Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 17:12   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Is this vento gonna be launched anytime in the near future. Lot has been said and dreamnt on this car being the best ever and stuff. Iam sure its going to be a disappointment for many. VW, pls launch the car and put a rest to all the false speculation. I am pretty sure *** is gonna be a a ride to hell. I got this friend who had an accident where in the back bumper of his 1 week old car needed replacement. Guesss what? i took the company 6weeks to get a replacement bumber for the PUNTO. May be with time and increased no. of VW cars service might improve. We just gotta wait and see. But let them first launch the dream car.
why kill the poor guys even before they have launched the car? All this excitement is based on high expectations from a VW.
About A** we better ask the POLO owners. They didn't pay attention to sales itself in first place(with Polo)...so i wud not actually expect much from ***.
just one small thing here : Punto is a Fiat Vehicle...not VW
Old 28th July 2010, 17:28   #827
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend informed that bookings for the Vento have started in Mumbai? Dealer claims delivery by Sept 1st week.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:28   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
something like this?
I think so. As mentioned in the link, I'm still trying to check the source of this information.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:03   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
A friend informed that bookings for the Vento have started in Mumbai? Dealer claims delivery by Sept 1st week.
Without even announcing the price ? Any idea on the dealership (only 3 in Mumbai), last time I spoke to all 3 they said bookings start in Aug 3rd Week after the price launch, deiveries in Oct.

Last edited by m_upreti : 28th July 2010 at 18:05.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:15   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

We wait, anxiously, to know what VW's A-S-S is going to be like...

It is, indeed, the big worry factor. So far, their whole act of production to meet demand and their attitude of whenever on delivery dates is not encouraging.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:27   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We wait, anxiously, to know what VW's A-S-S is going to be like...
VW should learn from the mistakes that Skoda have made in India. Let us hope that VW's A-S-S will be robust and have the much needed feel good factor.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:02   #832
BHPian

Will advise fellow Bhpians to exercise some restraint and wait for GTOs reviews as well as the formal ACI review before booking the car.

As a well wisher, i dont want you guys buying the car just because it is so hyped. Neither would like you to make crystal ball predictions (whether negative or positive) on how the car will be.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:23   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Will advise fellow Bhpians to exercise some restraint and wait for GTOs reviews as well as the formal ACI review before booking the car.

As a well wisher, i dont want you guys buying the car just because it is so hyped. Neither would like you to make crystal ball predictions (whether negative or positive) on how the car will be.

I think this advise should be taken seriously , GTO any news on the invite from VW for a TD.
Old 30th July 2010, 05:58   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
VW should learn from the mistakes that Skoda have made in India. Let us hope that VW's A-S-S will be robust and have the much needed feel good factor.
Hey Maser, long time dude. How are you? Well i am in VW Bangalore now, so i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust. More over, the car comes with a service interval of 15000 kms or 1 year, which ever is early. So there wont be frequent visits to he service station.
Old 30th July 2010, 07:25   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hey Maser, long time dude. How are you? Well i am in VW Bangalore now, so i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust. More over, the car comes with a service interval of 15000 kms or 1 year, which ever is early. So there wont be frequent visits to he service station.
Do you mean that for Polo/Vento also the servicing is at 15000kms/1year? Thats awesome!!
Old 30th July 2010, 09:44   #836
BHPian

Quote:
i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust.
That sounds too good to believe. Do you know any specific plans that VW has with respect to A.S.S which can be shared here?

Thanks
Old 30th July 2010, 11:09   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks srikant for boosting the morale, keep us updated on the Booking start dates. SI of 15 K Kms / 1 Year is excellent.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:38   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Do you mean that for Polo/Vento also the servicing is at 15000kms/1year? Thats awesome!!
Yes, its the same for Polo/Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
That sounds too good to believe. Do you know any specific plans that VW has with respect to A.S.S which can be shared here?

Thanks
Sorry, i dont think i can share it yet on a public forum. But i shall definitely keep you guys updated with official news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks srikant for boosting the morale, keep us updated on the Booking start dates. SI of 15 K Kms / 1 Year is excellent.
Booking has already started for Vento and Polo 1.6 petrol.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:46   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure it's too indiscreet to ask if VW has learnt its lesson from the Skoda problems?

But hey, if you don't ask!

Have to say that quoting delivery as whenever is not at all promising.

Here's something I thought of tonight (been driving in the rain last few days) --- it's a saloon (ok, some people call that a "sedan" ), so no rear was-wipe, right? I hate that!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 31st July 2010 at 23:48.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:11   #840
Senior - BHPian

i wonder what oil vw will use/recommend for a 15000km service interval?

im sure at the moment the cars of polo and vento segment dont go for a 15000km service interval!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks