Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 13:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Vento with skoda badge? Perhaps this is what will replace the octy then!?
Old 13th May 2010, 12:25   #227
BHPian

Will Vento be introduced with a made-for-india engine? or will it be a TSI one?
Old 16th May 2010, 23:06   #228
BHPian

I'd like to see it with AT, but that seems remote given that VW is phasing it out on the Jetta/Passat. Interesting also to see the pics with the VW logo gone and a blue oval thingy attached there instead
Old 17th May 2010, 12:10   #229
BHPian

Well, the scoop in Autocar said VW meant business with Vento -> Direct Face-off with ANHC. Already the Vento engine (110bhp) is less powered compared to ANHC (120bhp); now, if they don't bring AT it will all be a joke!!! It might then (with its Diesel) actually place itself in competition with Verna, Fiesta & Linea - but far from being a "City Killer".

There is a reason for the ANHC being over-priced and yet unchallenged by its rivals - Its quality (& perhaps its Brand value in India). And IMO one of the major plus for AHNC is the AT option with paddle shift (& its durability- especially when compared to the AT in SX4).
Now I sincerely hope for a car in the arena that can actually challenge ANHC with its quality. Hoping that VW gets Vento a Diesel engine option with a CVT (Thats what I read in the Autocar scoop), give it all the goodies that a Linea carry & price it close to (but less than) the over-priced ANHC: Now that may be a good competition!
Old 17th May 2010, 18:57   #230
Team-BHP Support

I got a few more pics of the Polo sedan undergoing testing in disguise. Not too different from what is already posted.

The car was being tested along with the Fabia CRDi. And to give them company from another factory were the Linea 1.4TJet and the Punto MJD Sports (no pics of these).
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-08052010898.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-08052010896.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-08052010897.jpg
Old 17th May 2010, 21:22   #231
BHPian

Why is it having ford's blue oval emblem
Old 17th May 2010, 23:42   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Why is it having ford's blue oval emblem
psst. they're trying to make us believe that they're testing a Ford car
Old 17th May 2010, 23:52   #233
Senior - BHPian

It also serves the purpose of masking its original lines,quite clever.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:52   #234
mkh
Senior - BHPian

asked the VW corp sales guy today, they are expecting around September the launch and then delivery around November, damn i thought if its like next couple of months, can wait, but not that long:( VW seems to playing the premium badge big time, it will take a while for them to reach the larger audience for sure
Old 18th May 2010, 00:20   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
It also serves the purpose of masking its original lines,quite clever.
The original lines aren't masked.Its just the front(its going to be almost similar to the Polo anyway!) and the tail lamps.

Clever? Definitely. The stance,lines of the Vento are quite similar to the last gen Focus.Hence the Focus clothing up front!
Old 18th May 2010, 10:34   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
asked the VW corp sales guy today, they are expecting around September the launch and then delivery around November, damn i thought if its like next couple of months, can wait, but not that long:( VW seems to playing the premium badge big time, it will take a while for them to reach the larger audience for sure
WhatCar? says the launch is in July! Don't know if I can wait that long for Vento!
Old 18th May 2010, 12:09   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
WhatCar? says the launch is in July! Don't know if I can wait that long for Vento!
So does Auto Car India. Launch in July. I am not too sure though but the enthusiast in me is hoping against the odds.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:46   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
And then there will be a 3 month wait period like Polo. Expect delivery in Oct.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:37   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Not if he manages to be amongst first batch of customers.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:55   #240
BHPian

here's the first sketch officially released by VW India for the Vento. Looks same as the ones calready in circulation in the US.

New Delhi, May 18, 2010 – Today Volkswagen released the first sketch of its new Sedan that is slated to hit the Indian roads later this year.

It has been specifically designed for India and will be manufactured in Volkswagen’s state of the art plant at Chakan, Pune.

It will no doubt carry the Volkswagen DNA of German Engineering which is innovative technology, safety, stability sturdiness and tailored to the requirements of the Indian consumer.

Its authentic and elegant design coupled with its innovative features and driving dynamics will set benchmarks in its class and will act as a key brand pillar for Volkswagen to stimulate its growth in the country
This new Sedan will be in addition to Volkswagen’s already existing product line which includes the Passat, Jetta, Touareg, New Beetle, Phaeton and the very recently and successfully launched New Polo.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed