Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 10:09   #766
Senior - BHPian

Very very clean design. Very proportionate.

The back looks really good. Especially in the below picture, gives a feeling of a more expensive car. What do you guys think?

Old 24th July 2010, 10:37   #767
BHPian

What type of Auto box is this? CVT or torque convertor?
how much would be the expected mileage?

-MUKE
Old 24th July 2010, 10:48   #768
BHPian

finally.....a decent alternative to City.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:09   #769
BHPian

Absolutely beautiful design. Classic no nonsense lines. not trying to be too futuristic yet a design that will last its generation.

Definetly serious alternative to Honda City. I want a Auto Diesel.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:37   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Hi Deepan: Where did you see it? Is it available with Chennai dealers?
Hi..

i happen to see vento at VW PALACE CROSS in bangalore..they had brought it for some ad campaign..the sales guy was kind enough to take me alone to show the car and he allowed me to start the car and try all options in it.
Old 24th July 2010, 18:15   #771
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi..

i happen to see vento at VW PALACE CROSS in bangalore..they had brought it for some ad campaign..the sales guy was kind enough to take me alone to show the car and he allowed me to start the car and try all options in it.
Thanks for the update. Wish the Chennai dealer gets it here....
Old 24th July 2010, 18:18   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
ACI report says they did drive the petrol version, and they don't seem too pleased with it anyway. That leaves it to the diesel version to make this car a success in Indian market.
OSS and others,

I'm banking on the petrol version, been waiting for this car after parking the City aside.

Any particulars about what exactly is not pleasing in the petrol version? Is it the outright performance, torque, refinement, nvh levels??

This will be a very useful input since a diesel one won't break-even for me (40 km per day average).

Thanks a lot!
Old 24th July 2010, 18:49   #773
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
OSS and others,

I'm banking on the petrol version, been waiting for this car after parking the City aside.

Any particulars about what exactly is not pleasing in the petrol version? Is it the outright performance, torque, refinement, nvh levels??

This will be a very useful input since a diesel one won't break-even for me (40 km per day average).

Thanks a lot!
If you are really considering the car, wait for the car to be available in showrooms, and take a test drive. That is the best way to find what is best for you.
Old 24th July 2010, 19:19   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
If you are really considering the car, wait for the car to be available in showrooms, and take a test drive. That is the best way to find what is best for you.
mxx, I'm seriously considering it and waiting since 4-5 months instead of going ahead with City. I'd definitely test drive it, but my idea is that I'll go ahead and book it as soon as bookings are open (so that I'm ahead in the queue) if reviews are strongly positive.

My requirements are solid build quality, premium feel, ride & handling (all these seem to be fine with vento) and along with these, better-than-average performance. I probably don't mind spending a lakh more just in case diesel ends up considerably being better than the petrol one, but would prefer petrol in favor of refinement & low average running.

Thanks

Thanks
Old 24th July 2010, 22:49   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
The design is clean and beautiful, very German, very VW.

@srikanth: I read that there is AT only in petrol at launch. Is there any possibility of an AT Diesel later, maybe next year?
A diesel with DSG should be down the lane . . will keep you guys updated . .but not soon. But for now, we are taking in bookings for the Vento.

Last edited by srikant : 24th July 2010 at 22:51.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:37   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OSS and others,

This is what ACI wrote " Petrol engine is hardly new in terms of engineering but it suits the conservative nature of the Vento well, endowing it with the performance comparable to it's rivals. But with just 15kgm at rather high 3800rpm, it struggles to deliver speed at lower speeds".

Considering the Polo 1.6 takes 11+ secs to 0-100 (projected by VW), I think Vento would put up a figure of 13+ secs (unless it has considerably shorter gearing)
Old 24th July 2010, 23:37   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But for now, we are taking in bookings for the Vento.
Is there such a thing as a price list?
Old 24th July 2010, 23:53   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is what ACI wrote " Petrol engine is hardly new in terms of engineering but it suits the conservative nature of the Vento well, endowing it with the performance comparable to it's rivals. But with just 15kgm at rather high 3800rpm, it struggles to deliver speed at lower speeds".

Considering the Polo 1.6 takes 11+ secs to 0-100 (projected by VW), I think Vento would put up a figure of 13+ secs (unless it has considerably shorter gearing)
Thanks Guna. Isn't this better than the Honda city figure of 146 Nm at 4800 rpm (translating to almost 15 kgm at 4800)?
Old 24th July 2010, 23:56   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
But for now, we are taking in bookings for the Vento.
Srikant, do you see any reason why only some dealers are taking bookings? I checked with VW dealer in Hyd (Orion Motors) this evening at the HIAS, he said they have no clue when bookings will actually commence.

Thanks
Old 25th July 2010, 07:52   #780
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
mxx, I'm seriously considering it and waiting since 4-5 months instead of going ahead with City. I'd definitely test drive it, but my idea is that I'll go ahead and book it as soon as bookings are open (so that I'm ahead in the queue) if reviews are strongly positive.

My requirements are solid build quality, premium feel, ride & handling (all these seem to be fine with vento) and along with these, better-than-average performance. I probably don't mind spending a lakh more just in case diesel ends up considerably being better than the petrol one, but would prefer petrol in favor of refinement & low average running.

Thanks

Thanks
You should check with the dealer if they will refund the booking amount if you dont like the car after test drive. Maybe srikanth can shed some light on this.
As far as the ride & handling is concerned whatever is said in this forum are speculations. Ofcourse there are ACI comments, but these are not based on full test drives.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks