Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 22:29   #106
oss
BHPian

Nice catch ntrack

While this Polo sedan looks good, wonder why VW designed it a lot like the current Ford Fiesta.

Last edited by oss : 8th April 2010 at 22:31.
Old 8th April 2010, 23:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Its not designed like a Fiesta, it is using only the Fiesta bumper to hide the real car. And as mentioned before, to befool the spy photographers!
Old 8th April 2010, 23:43   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Nice catch ntrack

While this Polo sedan looks good, wonder why VW designed it a lot like the current Ford Fiesta.
VW has put the fake fiesta-looking front and rear parts to camouflage the original design. It is very evident in the penultimate photo (see the extra bumper)
Old 8th April 2010, 23:55   #109
BHPian

Looks like VW has achieved its target with camouflaging with many posters assuming that either it is a ford or designed like a ford.
Old 9th April 2010, 00:11   #110
BHPian

Nice catch there, ntrack.

The door handles resemble those of a Ford too! Is this surely the polo sedan? If so, VW have done a fairly thorough job with their camouflaging!
Old 9th April 2010, 05:22   #111
BHPian

Hi All, Can someone please confirm if we are going to get a 1.6 hatch. From what I heard, it is only going to be a 1.6 sedan and not a hatch.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:03   #112
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Its not designed like a Fiesta, it is using only the Fiesta bumper to hide the real car. And as mentioned before, to befool the spy photographers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
VW has put the fake fiesta-looking front and rear parts to camouflage the original design. It is very evident in the penultimate photo (see the extra bumper)
It's not the front bumper or the tail lamp camouflage that i am talking about. The overall design itself looks similar to Fiesta - the waistline, the overall dimensions, the side & the rear profiles - all look to have been influenced by the Fiesta design.
Old 9th April 2010, 11:12   #113
BHPian

If it was Ford, there was no way they would be testing a car with no camouflage at all. It is evident that it is a Focus Sedan and VW, cleverly faked their Polo sedan to look like this so that Ford gets involved!
Old 9th April 2010, 11:19   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
If it was Ford, there was no way they would be testing a car with no camouflage at all. It is evident that it is a Focus Sedan and VW, cleverly faked their Polo sedan to look like this so that Ford gets involved!
Ummm, I'm afraid I lost you completely mate.

Can you please clarify what exactly you're saying - is it the Polo sedan in disguise or not??
Old 9th April 2010, 11:30   #115

Not sure its VW

By taking a close look with each parts of the car carefully, it seems like FORD Sedan only.Check again the following points as posted in 'Harishnair' collate pictures(Spy picture,POLO hatchback and FORD Sedan),
* Above the Front Grill 'Logo' it have similar Chrome strip as FORD sedan
* Similar to the casing of number plate mould in Front bumper
* Fog Lamp casing matches exactly
* Rear view mirror casing similar and since it might be basic variant it doesnt have the LED indicators
* Wheel arches matches FORD Sedan

My two cents.....
Old 9th April 2010, 12:19   #116
BHPian

I am sure it is not VW, this looks like ford to me, probably new fiesta.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunasek View Post
By taking a close look with each parts of the car carefully, it seems like FORD Sedan only.Check again the following points as posted in 'Harishnair' collate pictures(Spy picture,POLO hatchback and FORD Sedan),
* Above the Front Grill 'Logo' it have similar Chrome strip as FORD sedan
* Similar to the casing of number plate mould in Front bumper
* Fog Lamp casing matches exactly
* Rear view mirror casing similar and since it might be basic variant it doesnt have the LED indicators
* Wheel arches matches FORD Sedan

My two cents.....
The last gen Focus sedan's side profile (rear quarter glass et al) closely resembles the new Polo sedan,and grafting the Focus' front end onto the Polo's nose has almost done the trick.But not to the trained eye.

If you guys still don't believe the truth,notice closely the flared wheel arches of the Focus which are distinctly more prominent than that of the Polo sedan.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:55   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
I am sure it is not VW, this looks like ford to me, probably new fiesta.
What makes you so sure that its not a Polo?

To make things easy, just observe the fender, & rear quarter glass.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

That is the VW Polo sedan! One can clearly see that the false Ford bumper is glued/screwed on top of the original thing as a disguise. Also, if you see the rear badging, the oval badge(ford) is put on top of a circular base(VW)! Attaching pics for reference.
Awesome scoop
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sedan1.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sedan2.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2010, 17:01   #120
Senior - BHPian

I am still wondering why would VW go to the extent of putting Ford badges on the test mule, why not put a camouflaging cloth on it instead.

Why not take a Suzuli or Skoda logo instead. Why be so specific about Ford.

Additionally, I am still guess, why would Ford keep quiet after coming to know the VW is testing its vehicle with a Ford badge on it. (Wont it be misleading).
If it really were a VW, wont they be scared that Ford will take them to court for such an offense. They (Ford) should have seen the pics in Motoroids by now. Why would they still be quiet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks