Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 09:56   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
The diesel should be the trump card.

Both variants have a 14" spare wheel? Why would they do that for a car with 15" wheels?

Will it have Electric Power Steering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Standard practice in the western world - the spare is a smaller tyre with lower rating that is meant to take you to the repair shop.. Forces you to get back to the repaired tyre. Keeps costs and the space in the boot down..
Space saver tires are thinner (width) but I don't think they can have different diameter. Also, I think space savers tires are not permitted in India (but I could be wrong)
Old 7th July 2010, 11:23   #602
Senior - BHPian

Any one having an "inside" with VW, on when are the bookings going to start ?
Old 7th July 2010, 11:25   #603
BHPian

Some quick pics from Autocar India....
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-1.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-3.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-4.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-6.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-8.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-10.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by akash_m : 7th July 2010 at 11:27.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:01   #604
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the total length, it might be little less roomy compared to the ANHC. Hope it doesn't carry the image of a good car but cramped interiors (like Fiesta)
Old 7th July 2010, 13:45   #605
BHPian

any updates about it's price? Petrol specifically.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:16   #606
BHPian

No media controls on steering wheel
Old 7th July 2010, 14:23   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

VW has revealed the car to the media. Vento will be launched near Diwali. Pricing details have not been declared yet. The AT option will only be available with Petrol version. The car will come with rear AC vents(The real ones, unlike Hyundai i20). More details can be read here.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:34   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
No media controls on steering wheel
I personally feel that this is a good thing. Doesn't make you feel like you are losing this when you upgrade to a better audio system. I know there are other ways to make this work but then you will be paying twice (once to VW and once to get the interface) to make the steering mount controls work.

It just makes it a whole lot easier when it isn't there at all.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:49   #609
BHPian

Well, it looks promising.. however the worrying part is in the details..
As per this news article, there is still backlog in Polo order and I am not sure how VW will meet the Vento demand

http://thehindu.com/business/compani...icle502862.ece

>>
Referring to the success of its small car ‘Polo' launched in February this year, Mr. Garg said the company had been delivering around 4,000 Polo every month since April this year, while it had over 10,000 bookings pending. “We are ramping up our production every month to meet the high demand for Polo,” he added.
>>
Old 7th July 2010, 15:02   #610
BHPian

I personally feel that the all black interier in Russian version looks more sporty.... Atleast VW could have given a option to choose interiors. VW Polo can be configured but again not much in the interiar department.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 7th July 2010 at 15:06.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:18   #611
Senior - BHPian

Did any one read the TOI - today ? page 21 ?

it reads " Toyota unveiled the Vento'

Talk about getting their facts wrong

cheers,
ac
Old 7th July 2010, 16:54   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I personally feel that the all black interier in Russian version looks more sporty.... Atleast VW could have given a option to choose interiors. VW Polo can be configured but again not much in the interiar department.

Well, that is the "designed in India for India" - colors, maybe the ground clearance! I wonder who they are trying to kid when they say such things.. Quite different and contrasting from the Ford Figo story that the major part of the design and development was done out of India..
Old 7th July 2010, 17:23   #613
BANNED

"Designed for India", in my long experience, typically means that a whole lot of stuff in the vehicle (or other foreign brands, take your pick, colas, stereos, white goods, etcetc) has either been smartly removed OR downgraded. Often this is not visible, but there are small things which add up, which is why the same make/model will often feel as well as be superior to the one sold in India. may sound cynical, but that's a simple fact of life, which is why I, for one, am not blindly bowled over by the continuos refrain of "German this and Das Auto that", when the vehicle in question is largely inspired by . . . China.

The new VW Vento for India will have to compete head on with the Maruti D'Zire and SX4, simple as that - and very soon, so will the Honda City.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:54   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The AT option will only be available with Petrol version.
A diesel AT would have hit the Verna AT hard. Dont know of many cars in diesel have AT in that price bracket . Buyers would like it as concern about FE would not bother them much.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:40   #615
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Yes, on paper, on the road it was anything but. Here are a couple of links to take a look at, I am sure it's reported on teambhp too.

VW DSG Transmission Problem Leads to Recall - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

Volkswagen Will Repair DSG Transmissions on 53,300 Vehicles - Car and Driver Blog

Searching on Google also reveals gear slipping problems. Although they might have ironed out the flaws, in my opinion, it is not worth the headache or the money.
These links mention issues/recalls. Does not anywhere say that the DSG system itself is flawed.
Remember Bugatti Veyron, Audi R8 etc uses DSG gearbox. Would vw be taking chances with these ultra expensive and high performance products if DSG system was a failure?
It is like saying Prius is a bad car because it was recalled.
And more over a recall has been done means the issue is found and rectified, which also means that newer cars wont have those problems.

Last edited by mxx : 7th July 2010 at 18:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks