Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 14:00   #106
BHPian

^^ thanks for info , but if you are doing that much then please arrange for a press pass also.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

The display SLS has arrived in India.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:42   #108
Senior - BHPian

SLS? Did you say SLS? What the ****, that is one of the greatest cars ever, you are seriously lucky if you will see it at the Auto Expo this year.

Wish I could go too,
Old 7th December 2009, 22:46   #109
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you come to Delhi to see it? Its confirmed for display.
Old 8th December 2009, 05:42   #110
BHPian

Is Suzuki 'Launching' the Kizashi at the Expo or will they simply be displaying it there?
Todays review of the same on Autoblog really really looks good.
0-100 in 7.5 secs...whew!!!
Review: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS is up for the Challenge — Autoblog
ACI seems to think that it will be a Civic/Corolla contender, price-wise atleast. Keeping my fingers crossed! Inputs?
Old 9th December 2009, 22:45   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Is Suzuki 'Launching' the Kizashi at the Expo or will they simply be displaying it there?
Suzuki just launched Kizashi in Japan and by the way MUL works, expect another 5 years before it hit Indian roads.
Old 9th December 2009, 23:14   #112
BHPian

Hi Guys

I read in one of the newspapers' Auto (supplement) today the following:

In the Q&A section, somebody had asked whether Alto would be launched with the new K series engine in AutoExpo 2010 (he basically wanted to delay the decision so as to get a better engine), for which the paper replied that MUL is NOT planning to upgrade Alto / WagonR to K series but would rather be tuning existing F Series engines.

Is that True? I too was expecting this to happen ?

Cheers
Old 10th December 2009, 05:13   #113
BHPian

according to SUZUKI FAN
thre will be many spectacular luach here.

World premire

TATA Indicruz
Toyota EFC
Suzuki small car concept

new model launch in india for 2010

Maruti Suzuki MPV (APV)
Hyundai Santa Fe SUV
Skoda Yeti SUV
VW Polo
Toyota’s EFC
Ford Figo
Chevrolet Beat
Premier Auto
Old 10th December 2009, 11:55   #114
BHPian

something should be planned, so that for those who wants to meet and know each others, of course those who seems to be interested.
what say ??
Old 10th December 2009, 15:28   #115
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From their press release. Confirmed unveiling at the Auto Expo:

Quote:
Delhi, December 10, 2009: Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. (TKM) announced today that it will display 14 production and concept vehicles at the 10th Auto Expo in Delhi to be held at Pragati Maidan from January 5 to 11, 2010.

Emphasising Toyota’s commitment to the Indian market, and denoting its biggest strengths − superior quality and advanced technology − the theme of the Toyota booth is ‘Quality Revolution’. More than 2,200 square meters (Hall no. 6) will be used to display a diverse line-up of products, and more importantly the much awaited ‘world premiere of the compact car’.

Apart from the current product line-up, the Toyota booth will also display its futuristic technology in the form of concept vehicles, and hybrid vehicles to highlight environmentally-friendly technology that the company has pioneered.

Mr. Sandeep Singh, DMD-Marketing, TKM said: “The Auto Expo in Delhi is the most ideal platform in India to highlight our new product range that will showcase Toyota’s technological advancement and innovation. We are very excited about unveiling the concept of our compact cars that have specially been developed for the Indian market. The Toyota brand display at the 2010 Auto Expo will reconfirm our commitment to the Indian automotive market.”
Old 10th December 2009, 16:44   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
[b]
new model launch for india for 2010
Hyundai Santa Fe SUV
Hyundai even showcased it in the last auto expo, Attaching a pic i took.
AUTO EXPO 2010 - What to Expect ?-dsc01687-large.jpg
Old 10th December 2009, 17:49   #117
BHPian

I think Hyundai is quite confused with their launch of SANTA FE. They have been postponing a lot for the past 2 years ever since Captiva was launched. This is a great softroader at this price (one of the best selling ones in US right now). With R Series engine, it'll be a monster. I think Hyundai must let initial euphoria of FORTUNER to calm down and then go ahead with their launch. If SANTA FE (as good as it gets) gets launched at price over Toyota FORTUNER, there will be very few takers for the same and chances are Hyundai will NOT plonk their R-Series diesel and high levels of equipment into this. For this to move well, it has to be priced well below 18 Lacs. Even at 18 Lacs, most of us Indians will rule this vehicle out purely of the brand image that Hyundai currently has. This product is top notch IMHO.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:27   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Before Hyundai decides to launch another 15 - 20 lakh rupee car, they have to first decide (internally) whether they actually want to sell the car or not! The Sonata Embera seems to be only a showpiece for their website. Potential customers don't even get test-drives (no cars available in most major cities), salesmen seem uneager and have zero information on the car, and there is an absolute lack of marketing. The Embera is an excellent luxo sedan, but it doesn't have the support of its own mother!
Old 11th December 2009, 12:47   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Todays review of the same on Autoblog really really looks good.
0-100 in 7.5 secs...whew!!!
Review: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS is up for the Challenge — Autoblog
ACI seems to think that it will be a Civic/Corolla contender, price-wise atleast. Keeping my fingers crossed! Inputs?
Too bad that they made this[Picture 1] out of that [picture2] or [Picture 3]. Just notice that changing the shape of Fog-lamp has made so big difference. I know the last two are concepts but they got to make some car look like last two. It would give competition to CIVIC at least in the LOOKS department.
Attached Thumbnails
AUTO EXPO 2010 - What to Expect ?-suzukikizashigtsreview_03.jpg  

AUTO EXPO 2010 - What to Expect ?-05_kizashi3live.jpg  

AUTO EXPO 2010 - What to Expect ?-52_kizashi3live.jpg  

Last edited by Atul-C : 11th December 2009 at 12:49.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:31   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
Too bad that they made this[Picture 1] out of that [picture2] or [Picture 3]. Just notice that changing the shape of Fog-lamp has made so big difference. I know the last two are concepts but they got to make some car look like last two. It would give competition to CIVIC at least in the LOOKS department.
Yeah, it [Pic 1] kind of reminds me of an SX4 is a grumpy mood.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks