Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:24   #301
BHPian

Front is carry over from hatch, but the design of the rear end?! The proportions don’t look right.
Old 3rd June 2010, 01:46   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Dimensionally it is longer than Fiesta, and the wheel base is also longer. Guess it should offer a good rear space.
I was ready to pay a premium for the VW badge too but the Polo hatchback was dropped from my list of prospective cars because of the terrible rear seating space. Lets hope the Polo Sedan does not have the same issue.
Old 3rd June 2010, 03:11   #303
BHPian

Some more pics ...............

Some more pics ...............
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2011volkswagenpolo1.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2011volkswagenpolo3.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2011volkswagenpolo4.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2011volkswagenpolo5.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2011volkswagenpolo6.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 08:28   #304
Team-BHP Support

Clean, well proportioned lines! From the pics, it does look like there is a slight increase in wheelbase. Hopefully, this translates to better interior space at the rear, which is crucial in this segment (More so than the premium hatch segment!).
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:51   #305
BHPian

Clean proportions and well made but the rear styling? It is a huge mess. It doesnt look like a VW. Bring on the twin circular elements from the Passat and Jetta!
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:22   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Clean proportions and well made but the rear styling? It is a huge mess. It doesnt look like a VW. Bring on the twin circular elements from the Passat and Jetta!
I feel that the rear looks better integrated than the ugly Dzire and Manza. So in my opinion, based purely on the pictures in this thread, Vento > Manza > Dzire as far as the boot integration is concerned.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:25   #307
BHPian

So finally they admit. Details here. Volkswagen unveils sedan Vento at Wolfsburg manufacturing facility
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:44   #308
Senior - BHPian

I love VW for their thoughts. Controlling front seat from rear for example. Its good to wait and watch what the pricing will be. If I am not wrong, the VW comfortline would be 10 lac OTR Bangalore (take on honda S), trendline 9-9.5 OTR bangalore (to take on linea and honda E) and highline 11 lac OTR bangalore (taking on honda V). The diesel could be about 11.5 + OTR Bangalore (taking on Honda Paddle shift AT) which puts it into expensive territory. Well whatever it is, the looks are clean unspoilt with the designer minds and can age well over time.

Hopefully they launch it within next one or two months which will fire up the sedan market just like the fiesta, aveo did sometime back. The key thing about anyone taking on honda is to retain a brand name for the next ten years. like the honda city. they need names to reckon with and a product line that ages well as well. This is why the city sells, and resells and resells over ten years. so also maybe corolla.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:49   #309
BHPian

Looks like a Polo "D-zire" ... cost cutting again?
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:30   #310
BHPian

The rear end of the Vento looks more like the Skoda Laura/Superb. Front is a carry-over from the Polo hatch. Over all looks are good and again like the Polo, VAG should price it competitively to fight the other sedans in the market.

Alex.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:41   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

This car should deliver quality at a reasonable price. (Read=cheaper than city), even for a diesel.

.... VW, Kit it fully and price it competitively if you want to make this succeed.
Russia prices listed at USD 12,800 (i guess for base versions) which works out to 5.96 Lakhs.
What are we going to get it at, given our hatch itself tops out at around 8 in some parts of the country??

At the end of the day, this is still an obsolete engine that is getting pensioned off in all other markets except for our developing ones. Assume this engine does duty for another 5-7 years, and it will be badly out of syn with contemporary offerings by then, especially since VW ALREADY have a 1.2 that gives the same power as this lump!!

Again, we are treated like ignorant dolts (the press release for India says the car was designed for India; the Russians are told it was designed for them), and are expected to pay a premium as a result.

Last edited by crackingride : 3rd June 2010 at 10:52.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:42   #312
BHPian

The back side looks interesting. Reminds me of the Accent Viva, with the notch in the tail lamps towards the boot opening, reminding me of the Fiat Siena (First Generation).
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:19   #313
Senior - BHPian

Cant wait for Diwali to see this car. The car is just looking better and better in every photo. Thumbs up to VW.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:28   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Nicely proportioned car. I like it.

Is the photo stretched or the car itself stretched in comparison to the Polo?

VW better ramp up it's poduction before launch. Else people have to book the car now and expect the delivery by Diwali or christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post

Again, we are treated like ignorant dolts (the press release for India says the car was designed for India; the Russians are told it was designed for them), and are expected to pay a premium as a result.
ROFL. Trust me, there are people who believe this!
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:37   #315
Team-BHP Support

6 speed auto box and 1.6L 104bhp petrol engine. If that is what is coming to India, then that is what I need for my dad. AT and european and perfectly sized car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed