Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 12:29   #121
BHPian

Actuly, if seen from certain angles, say side, rear three quarter, the Kizashi looks like a facelifted SX4. i even doubt on the interior space.

@atul, very rightly said.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:38   #122
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki wins the prize hands down for the biggest "let down" from concept to reality. When i set sight on the A-Star concept i was excited and the exact opposite reaction happened on seeing the frog-like, hunched up gnome of a car with A-Star and Suzuki badging. Same with the Kizashi. After the brilliant concepts , we have a slightly modernized 1998 Olds Aurora. Shame on Suzuki for misleading the public.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:49   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Suzuki just launched Kizashi in Japan and by the way MUL works, expect another 5 years before it hit Indian roads.
AFAIK, the SX4 was launched in India before the Europe and Japan launch. Dont think it will be that long a time before it comes to India.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:14   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
My expectations :

1) VW Polo ( with TSI ).
2) Toyota Small car.
3) Nissan small car.
4) Updated Alto and Wagon R with K series motors.
5) Suzuki Kizashi
6) Corolla Diesel
7) Next Generation Swift.
I understand the plans for Kizashi have been shelved!? Someone I know at Maruti himself told me so.

Also the Next Gen Swift could be more of a concept and not more, as it would not be launched before 2011.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Suzuki just launched Kizashi in Japan and by the way MUL works, expect another 5 years before it hit Indian roads.
With India being one of Suzuki's biggest market don't think they will give it such step-motherly treatment.
Old 13th December 2009, 05:06   #126
BHPian

More infomation on Toyota EFC and Nissan Micra(x02b) and Ford figo

Until then, much talk among car lover in India and Asean are about the Toyota project EFC that will show as concept in India auto expo in january 2010 and we also have more infomation for other small car star on the
same show from forbes and TKM here…..

Code-named Project EFC, it will be sold in BRIC countries, but India will be the lead market. Engineers have benchmarked it against the Maruti Suzuki Swift. Details are sketchy but Toyota insists the car will not start a price war; instead it will have space and quality to justify its premium. The expected launch date is set for late in 2010. Production in Brazil is due to start in 2011 at the earliest. Mr Sandeep Singh deputy MD of TKM said that “Both hatchback and sedan version of concept vehicle of the compact car will be showcased at AutoExpo. It’s a concept vehicle coming from Japan.”
He added that “Production will start by December of 2010. First year production plan is 70,000.”

Toyota also said it will display 13 other concept and production vehicles at the New Delhi show.

Read the rest of this entry here

http://autoten.com/2009/12/12/more-i...and-ford-figo/
Old 13th December 2009, 11:36   #127
Team-BHP Support

Asking an old question once again. Any news on the Skoda front for the Yeti?
I dont see any thread on the same.

If there is any active one, please point.
Old 13th December 2009, 23:38   #128
Senior - BHPian

Corolla Diesel and Prado Diesel both will make to Indian markets in few months so they might be displayed there..
Old 14th December 2009, 02:26   #129
BHPian

bring the kizashi here price it close to civic and below accord (i dare say)and roll the dice in the D segment..... or get the ball rolling... or get the party started.... or okay i am out

Last edited by Caramelo : 14th December 2009 at 02:28.
Old 16th December 2009, 06:05   #130
BHPian

Ford Figo interior sketch | SUZUKI FAN
Old 16th December 2009, 13:09   #131
Senior - BHPian

GM to showcase six production and concept vehicles:
- Volt
- Camaro
- WTCC Cruze

- Captiva Extreme
- Spark Electric
- Aveo CNG

Source: GM Press Release
Old 16th December 2009, 17:54   #132
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ah, you beat me to that! Anyways, here is the full release:

Quote:
New Delhi: General Motors India will display six production and concept vehicles at the Auto Expo to be held at Pragati Maidan between 5th & 11th of January, 2010. The vehicles on display will include the much awaited Hybrid Option Volt, the Sports Car Chevrolet Camaro, WTCC Cruze, Captiva Extreme, Spark Electric and Aveo CNG. In addition, GM India's latest entry to the Indian market Chevrolet Beat and existing much sought after models like Chevrolet Cruze, Captiva, Tavera, Optra, Aveo U-VA and the Spark will also be on display.

Commenting on the display of vehicles, Mr. P. Balendran, Vice Preisident, General Motors India said "The Auto Expo in Delhi is the most ideal platform in India to highlight our new product range that will showcase GM’s technological advancement and innovation. The theme of our stall entitled "Inspiration to advance" will have Chevrolet brand of vehicles displayed under three categories like Performance series, Mini series and the Green series.

The recently launched Chevrolet Cruze, Optra Magnum, alongside a special preview of the Captiva Extreme will set the tone, with their inspirational technology, which has been modified to suit the Indian roads. The World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) Cruze will also be something to look forward to. The research and the technical knowhow exhibited through the demonstration of Cruze and beat engines at the stall alongside the vehicles will connote the brands promise to deliver world class service inspired by technology.

Making the green statement will be the Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet Spark- LPG, all new Aveo CNG and Spark Electric prototype which is scheduled to make its commercial launch later this year. The Chevrolet Volt is an electric vehicle with extended-range capability. It is designed to drive up to 40 miles on electricity without using gasoline or producing tail-pipe emissions. Also on display would be the fun, efficient and the 21st century sports car- The Chevrolet Camaro, which has recently been launched globally.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:17   #133
BHPian

Where can I find details of new cars getting launched (confirmed) in 2010 ?
Old 18th December 2009, 17:59   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Where can I find details of new cars getting launched (confirmed) in 2010 ?
You willl come to know about it at one place for sure -
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home

Other auto mags would follow, so keep your eyes glued.
Old 20th December 2009, 03:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

I realy hope to see something good.When do guys think is an appropriate time to go? Business hours?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed