Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 17:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Favourite vehicle that you have owned?

Of course we are attached to our cars and that why there are so many of us here.

Curious to know what were the favourite cars that you guys have owned and don't mind making space for it in your garage again?
And also the current car in your garage that's close to your heart. I understand the human brain can be crappy at times and make you sell it soon, however at least as now, which car?

I miss my 1967 Matadoor engine Ambassdor. Super King aircon, metal dashboard and running on Gypsy rims MRF ZVTS.Thinking of it today, it would have made a great everyday car.

Last edited by beejay : 26th October 2009 at 17:33. Reason: Typo error..
Old 26th October 2009, 18:06   #2
BHPian

beejay, You just started making me feel very nostalgic.

I miss my maroon coloured Premier 118 NE, which we owned till recently i.e Aug 2008 which was a good 12 years. We bought it 2nd hand from my Dad's friend. We had to part with it because of parking problems and had to make for the Santro that we own now. We gave it for a loot price of 15k considering the condition.
Old 26th October 2009, 18:17   #3
BHPian

The one n only Tata Safari
And I bet there will be lots of "dittos" after my post
Old 26th October 2009, 20:37   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

without question my current vehicle - Scorpio

next favourites are my earlier Bolero and the 2 Gypsies that Ive owned in the past as well as a Dark Green MM540 (one of the first ones to come out) which my Dad used to have.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:43   #5
BHPian

My favorite vehicle that I will definitely own one day is Premier Padmini Deluxe-BE (Petrol) & also a Premier Padmini 137D.
My dream vehicles are definitely going to be Mahindra Classic 4x4 & obviously JONGA.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

I miss my Gypsy Badly,very badly.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:23   #7
DRC
BHPian

My favorite one was a Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 1988-1995.
This one bike gave me a lot of thing in life, mobility, fun, character, identity in my home town, glamour in college, girlfriend, trouble, experinece, patience. Man, I truely miss it.
If I can buy that one back, I surely will even if it is not usable.

Second one is my present petra. I really have used it the most. (infact, it is the vehicle I have used most in terms of miles). It has also done a lot of character building on me.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

I miss my favourite four wheeler MARUTI VAN,MARUTI OMINI.Till five years back I had brought all new from showrooms Maruti Vans and Ominis from 1987, five of them, last one brought in 2004 and sold in 2009.
Now I have decided not to use this vehicle all because I read,saw and heard about how unsafe it was , but for blessings of almighty and waheguru I did not even had a small touch with vehicle in front of me. and all my vans were sold as clean and untouch vehicles.All said and done but to drive a Maruti Van is a sheer pleasure even today. Even today if I hear a peculiar exhaust note of a Maruti Van MY HEAD TURNS AROUND TO HAVE A LOOK.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Add to it i miss my Suzuki Shogun too
Old 26th October 2009, 21:43   #10
BHPian

My Fiat 1968, no MAP 677
Old 26th October 2009, 21:45   #11
BHPian

It would be the new Linea I brought 2 months back. It is just a great machine to drive !!!
Old 26th October 2009, 21:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

i love all my cars which i have owned and i find it extremely difficult to sell them away as i feel im losing a part of my own family
Old 26th October 2009, 21:53   #13
BHPian

My Favorite has to be my First Bike Suzuki Shogun "THE BOSS".Which i brought in 1998 (GIFT FROM Dad),The crisp handling ,the roar ,those orange back lit Speed and RPM meter,the pickup am sure she was the fastest Indian at that time,which is used for 7 years and almost 1L KMs.
The bike was my identity in our colony.Simply awesome bike.Till today no other bike gives me the wide smile which Shogun gave me when i first rode it.
In car My Palio.She is fantastic vehicle,i drove it more than 41,000 km in just 2 years ,real torque machine.
Even i like my current Bike but its too boring TVS Victor GLX 125,Absolutly no problem bike.Done more than 50,000 km,Starts at first kick ,never gave any problem.Some times i feel like "Iasko kuch hota kaise nahi "ha ha touch wood.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:03   #14
BHPian

hmm,lets see well i do miss my '75 fiat 124 special edition sports (1600 twin overhead coupe) ,then the '85 X 1/9 bertone,78 vw microbus ...06 safari and 07 fusion... sorry is this a favourite "Car" or "cars" that you owned thread???
Sometime we all suffer bouts of irreversable insanity(or vitamin M decifiency )that drives us to part with something invaluable as such only to regret at a later date when it isnt possible to get back what has been parted with..
did i mention a mini anywhere??hmmm,lost that too..
oh, forgot bike-RD 350

Last edited by brat001 : 26th October 2009 at 22:06. Reason: forgot fav bike
Old 27th October 2009, 09:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=fast_elegance;1549992
I miss my maroon coloured Premier 118 NE, which we owned till recently i.e Aug 2008 which was a good 12 years. [/quote]

Its impossible to come by well maintained 118' s these days. This was the only car we were successfully able to burn, literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
The one n only Tata Safari
And I bet there will be lots of "dittos" after my post
Of course there are quite a lot of passionate Safari owners around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Dark Green MM540 (one of the first ones to come out) which my Dad used to have.
Now, that must have been a special one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
My favorite vehicle that I will definitely own one day is Premier Padmini Deluxe-BE (Petrol) & also a Premier Padmini 137D.
My dream vehicles are definitely going to be Mahindra Classic 4x4 & obviously JONGA.
The Jonga is one of my fav vehicle too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
My favorite one was a Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 1988-1995.
This one bike gave me a lot of thing in life, mobility, fun, character, identity in my home town, glamour in college, girlfriend, trouble, experinece, patience. Man, I truely miss it.
If I can buy that one back, I surely will even if it is not usable.

Second one is my present petra. I really have used it the most. (infact, it is the vehicle I have used most in terms of miles). It has also done a lot of character building on me.
A two stroke bike and college used to go hand in hand. When I was in college recently, if I may say so. There were not many Rx100's and people were more Pulsar and CBZ friendly. I used to drive up the hills from Coimbatore every weekend and drive down Monday morning, freezing my you know what of. Still i loved it and. The KB 100, RX100 andShogun were completely different cult altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
I miss my favourite four wheeler MARUTI VAN,MARUTI OMINI.Till five years back I had brought all new from showrooms Maruti Vans and Ominis from 1987, five of them, last one brought in 2004 and sold in 2009.
Peculiar. However I have noticed even in my town that people who have a Maruti Van only buy a Maruti van. Not to offend any ones feelings, I know quite a lot of Marwari people who only buy a Van. Use it for 3 or 5 years and again buy a new van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
My Fiat 1968, no MAP 677
Elegant choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
It would be the new Linea I brought 2 months back. It is just a great machine to drive !!!
Of course, there is no arguing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
i love all my cars which i have owned and i find it extremely difficult to sell them away as i feel im losing a part of my own family
I know its hard to sell of a car that you have used for a long time. However at the end of the day one has to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
My Favorite has to be my First Bike Suzuki Shogun "THE BOSS".Which i brought in 1998 (GIFT FROM Dad),The crisp
The exhaust note of the Shogun was purely a head turner. Unfortunately not many are seen around these days. A stock shogun looks and sounds awesome. The silver with red decalls were my fav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat001 View Post
hmm,lets see well i do miss my '75 fiat 124 special edition sports (1600 twin overhead coupe) ,then the '85 X 1/9 bertone,78 vw microbus ...06 safari and 07 fusion... sorry is this a favourite "Car" or "cars" that you owned thread???
Sometime we all suffer bouts of irreversable insanity(or vitamin M decifiency )that drives us to part with something invaluable as such only to regret at a later date when it isnt possible to get back what has been parted with..
did i mention a mini anywhere??hmmm,lost that too..
oh, forgot bike-RD 350
My! These are vehicles anyone would miss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks