same as there is a separate variant - SX4 ZXi Leather. I took a TD of the SX4 ZXi MT (please see post 141, this thread) about a fortnight back, and the dealers had no leather option variant with them. I asked the name of the dealer because as late as last Friday, there was no leather option ZXi available to see.

And I used the word "factory fitted" leather option in my previous post since dealers usually have an MGA leather seat cover fitted (cost around 7-8K) cars, not the original factory fitted leather ones.

I might add that I booked a white SX4 ZXi MT on Friday.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:55   #182
BHPian

Hey Vivprasad...congrats man! now the "man" is contemplating the SX4. IMO its always better to go for after market leather seat covers, as u have plenty of varieites in terms of materials, looks and cost. Also i feel the factory fitted ones are not that sharply fitted. The customised ones ae much better in terms of stitching and giving the seats a farm look.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:00   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
No it does not mean that Maruti should be priced always below 5L, but the earlier price tag of Sx4 was more promising than the current one, and is placed on a bit higher level.
and when it comes to fiesta or aveo at that price range, they are real VFM,

and it is only my personal opinion.
I fully agree with @ruchirtnt.
I also went for a TD of SX4, as I am hunting for a VFM yet performance oriented machine. No doubt the new VVT engine is much powerful compared to the earlier engine and has good low end torque too. But at 8.88 L OTR bangalore I felt it is li'l too overpriced. With that price, it does not have a cup holder in the rear arm rest, no MID, no equalizer in the music system and few other stuffs.

Any aspiring SX4 buyer just wait a while..i am hearing there wil be some discounts coming in shortly in the tune of 25 K.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:44   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Any aspiring SX4 buyer just wait a while..i am hearing there wil be some discounts coming in shortly in the tune of 25 K.
I don't know because when I booked my ZXi three days ago, the dealer said that the prices would be charged as prevalent on day of delivery. The clarification was, that prices may go up by a fraction, around 2.5K since Maruti may increase "handling charges". In any case, he said this may, or may not happen by the 2nd week of December when I am expected to take delivery. Though he categorically mentioned that since its a very new introduction, the car would not attract a discount in the near future.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:25   #185
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
All dealers will have the same as there is a separate variant - SX4 ZXi Leather.
It's actually quite absurd to have a ZXi variant without leather. I have seen quite a few of the ZXi cars with either pseudo leather or even genuine leather put on later and it quite frankly looked shoddy compared to the factory works. Yep good work is possible but most get the put one covers added later than sag when you sit on them and they look quite tacky in a weeks time, spoiling the looks of the car, so if one is going for top end version it should be with Leather by defacto.

Infact for some greens (read vegies who hate animal killing - kinda like me) cars like the Merc in US require one to pay extra to get a non leather variant as the defacto vehicle is shipped with leather, and soft cloth is an extra option.)
Old 17th November 2009, 10:32   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It's actually quite absurd to have a ZXi variant without leather. I have seen quite a few of the ZXi cars with either pseudo leather or even genuine leather put on later and it quite frankly looked shoddy compared to the factory works. Yep good work is possible but most get the put one covers added later than sag when you sit on them and they look quite tacky in a weeks time, spoiling the looks of the car, so if one is going for top end version it should be with Leather by defacto.
I have not seen an original leather seat in the SX4 ever. What I have seen is a leather look-alike seat cover that is an MGA, and made by Dolphin (although fitted on a Swift). Fitted in the new vehicle it looked very neat and very well placed. The edges were very smooth and uniform. There were others that were "locally made", on other cars, but they were definitely shoddy. I do not know how it will behave later upon use. But the original leather option is 40K plus in price. That maybe a little too much for some.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:38   #187
BHPian

A few comments

This may be a little late but...

Checked it out at the showroom some time back, didn't take TD as only the Auto one was available which I have no intention of buying...

Overall it seemed to tick most of the boxes in my checklist for the sedan upgrade, except for the rear seat where the middle bulge/ bump is still not completely fixed. Would be a punishment to anyone who needs to sit there for a long drive.

Also I noted one thing which I am a little hesitant to mention as I couldn't believe it is true... When one sits dead centre in the driving seat the steering wheel centre is offset to the left by about 0.5-1 cm. Anyone can verify this or was I hallucinating
Old 17th November 2009, 11:17   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Also I noted one thing which I am a little hesitant to mention as I couldn't believe it is true... When one sits dead centre in the driving seat the steering wheel centre is offset to the left by about 0.5-1 cm. Anyone can verify this or was I hallucinating

Whoops! Didn't notice it at all. I was certainly not looking for it, but when I took a TD (for almost half an hour), everything seemed aligned. Normally in driving positions, if there is an alignment issue, the driver immediately senses it. I guess one needs to sit again to specifically verify this issue. There are many TD reports on the new SX4 now, both MT and AT, and none have mentioned this.
Old 21st November 2009, 23:56   #189
BHPian

@digitaldragon: I am looking for a mid size sedan and have narrowed down between the Linea, SX4 and Fiesta. With SX4 being the costliest amongst the contenders, any discount would be welcome. When you say:

Can you share your source? How reliable is the news?

I don't want to put off the purchase indefinitely, however I don't mind waiting for a couple of weeks if this is news is true.
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:44   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
@digitaldragon: I am looking for a mid size sedan and have narrowed down between the Linea, SX4 and Fiesta. With SX4 being the costliest amongst the contenders, any discount would be welcome. When you say:

Can you share your source? How reliable is the news?

I don't want to put off the purchase indefinitely, however I don't mind waiting for a couple of weeks if this is news is true.
Saw an ad in yesterday's TOI saying an exchange bonus of 25k for SX4. May be it was this that the dealer was referring to.
Old 22nd November 2009, 18:56   #191
BHPian

Thanks Nurni76. Two more issues now:
1. With BSIV norms looming up, does it make sense to buy a Fiesta which is BSIII?
2. I've heard that they are planning to come up with Linea with TJet Engine in Jan 2010.
See link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-2010-a.html

Grrr.... Decisions Decisions!!

Might as well wait for some more time
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:00   #192
BHPian

@shreeps:
The discount is basicaly a loyalty bonus, per my understanding. If anybody in the family holds a maruti car, on production of the RC book copy, 25 K is discounted. Need to checl whether it applies to exchange also as mentioned by Nurni76.

Linea T-Jet is expected to hit indian roads by June 2010 (per my source authentic info). However, both T-Jet and Fire will continue parallely and T-Jet will be priced around 1 Lakh higher vs Fire. Decision is urs.

As far as BS norms are concerned, it is not going to make much of a difference. Whereas only 11 cities are implementing this BSIV, next categories of cities are actually starting the implementation of BSIII. However, personally after doing a rigorous review of Fiesta VS Linea, I found Linea Petrol stays ahead of Fiesta Duratec on an overall score. Please note that Linea Fire engine already confirms to the Euro IV emission norms. And when the BSIV is implemented they will simply tag that as BSIV. At almost the same price, u will get auto AC, 15 " Alloy wheels and an Euro IV compliant engine. (I have not considered the emotion pack as I dont need airbags).
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:09   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Saw an ad in yesterday's TOI saying an exchange bonus of 25k for SX4. May be it was this that the dealer was referring to.
Which edition of TOI u saw the ad ? I suppose u are referring to TOI Bangalore, 21st Nov.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:40   #194

Exchange Bonus

"Saw an ad in yesterday's TOI saying an exchange bonus of 25k for SX4. May be it was this that the dealer was referring to. "

The exchange bonus is applicable if you want to sell off your existing Maruti car and take a new one. I went to Mandovi Motors (Bangalore) and got my car evaluated (Maruti Swift). Over and above the price of my old car, the dealer offered me an exchange bonus of 25K for buying a new Maruti car. I think this applies for all maruti cars (selling old maruti to TrueValue and buying a new one).
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:12   #195
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=DigitalDragon;1585130]I fully agree with @ruchirtnt.
But at 8.88 L OTR bangalore I felt it is li'l too overpriced. With that price, it does not have a cup holder in the rear arm rest, no MID, no equalizer in the music system and few other stuffs.
quote]

Even the fortuner does not have a cup holder in the reat arm rest...at 20L

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Thanks Nurni76. Two more issues now:
1. With BSIV norms looming up, does it make sense to buy a Fiesta which is BSIII?
2. I've heard that they are planning to come up with Linea with TJet Engine in Jan 2010.
See link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-2010-a.html

Grrr.... Decisions Decisions!!

Might as well wait for some more time
Linea might make sense for you, the Fiesta BXIV or BSIII is not really a concern for the buyer but is something that the manufacturer has to think about and circumvent to continue selling the car. It is an added cost for the manufacturer but normally of no benifit to the buyer in terms of power etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed