Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 11:53   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

I just went through the specifications published in ACI, The Vento's length of 4179mm is shorter even the Fiesta and Verna. The ANHC at 4420mm and Linea at 4560mm are substantially longer. The shorter Vento might not have the road presence of the Linea and ANHC, BHPians who have seen the test cars in person, Please comment.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:18   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I just went through the specifications published in ACI, The Vento's length of 4179mm is shorter even the Fiesta and Verna. The ANHC at 4420mm and Linea at 4560mm are substantially longer. The shorter Vento might not have the road presence of the Linea and ANHC, BHPians who have seen the test cars in person, Please comment.
Polo is 3970 mm. You mean they have justs added 200mm more? If you look at ANHC, it has maximized interior space compared to external dimensions. How can Vento be shorter than that? The hood area itself will be huge and dont know how they can have decent interior space.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:27   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Is this confirmed? I was reading all posts but seemed to have missed this one.
Page 27 of Overdrive (Evo issue) says, "The base version gets twin airbags, middle variant adds ABS and the top version gets side curtain airbags as well as ESP"

No scanner here else would have scanned
Old 28th June 2010, 12:59   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Page 27 of Overdrive (Evo issue) says, "The base version gets twin airbags, middle variant adds ABS and the top version gets side curtain airbags as well as ESP"

No scanner here else would have scanned
Thanks diffsoft. Hope Overdrive is correct and also hope that VW get the pricing right
Old 28th June 2010, 13:34   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Polo is 3970 mm. You mean they have justs added 200mm more? If you look at ANHC, it has maximized interior space compared to external dimensions. How can Vento be shorter than that? The hood area itself will be huge and dont know how they can have decent interior space.
It definitely cant be 4179 mm, ACI has gone wrong there. According to this link it is 4.38m long which seems adequate enough Volkswagen Polo V sedan revealed

I suppose it wont be as spacious as the ANHC but its size puts it in between the dzire and the ANHC. And if the pricing is good then it should be fine. Boot space is 460 litres which is again less than the ANHC at 506 litres but greater than the dzire's 440 litres. It will all come down to the pricing, lets wait and watch
Old 28th June 2010, 14:33   #441
Senior - BHPian

BSM says Vento will be launched on July 6.

Price range estimated to be 7-9 lakhs.

Source: Volkswagen Vento launch on July 6
Old 28th June 2010, 17:49   #442
BHPian

If the top of the line diesel is 9.XX lakhs with all the goodies then this car will sell like hot cakes. ANHC and Linea beware. Linea has to be worried as well because Vento is the only european sedan which would match Linea for price and brand acceptance would be more for VW.
Old 28th June 2010, 18:45   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
If the top of the line diesel is 9.XX lakhs with all the goodies then this car will sell like hot cakes. ANHC and Linea beware. Linea has to be worried as well because Vento is the only european sedan which would match Linea for price and brand acceptance would be more for VW.
Yeah but 9.xx lakhs should be OTR price not ex-showroom else it will come to 11 lakhs on road atleast in Bangalore
Old 28th June 2010, 18:56   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Then... how would it compete with Jetta?
Old 28th June 2010, 19:45   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Then... how would it compete with Jetta?
Is it supposed to compete with Jetta?? I hope it isnt. Its better VW has a distinct price seperation otherwise it will end up like honda, which at one point has Jazz and city at more or less the same price. Cannibalisation wouldnt be good for Vento.

IIRC they were launching considering ANHC as a benchmark, if thats the case then the top of the line petrol cannot cost more than 9.XX lakhs max. The diesel preferably shouldnt cost more than 10.XX max as it will have competition from Fiesta/Linea.

If they price it more than that then they will face competition from other C+ segment cars

Last edited by MihirC : 28th June 2010 at 19:50.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:02   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed; it would be foolish if the Vento ended up almost as expensive as the Jetta.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:25   #447
BHPian

Also the new Jetta to be launched is supposed to be cheaper than the current Jetta to match its price with the competition, which means it could be priced between 13-15 lakhs.

At this price point the Vento needs to be priced atleast 1.5-2 lakhs cheaper than the Jetta to prevent cannibalisation.

Last edited by MihirC : 28th June 2010 at 20:28.
Old 28th June 2010, 21:10   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Some more pics ...............
Looks much better than ANHC or any other car in the segment except Linea

I hope VW will price it like Polo HatchBack
Old 28th June 2010, 21:19   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the gap should be even more than that. Jetta is pitched at lower-end of luxury (and, the last time I sat in one, it did feel pretty nice), whereas Polo is pitched at mass market. Vento is supposed to be Polo stablemate: much as I do not share the in hatchback prejudice, Vento is polo + boot + a little bit length. That's how it should be priced.

Time will tell!
Old 28th June 2010, 22:17   #450
Senior - BHPian

With the length of 4179mm, I am sure the only competitors for VW would be Ikon, Indigo and Accent. Guys got to accept it Polo is already cramped in the rear, this will continue the legacy.

But anyway compare to these cars, Vento is leagues ahead it will surely click. And with the mouth watering price of 7-9 L its sure is gonna turn some heads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks