Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 13:27   #256
BHPian

@ drchernish, the picture correlates with the sketch & scoop pics in Autocar. The car looks balanced in its design, curves & looks are not too bad. What is disappointing however, is to see that VW havent changed the front grill/portion much (from Polo hatchback). I personally feel that Fiat has done a much better job with its Punto/Linea, which look entirely different.
Old 26th May 2010, 16:28   #257
BHPian

click me

Vento Production starts...
Quote:
Volkswagen has started the production of Vento at its Chakan unit near Pune. While it is expected to be launched by the month of August-September this year, it is believed that the C-segment sedan will be positioned between the Polo hatchback and Jetta D-segment sedan.
Old 26th May 2010, 21:19   #258
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if any sedan can be called as a worthy contender to the Honda City.The Linea was touted as one but it failed.The vento clicks all the right boxes,except reliability and after sales,of which we have little information.Even the snob value associated with buying a honda can be matched by the VW.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:43   #259
BHPian

VW to launch Phaeton in June with a price tag of Rs 76.3 lakh, Vento in three months

VW to launch Phaeton in June with a price tag of Rs 76.3 lakh, Vento in three months

Source:

VW to launch Phaeton in June with a price tag of Rs 76.3 lakh, Vento in three months-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 27th May 2010, 09:49   #260
BHPian

artists rendering

New artists impression of the vento.
Source: motorbeam
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-volkswagen_vento_india1.jpg
Old 27th May 2010, 10:10   #261
Senior - BHPian

ACI May issue carried real photos of Vento but I am still seeing sketches, spy pics and artist's impressions. Am I missing something here?
Old 27th May 2010, 11:44   #262
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Went to VW dealer here and asked about vento- they have no information on the date but clearly it will not be until August that bookings may start and then Sept/October before the first one rolls out. With the backlog of Polo still not cleared, its going to be a very very busy VW factory and showrooms indeed. VW sales guys can enjoy the next year or so. I wish i would wait till Oct, as need to buy a car asap, but 4-5 months is too long to wait
Old 27th May 2010, 13:48   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
ACI May issue carried real photos of Vento but I am still seeing sketches, spy pics and artist's impressions. Am I missing something here?
@ Guna:

ACI pics on the cover and inside clearly says Auto Car Image so they aren't the real photos of Vento.

The only real photo I know off, of the Vento is the pics someone clicked in Chakan and carried it in Team BHP. It had a blue oval to make it look like Ford and fake tail lamps like Fiesta and the debate was whether it was a Fiesta or the "Polo" sedan. It was settled in favor of the "Polo" sedan

Cheers,
Old 27th May 2010, 19:43   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

I am so waiting for this car to finally launch, but have a feeling when it does arrive, it will overpriced, underpowered or both!

Any idea how the VEnto compares with the Etios?
Old 31st May 2010, 09:55   #265
Senior - BHPian

Don't tell me that this is not the real deal. Received on e-mail via burlappcars.
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-002.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 31st May 2010 at 10:08.
Old 31st May 2010, 10:01   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Don't tell me that this is not the real deal.
Good integration of the boot to the Polo hatch. The rear job seems better as compared to Ford's Fiesta.

BTW, nice scoop SCOOPMASTER (as usual).
Old 31st May 2010, 10:29   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Don't tell me that this is not the real deal. Received on e-mail via burlappcars.
Looks like the real deal. Only this seems to be LHD and has an auto.
Also seems to have Auto Climate and a few other tasty bits (at least chrome garnish on the steering and a fuller complement of dashboard buttons under the central HVAC outlet.

There is a current gen Tiguan in the background, so this looks like SA or the Mexican plant.

(Vince Burlapp Car Page)
Old 31st May 2010, 10:38   #268
BHPian

Looks to be the real one

Check out Motoroids scoop images.

Scoop! Volkswagen Vento / Polo Sedan undisguised! - Motoroids.com

The burlapp car page has same images, my doubt is probably the Motoroids guys have mirrored the first image so it seems to be RHD whereas burlapp image has LHD!!!

Last edited by surd_biker : 31st May 2010 at 10:43.
Old 31st May 2010, 10:45   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Looks to be the real one

Check out Motoroids scoop images.

Scoop! Volkswagen Vento / Polo Sedan undisguised! - Motoroids.com

The burlapp car page has same images, my doubt is probably the Motoroids guys have mirrored the first image so it seems to be RHD whereas burlapp image has LHD!!!
Well, they have taken the images from the link in the post I made ( and the one highlighted by sidindica), photoshopped it, and are claiming it as their own.
Takes some doing!

Last edited by crackingride : 31st May 2010 at 10:47.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:42   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Well, they have taken the images from the link in the post I made ( and the one highlighted by sidindica), photoshopped it, and are claiming it as their own.
Takes some doing!
@crackingride: Rash here from Motoroids. As mentioned in one of the comments, we received the images as they are (without the watermark of course! ) through email and did not have the source mentioned. We tried to look around but couldn't find it posted anywhere. Anyway, things are clear now and the source has been added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed