Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 13:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I read the same thing in Autocar India. Its highly possible that this could be the new Octavia.
Does not make sense. A polo sedan is not quite in the same segment with space(or price!)This will just be an Etios competitor. Maybe with the price it will compete head-to-head with the Linea and the ANHC.If the Polo is a VFM hatch, then this should be a VFM sedan to hit the Dzire/Manza/Logan. That makes more sense as the numbers the Dzire generates shows the demand and should rightly be the target.VW must be out of their mind if they are planning a new Octy with this. A sure case of for their brand appeal. Anyways, I think the opinions above are all more speculation than real stuff.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:20   #32
BHPian

One thing is for sure - It will come with the 1.2TSI engine with 105bhp! That is one department that will provide more than the competition. I'm still unsure as to how a boosted 3-pot will behave as the NVH is a really big issue, especially in a car that is probably going to start at Rs 7 lakhs (so that it doesnt overlap with the hatchback).

The car will be balanced with good build and sharp styling. The next-gen Octavia will also be based on this platform thereby reducing costs.
Old 19th March 2010, 16:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Chances are that it might share the 1.6 litre 105ps engine of the Polo 1.6 (soon to be launched variant).
Old 20th March 2010, 08:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
Hi cyged, you have been saying this many times in the forum, but you haven't yet backed it up. What is the source of your information that the 1.6 hatch is not coming? It is still shown on the VW India website.
My source is VW dealer in Bangalore itself. I was trying to book a 1.6 hatch when they told me it is not going to be a hatch. You can contact any VW dealer and confirm the same.

VW is not releasing a 1.6 version hatch. What you have seen on VW website are specs of 1.2 Petrol and diesel versions and 1.6 version sedan. They haven't specified if 1.6 version is a hatch or sedan on the website. That is something they should have corrected instead of misleading the public.

GTO had done a review on Polo somewhere this month. There, Rehaan had also replied to my query concurring the same.
Old 20th March 2010, 08:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
My source is VW dealer in Bangalore itself.
I am skeptical that a dealer would have that kind of inside information. Let us wait and see.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
My source is VW dealer in Bangalore itself. I was trying to book a 1.6 hatch when they told me it is not going to be a hatch. You can contact any VW dealer and confirm the same.

Funny this. Can you please inform us as to which dealer?
Old 21st March 2010, 10:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Funny this. Can you please inform us as to which dealer?
Sure. Why don't you try calling here - 41506972 - and confirm for yourself. Tell them you are in interested in a 1.6 version and want to book. Once you do that, please come back here and tell everyone else what happened. Would appreciate it.
Old 21st March 2010, 10:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
VW is not releasing a 1.6 version hatch. What you have seen on VW website are specs of 1.2 Petrol and diesel versions and 1.6 version sedan. They haven't specified if 1.6 version is a hatch or sedan on the website. That is something they should have corrected instead of misleading the public.
This is a misleading stuff indeed. Even there brochure says about 1.6 petrol , now from when companies started sharing brochures for a hatch and sedan

If VW is not giving us a 1.6 Polo , then they probably have backed out with their own idea and for a company like VW it's not good. First they go public with the information of 1.6 Polo , includes that in the brochure as well and now if they say it's for a sedan what's the credibility of their official information then
Old 21st March 2010, 11:10   #39
BHPian

^^ I would never believe a dealer's word over the company's website or brochure. These dealers are too crooked, and would try any trick in the bag to push an existing non-interesting product to the customers with lies on own company's future plans and bad-mouthing the competition.
Old 21st March 2010, 14:58   #40
BHPian

Comrade, you have a point there. I don't see polo doing well without a 1.6 version (hatch). 1.2 version is just an excuse by another international brand to loot the Indian lot.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Sure. Why don't you try calling here - 41506972 - and confirm for yourself. Tell them you are in interested in a 1.6 version and want to book. Once you do that, please come back here and tell everyone else what happened. Would appreciate it.

Well the funny thing is, I know the owner of one of the dealers in Bangalore. I have known him for close to two decades now, we have grown up together and are pretty good friends. I had spoken to him about the 1.6 petrol some time ago, and according to him, the scuttlebutt is that the car will come, infact, depending on response, it might even be as soon as June. To be completely honest, he admits this is not an averred fact, but I trust his knowledge and honesty more than some voice over the phone.
Considering there is an expected Figo 1.6 and Punto 1.6 does any one honestly believe that VW won't offer a larger engine in their Polo?
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I trust his knowledge and honesty more than some voice over the phone.
My only source was a voice over the phone who is supposed to be telling the truth to the public than misleading them. I have to concur with you on the same and have good faith in your friends knowledge and honesty. Thank you for letting me know that there is a 1.6 hatch lined up for the public. Now, we will have to wait and see.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:17   #43
BHPian

Its not good on the dealer's part in confusing customers so much. VW will bring in a 1.6L version depending on customer feedback. It will come out for sure though. The German guys I met at the Auto Expo too told the same thing - It will come but at a later date.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Its not good on the dealer's part in confusing customers so much. VW will bring in a 1.6L version depending on customer feedback. It will come out for sure though. The German guys I met at the Auto Expo too told the same thing - It will come but at a later date.

Well he is confident that it will come out, but he can't guarantee it (for obvious reasons); he also seems to think that the time frame of release will be based on current Polo feedback.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Here are first spy pics. of polo sedan caught testing by Motoroids.com - Motoroids.com.

For further details here is the link : World Exclusive Scoop! Volkswagen Polo Sedan caught testing in India - Motoroids.com
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-polo_sedan_india_1_motoroids.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th April 2010 at 12:04. Reason: Removed additonal images & hoghlighted the source url
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks