Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:11   #751
Senior - BHPian

This is becoming quiet interesting, only a few of weeks to go before we can pass the actual judgements
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:55   #752
BHPian

I guess white suits this car more than any other color.
White Vento with dark tints should look great.
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:18   #753
BHPian

Trust me .. its a real good looking car. Unlike other hatch turned Sedans, this is impeccable. I am not telling this as i am working in Volkswagen, but i myself am a fan of the car.
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:41   #754
oss
BHPian

Looks good and the rear space seem to be really good. Wonder why the transmission tunnel is so big; that seem to be only downer when it comes to rear seat space.

ACI report says they did drive the petrol version, and they don't seem too pleased with it anyway. That leaves it to the diesel version to make this car a success in Indian market.
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:43   #755
Senior - BHPian

Perfect, proportionate, clean, handsome executive 3 box car design, except for that cheap looking rear tow hook poking out of the rear bumper and that tacky looking chrome lining at the bottom of the decklid. Bye bye verna (especially the lip locking transform) and linea.
Still skeptical to see the sales being stolen away from the city though with the petrol version. I like the overall quality, feel and interiors from the pics itself.
The TDI should be a volume seller PROVIDED VW produces enough numbers and does not create big wait periods.
VW TDI= best fuel efficiency in the high C segment diesel sedan category. Just hope that my assumptions come out to be true.

Good pics!

Last edited by sidindica : 23rd July 2010 at 22:52.
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:12   #756
BHPian

HI

I had sat in the white VW AT model..tried all options..didnt drive it..the rear seat comfort is better..not like polo..you could see ample of space..

front looks have changed and few other changes as per my previous post
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:34   #757
Senior - BHPian

Srikant,

Thanks a lot for the pics it gives a right idea about the space and the make of the car.
As expected the car oozes with the strongly built DNA, good to know its still maintained even in the sedan version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
VW TDI= best fuel efficiency in the high C segment diesel sedan category. Just hope that my assumptions come out to be true.
Hey Sid, do you really think it can beat the FE figures of the Corolla Diesel or the Fiesta TCDi, based on its segment

First I would like to know which is the segment it would belong to, is it the Fiesta segment or the C+ the Civic segment.
Old 24th July 2010, 00:20   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Trust me .. its a real good looking car. Unlike other hatch turned Sedans, this is impeccable. I am not telling this as i am working in Volkswagen, but i myself am a fan of the car.
Srikanth, can you confirm if this was the highline model? If yes, Can you also share some pics on the Trendline model if possible?
Old 24th July 2010, 00:46   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the pics: it does look great.
Old 24th July 2010, 07:28   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Perfect, proportionate, clean, handsome executive 3 box car design, except for that cheap looking rear tow hook poking out of the rear bumper and that tacky looking chrome lining at the bottom of the decklid. Bye bye verna (especially the lip locking transform) and linea.
Still skeptical to see the sales being stolen away from the city though with the petrol version. I like the overall quality, feel and interiors from the pics itself.
The TDI should be a volume seller PROVIDED VW produces enough numbers and does not create big wait periods.

Good pics!
The car seems to have best in class boot space, and a very refined engine to match with the sedan. I think it should take over the market easily. Only problem is the huge amount of booking of the car that will lead to waiting period soon. You wont believe, people already are booking for the vento before it is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Srikant,

Thanks a lot for the pics it gives a right idea about the space and the make of the car.
As expected the car oozes with the strongly built DNA, good to know its still maintained even in the sedan version.

Hey Sid, do you really think it can beat the FE figures of the Corolla Diesel or the Fiesta TCDi, based on its segment

First I would like to know which is the segment it would belong to, is it the Fiesta segment or the C+ the Civic segment.
Since i am a Bhpian i know you guys are waiting . . thats why these pics for you. I am a Volkswagen fan since i started learning more about their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Srikanth, can you confirm if this was the highline model? If yes, Can you also share some pics on the Trendline model if possible?
Yes this is a Highline, These are the only pics i got as i am working in Volkswagen Bangalore, but somebody from Pune must be able to get it soon. I shall post all details as and when available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thanks for the pics: it does look great.
No doubt, its a great looking car in the segment
Old 24th July 2010, 07:34   #761
Senior - BHPian

What tires is the white Vento sporting? It looks terribly under-tired.
Old 24th July 2010, 07:55   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
What tires is the white Vento sporting? It looks terribly under-tired.
The Base model sports a 14" wheel where as the Highline sports 15" alloys.
Old 24th July 2010, 08:40   #763
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
HI

I had sat in the white VW AT model..tried all options..didnt drive it..the rear seat comfort is better..not like polo..you could see ample of space..

front looks have changed and few other changes as per my previous post
Hi Deepan: Where did you see it? Is it available with Chennai dealers?
Old 24th July 2010, 09:01   #764
Senior - BHPian

I'm loving it. Lot lot better than the Polo. Linea has now a real competitor! Srikant: I want to meet you soon!
Old 24th July 2010, 09:41   #765
mxx
BHPian

The design is clean and beautiful, very German, very VW.

@srikanth: I read that there is AT only in petrol at launch. Is there any possibility of an AT Diesel later, maybe next year?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks